Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

re tea...
Once i removed milk from tea, my life became so much easier..... and (prepare yourselves for this)....you can even just reheat IN THE MICROWAVE!!!

I found it was the milk that mostly ruined all teas, too much or before the bag...or slightly close to off or even making it too cold. You can even enjoy flask tea.

Trust me...once you go black...youll never go back :)

45 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

re tea...
Once i removed milk from tea, my life became so much easier..... and (prepare yourselves for this)....you can even just reheat IN THE MICROWAVE!!!

I found it was the milk that mostly ruined all teas, too much or before the bag...or slightly close to off or even making it too cold. You can even enjoy flask tea.

make a fresh cup you cheap skank

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

re tea...

I don't have milk in my tea either. I stopped when I was doing the atkins diets and just got used to it. 

BTW, Yorkshire tea for the win. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

The ad for the Vinted app. Who'd pay £5 for a second hand mug, who'd buy a second hand mug anyway. 

People buy them from charity shops, believe it or not. Our Air Ambulance shop sells a few a week for around 95p. Generally they're a bit quirky. (The mugs, not the people that buy them. Although, having said that...)!

Edited by Parafox

I had a rice crispies mug once. I grew very attached to it and I took it to work to use. The cleaner threw it out. I nearly cried, it was all I could do to not rebuke them in an expletive laden outpouring.

Point is, I think I'd buy another if I ever saw one in a charity shop, just as a remembrance thing. Funny buggers us humans.

Edited by drumbeat

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Keeping on topic: The way everybody and their mums have become basic bitches for Yorkshire tea this past few years.  Co-op 99 is superior anyway.

All depends on your water!

Different teas ‘react’ to different types of water . Hard/soft, spring water etc.

a cheap tea bag can put in a banger performance with certain waters. And tetley can perform badly. Yet a different water it will be the other way round

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

All depends on your water!

Different teas ‘react’ to different types of water . Hard/soft, spring water etc.

a cheap tea bag can put in a banger performance with certain waters. And tetley can perform badly. Yet a different water it will be the other way round

Tesco Earl Grey tea bags are pretty inexpensive and taste great, regardless of the type of water, as long as it's boiling. The milk must also be added afterwards, not before the water is poured into the cups. Once you're hooked on Earl Grey, there's no going back to ordinary tea!

On 21/10/2021 at 16:53, pmcla26 said:

JD Sports customer service - first they let me order an item that isn't in stock, and only let me know when the parcel is out for delivery (it was half a tracksuit, obviously I don't just want half if I've tried to order the whole thing - not a cheap one either). They advise me to refuse delivery so it can go back to the warehouse and I can get a refund after 48 hours, I do this but then 3 days later, I get told it's out for delivery again! I get in touch with JD to ask why, they apologise and tell me to accept delivery and take to my nearest JD store or refuse delivery again. I choose the former, as clearly the latter didn't work last time, but then get a message from Yodel to say that it's been damaged so they won't deliver! So I'm about £100 out of pocket for something that's no fault of my own. 

What makes it worse is that they respond to your emails with a template - I've sent nearly 10 different emails back and forth and every time, I have to explain again as the person doesn't understand what's happened as it's someone different answering every time. I don't understand how they expect me to just sit tight and accept apologies when they've made multiple mistakes and no effort to resolve it. All they do is say "we're sorry for any inconvenience caused" and ask if they can help with anything else. How about solve the issue I'm asking you to resolve first before asking about "anything else"!

Do they have a number? Why not just ring them if you know you're getting nowhere with emails?

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Tesco Earl Grey tea bags are pretty inexpensive and taste great, regardless of the type of water, as long as it's boiling. The milk must also be added afterwards, not before the water is poured into the cups. Once you're hooked on Earl Grey, there's no going back to ordinary tea!

have you tried Lady Gray tea? Very similar but slightly sweeter and some of the aromas/ tastes are toned down a little.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drumbeat said:

I had a rice crispies mug once. I grew very attached to it and I took it to work to use. The cleaner threw it out. I nearly cried, it was all I could do to not rebuke them in an expletive laden outpouring.

Point is, I think I'd buy another if I ever saw one in a charity shop, just as a remembrance thing. Funny buggers us humans.

Like this?

Screenshot_20211023-211436_eBay.jpg

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Must admit I've never tried it. Wrt the point about not putting milk in Earl Grey tea, again never tried it without.

Slice of lemon instead of milk is the traditional way to take it, but honestly Earl Gray with milk is a far better combination than many are willing to admit.  London Fog is a legit drink.

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

Like this?

Screenshot_20211023-211436_eBay.jpg

No, not as I remember it anyway.  I don't recall the logo being as big/prominent as that... but it was a long time ago and memory does play tricks.

As a child, I lived in Glenfield. The house I lived in had a willow tree in the front garden (weren't we posh) and I remember it being big. Some 20 odd  years later I went back to look... some bugger had chopped it down and replaced it with a much smaller willow. That was the only explanation.

• Haha 2

The match thread on here. Not necessarily the general complaining- you get that anywhere- but people typing Oh FFS, 2-1 Brentford, lost this now! etc and those who don't have streams have little idea whether we've actually conceded, had somebody sent off, missed a great chance, an injury or whatever.

• Like 1