Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

When people refer to Castange as "chestnuts"

Why?  That's what his name translates to...

And before you say "that's not his actual name though", I have some bad news for you about "Castange".

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why?  That's what his name translates to...

And before you say "that's not his actual name though", I have some bad news for you about "Castange".

Castange translates to it in Spanish or Italian ... In English it doesn't, half our squad probably have foreign translations we don't use.

Idk just one of them cringe things mate, cant explain it

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Unfortunately, there is a long history of the subjugation of women by men. We, as a male populace, are now reaping what others have sown.

I imagine most right thinking men in society aren't misogynistic, sexist, anti-female individuals and I guess that includes you. 

A thousand thundering thrills await me
Facing insurmountable odds greatly
The female of the species is more deadlier than the male

Shock, shock horror, horror, shock, shock horror
I'll shout myself hoarse for your supernatural force

Oh, she deals in witchcraft
And one kiss and I'm zapped, oh

How can heaven hold a place for me
When a girl like you has cast her spell on me?
Oh, how can heaven hold a place for me

Frankenstein and Dracula have nothing on you
Jekyll and Hyde join the back of the queue

For she wants to conquer the world completely
But first she'll conquer me discreetly

Oh, she deals in witchcraft
And one kiss and I'm zapped, oh

How can heaven hold a place for me

Songwriters: Scott Thomas, Griffiths Francis, Parle Andrew Anthony, Fagan James

FWIW. ;) Good luck.

Is it okay to reproduce lyrics that are probably in copyright?

1 minute ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

Castange translates to it in Spanish or Italian ... In English it doesn't, half our squad probably have foreign translations we don't use.

Idk just one of them cringe things mate, cant explain it

Or Vlaams.  Fwiw I quite like the Timmy Chestnuts moniker, it has a certain cheekiness to it. 

But I reiterate, if you're going to die on this hill at least spell his name correctly.  Castagne =/= Castange.

36 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

When people refer to Castange as "chestnuts"

Something that always used to annoy me for no real reason is when posters called Ranieiri, "Ranners" and Chilwell "Chillers" - these aren't nicknames.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Or Vlaams.  Fwiw I quite like the Timmy Chestnuts moniker, it has a certain cheekiness to it. 

But I reiterate, if you're going to die on this hill at least spell his name correctly.  Castagne =/= Castange.

Add people that take some kind of bizzare high ground on spellings over the internet ... Zzzzzzz

Edited by Tim'llFixIt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/10/2021 at 13:07, drumbeat said:

I made the mistake of (honestly) saying I wanted the pay check once. It was true, and shouldn't have invalidated me, but you're not supposed to say that are you? And, yes, I get why. It was walkable, I could do it, would have been good st it even (good enough anyway)... was it my 'dream job'? Of course not.  You're supposed to speak like it is though. As I say, I have an attitude problem.

i get it, i needed a job quick and the only thing around was a cleaner in a small mall that had a tesco and some furniture store in it. im supposed to act like being a cleaner is an amazing opportunity or i dont get it. yes, please let me clean up shit for £5 an hour ( was years ago) its all i have ever wanted to do

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i get it, i needed a job quick and the only thing around was a cleaner in a small mall that had a tesco and some furniture store in it. im supposed to act like being a cleaner is an amazing opportunity or i dont get it. yes, please let me clean up shit for £5 an hour ( was years ago) its all i have ever wanted to do

You mean you weren't "excited to be part of the team"? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Agreed.

My spelling is atrocious, I know it and am slightly embarrassed by it. Added to that, I'm invariably typing on my tablet (on this forum anyway) with a small keyboard, fat thumbs and poor vision. It's a recipe for disaster and I assume others could well be in a similar boat.

Then consider other factors; from things like dyslexia, through being genuinely poor spellers or perhaps non-native speakers, to perhaps being emotional - and then throw in overly zealous spell checkers and auto correction just for good measure. There are just so many factors.

So I don't judge the content of  people's posts by their spelling. And you certainly don't 'win' arguments by critiquing someone's spelling. All you demonstrate is a failure to engage with the substance of the post.

There. Now that's told you all ;)

I get you mate, dyslexic myself and couldn't give a monkeys about spelling, it's a very odd thing to claim superiority on if you ask me, it has no reflection on intelligence.

