Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 hours ago, Corky said:

The match thread on here. Not necessarily the general complaining- you get that anywhere- but people typing Oh FFS, 2-1 Brentford, lost this now! etc and those who don't have streams have little idea whether we've actually conceded, had somebody sent off, missed a great chance, an injury or whatever.

If you want hooking up with streams for £5 a month hit me up

Instructions that make things sound easy to do, but which turn out to be almost impossible. For example, with some plumbing fittings, tv aerial installations and even removing the back off an old mobile. Today, I needed to replace the battery in my old Nokia. Easy-peasy isn't? Simply slide the cover upwards and off it comes. Well no. After several years of gunk somehow getting in the sides and through the edge of the rear camera window, and then it all congealing, the cover was completely stuck fast. After about an hour of struggling, the damn thing finally came off with the help of a hammer and chisel. Fortunately, no damage was done to the phone. But even the YouTube videos about Nokia phone maintenance completely avoid any mention of this issue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Someone who's made explicitly racist posts on multiple occasions still being allowed to post on here. Unbelievable.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Who? 

I'm also curious. I think I can guess, but not 100% sure.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm also curious. I think I can guess, but not 100% sure.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

It could be any one of half a dozen.

Should name-and-shame to avoid unfair conjecture.

Think of a frightening or scary animal... 

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2021 at 18:04, Parafox said:

People buy them from charity shops, believe it or not. Our Air Ambulance shop sells a few a week for around 95p. Generally they're a bit quirky. (The mugs, not the people that buy them. Although, having said that...)!

Of recent times, when i have travelled a distance, i will often buy an "op Shop" mug instead of a "tourist mug". all the benefits of a great memory, usually meet interesting people, save money and the planet.

Taking characters on light hearted tv shows too seriously.

Watching US Office clips out of boredom and got into a comments dark hole hoping for some funny comments. What I get is a load of shit about how Pat didnt deserve Jim or vice versa. It's a comedy ffs.

Likewise with Bob Burgers, the internet seems to love Louise and bang on about how no other characters understands her, how great her brassness is including some other boring deep theories I cant be arsed explaining. Again, it's a fvcking comedy, talk about the jokes and writing if anything and some taking the characters too seriously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The recent fad of kids at football matches holding up signs asking for a player's shirt. No you can't have his shirt. Much rather the player auctioned it for charity or something.

Much more concerning is the full grown adults doing this. Seems the worst example of it was on Sunday...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/26/thought-man-utds-day-could-not-get-worse-saw-fan-ask-roberto/

• Like 3

Elderly female neighbours who can turn on the waterworks in an instant, as a way of trying to get sympathy and manipulating one into helping them out. These people can also put on a 'I am poorly' voice when they've decided to be ill, again as another way of trying to get sympathy. They'll then act out the appropriate symptoms to the max and even develop a limp as an additional portrayal of infirmity and helplessness. The more you help them, the more they expect you to help.

8 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

The clocks going back and kids not being in sync with it. I wanted that extra hour dammit!

I've often thought that children are the best evidence against Intelligent Design; surely even a crap, pub-team God would have seen the need for an off-switch and volume control.

• Like 4

Soaps are doing a multi crossover to promote climate change awareness.  I have been reading comments on Facebook by absolute melts complaining that they resent environmental propaganda being pushed on them and will be switching off onwards.   There were others complaining that they watch soaps as an escape from news aka COP26.   Last time I checked soaps were loosely based on real life issues lol