Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Folk being late.

It can happen to any of us of course but I'm referring to those who are habitually late be it work, social gatherings, kick about on the park, etc.

Right royally pisses me off and it seems to be becoming the norm.

One mate laughs about his time keeping, seeing it as part of his personality, even see it as some kind of attribute.

If we all agree to meet at 7pm surely it means 7pm, not 7:10, 7:30 or later.

And when there isn't an apology even acknowledgement they're late or call to let you know........ :mad:

Perhaps I'm old fashioned?

Next time you meet him, tell him you want to meet half an hour earlier than you actually plan to get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Still singing "On Wednesday night" chant when were not in the champions league, time to move on and find another chant for Europe.

On Thursday nights, under the lights,

We'll play Qabala, and Timbuktu,

And all the oppo, they will be doggo,

As we get knocked in the last 32

• Haha 4

On 24/09/2021 at 09:45, Free Falling Foxes said:

Folk being late.

It can happen to any of us of course but I'm referring to those who are habitually late be it work, social gatherings, kick about on the park, etc.

Right royally pisses me off and it seems to be becoming the norm.

One mate laughs about his time keeping, seeing it as part of his personality, even see it as some kind of attribute.

If we all agree to meet at 7pm surely it means 7pm, not 7:10, 7:30 or later.

And when there isn't an apology even acknowledgement they're late or call to let you know........ :mad:

Perhaps I'm old fashioned?

Used to be a bit bad for turning up touch late for social stuff when I was 16/17, which was odd given I was always early for everything else. 

Become a pet hate of mine as I've gotten into my 20's, we have a friend who is notoriously bad for being late. Anything from 15mins - 1hr each time. We'd organised to go to the pub for his birthday, obviously thinking he'd be on time for once. He strolled in an hour later and wondered why we were a bit annoyed

People on Twitter who do this weird “roll call” thing pretty much Ona daily basis. Been seeing it for years thinking how odd. Now I’ve just realised I don’t even follow him it’s purely based on an interaction of someone I do follow….

muted the offender. However I am sorry if you’re reading this and it’s you. It’s just bizarre imho

A proper old man rant now, but people playing loud music in public places.

In Melbourne, we are in day 230 or something like that of being locked down and restricted to not leaving a 10km radius of our house.

It’s killing us slowly, but one of the things that makes my day is a walk through the nature reserves. We are fortunate enough to live near some beautiful areas to walk, huge bushy areas with lots of wildlife to spot, especially down by the creek that runs through. It’s normally a really peaceful walk to relax and get away from the computer screen.

Increasingly though I’m seeing groups of young adults (16 - 25ish) gathering (which is illegal at the moment anyway) but they are blaring their music so loud you can here it for miles around - it’s also shite music, but that’s besides the point.

I just find it really selfish! And it’s really starting to piss me off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

In Melbourne, we are in day 230 or something like that of being locked down and restricted to not leaving a 10km radius of our house.

It’s killing us slowly, but one of the things that makes my day is a walk through the nature reserves. We are fortunate enough to live near some beautiful areas to walk, huge bushy areas with lots of wildlife to spot, especially down by the creek that runs through. It’s normally a really peaceful walk to relax and get away from the computer screen.

Increasingly though I’m seeing groups of young adults (16 - 25ish) gathering (which is illegal at the moment anyway) but they are blaring their music so loud you can here it for miles around - it’s also shite music, but that’s besides the point.

If you can hear it for 'miles around' then I'd assume the authorities are aware mate so just hang in there!

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It most certainly is selfish and inconsidarate.

I was playing tennis outdoors the other day when a couple arrived at the next court and started playing really loud music during their game. Cvnts.

Can I include neighbours with music blaring from their houses/gardens/while they're washing their cars?

My number one pet hate.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yea you’ll then get the complaint “well some people will take the piss”, those who take the piss at work take the piss regardless, no matter what pattern they work, they will figure out a way to do the bare minimum and do it. 

Heard someone say this about the WFH debate. Basically those who take the piss probably weren't working much in the office in the first place. If you are important enough and your output drops, it's going to be noticed by the people around you, or your managers.

Anyway, on work life balance, fully agree. One former Director at a company I worked at used to boast at the end of the year that he hadn't used 1/2 weeks leave. His other Director would scorn him. He didn't get that back in lieu or money, but he seemed to take great pride in working longer!

My colleague used to work at Topps Tiles and they said that not only was there an expectation you'd have to be there around 15-30 mins before you started work (as well to try and get a parking space) it felt like "competitive departure" where everyone seemed to want to stay late so they could say they stayed late.

There seem to be so many stresses and strains now and I definitely feel a pressure to start before contracted hours. I do build up flexi-time but people talk about not taking a lunch, or working whilst eating and I think it's mad. I'm already feeling underpaid so I'm going to take my hour lunch. Some above me genuinely just don't have the time, and it's led to one or two walking as a result.

I'm a childless male but I'm even at a loss as to how some people manage to have a proper worklife balance with some jobs.

• Like 4

On 27/09/2021 at 01:32, Nod.E said:

I have no shame admitting that I'll tip up at 9:15 or 9:30, basically when I've properly woken up. By the same token I don't shut the laptop at 5:30 on the nose and it's not uncommon for me to work past 7pm.

Ditto, back in the day when I was working that is. And I lived a 10 minute walk away from work.

I remember one morning checking that a colleague had 'noticed' my late arrivals. I figured that was a complaint waiting in the wings so thought I'd just watch myself a bit. Much to my relief, he resigned a few weeks later. My arrival times were never commented on by anyone.

Next job, my new boss told me one of the reasons he hired me was that I don't wear a watch (go figure, whatever) ... at my first review he commented on my variable arrival times. 

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah people who are in at all hours for no extra pay and boast about it, I just laugh and get on with it. Or if they tell me directly I sarcastically ask if they want a medal. 

I once had a HR meeting about sickness (I have ulcerative colitis and it used to be quite bad at one time), and the woman told me with great pride that she never has a day off, even if she's not well, much to the annoyance of her husband. I told her her husband was right and she was an idiot, which didn't go down well!

A mate of mine works for the council in accounts. He does Flexi-time which means he can go in whatever time he likes and then leave early. Or if he goes in early he can bank the hours and use them whenever he wants. His bosses don't care as long as he gets his work done. Which is how it should be. 

I do the same “one blue Peter badge on the way to you”…..