17 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Agreed.

My spelling is atrocious, I know it and am slightly embarrassed by it. Added to that, I'm invariably typing on my tablet (on this forum anyway) with a small keyboard, fat thumbs and poor vision. It's a recipe for disaster and I assume others could well be in a similar boat.

Then consider other factors; from things like dyslexia, through being genuinely poor spellers or perhaps non-native speakers, to perhaps being emotional - and then throw in overly zealous spell checkers and auto correction just for good measure. There are just so many factors.

So I don't judge the content of  people's posts by their spelling. And you certainly don't 'win' arguments by critiquing someone's spelling. All you demonstrate is a failure to engage with the substance of the post.

There. Now that's told you all ;)

Agree with this except for the rare instance like above where a person is getting upset at 'incorrect' names, while getting the name incorrect, but more importantly continuing to do so after it's lightl-heartedly touched upon then becoming strangely aggressive about it.  But I realise Jim is probably just trolling which is why I'm not getting drawn further into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Agree with this except for the rare instance like above where a person is getting upset at 'incorrect' names, while getting the name incorrect, but more importantly continuing to do so after it's lightl-heartedly touched upon then becoming strangely aggressive about it.  But I realise Jim is probably just trolling which is why I'm not getting drawn further into it.

*Tim ...

There are no exceptions to the point Drumbeat was making. These things happen, pull your self together man.

Edited by Tim'llFixIt

48 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Things that just break for no apparent reason and then being quoted £330 to repair the 2 year old product that cost £290. 

Japanese silicone "sex dolls" arent cheap to buy or maintain according to my mate.

Edited by Jattdogg

36 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Japanese silicone "sex dolls" arent cheap to buy or maintain according to my mate.

Not easy to get in your washing machine, either. Maybe just hang it from the washing line and hose it down with a Karcher. 

I'm basically neutral on politics, they're all full of shit and it doesn't really interest me, although I do try to keep up to date as I did journalism at uni.

But some of the shit thrown at the government is unfair. Of course they need to be kept accountable, that is without doubt.

Bashing them for cutting the temporary rise in Universal Credit is ridiculous. 

It was a temporary rise to help people through Covid. That was made clear from the off.

Although it took a hell of a lot of persuading, the same people claiming they won't be able to eat, are the same people who got free meals throughout school holidays.

On top of the furlough scheme, that has cost the country billions, where do people think the money is coming from?

They'll be the first to moan about tax increases.

Probably belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread.

For the record, Boris is a nob, just as most politicians are.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm basically neutral on politics, they're all full of shit and it doesn't really interest me, although I do try to keep up to date as I did journalism at uni.

But some of the shit thrown at the government is unfair. Of course they need to be kept accountable, that is without doubt.

Bashing them for cutting the temporary rise in Universal Credit is ridiculous. 

It was a temporary rise to help people through Covid. That was made clear from the off.

The argument is that it clearly helped and should have been made permanent, especially now that living costs are rising, something which always impacts the lowest earners disproportionately.

Although it took a hell of a lot of persuading, the same people claiming they won't be able to eat, are the same people who got free meals throughout school holidays.

No I'm pretty sure the people on Universal Credits and School Children are different groups, some might be in the same family but mum & dad aren't getting school meals too.

On top of the furlough scheme, that has cost the country billions, where do people think the money is coming from?

They'll be the first to moan about tax increases.

Rises on the tax they have to pay, yes, and they'd have every right to.  Wealth disparity is far worse now than it ever has been yet the top rate of tax doesn't reflect that reality at all.  The "higher rate" has remained at 40% since it dropped from 60% in 1989.  In 2010 there was an increase in the de-facto highest tax band with the introduction of the "additional rate" for earnings over £150,000, set initially at 50% by Brown's government, but reduced to 45% only 3 years later during the Cameron-Clegg coalition.  Despite the higher and additional rates not being touched since, the lowest tax band has seen an increase of one percentage point in each of the previous 5 budgets.  So yes they'd be well within their rights to moan.  If you want to analyse the rates yourself you can find the income tax rates from 90/91 until this year here.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 3