Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Burritos are never as tasty and as satisfying as I expect them to be…and are a bugger to eat on the go

Key to burritos is minimising the amount of liquid that's packed in. When you go somewhere that's knocking them out as quick as possible they just aren't given the time to drain the beans or the meat properly before whacking it in the tortilla.

I've suggested using tongs to do the barbacoa beef instead of a spoon at the Chipotle near work but they never listen.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Milo said:

Burritos are never as tasty and as satisfying as I expect them to be…and are a bugger to eat on the go

It depends entirely on the shop/chain. There are definitely more bad ones than good ones but if you get a top quality burrito there's no better food in my opinion. I know there's not one in Leicester but I see you're in Surrey so maybe there is one there but my favourite chain is Tortilla. Slightly pricey but their pork burritos are really tasty. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

It depends entirely on the shop/chain. There are definitely more bad ones than good ones but if you get a top quality burrito there's no better food in my opinion. I know there's not one in Leicester but I see you're in Surrey so maybe there is one there but my favourite chain is Tortilla. Slightly pricey but their pork burritos are really tasty. 

Yep - plenty of Tortillas and Chipotles here. 

I think it’s more the point that I like all of the ingredients individually, but they are never quite as satisfying when they’re all mixed in to a burrito. 
I then usually remember why I’ve left it so long since the last one. 

And the mess…

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Line-X said:

City centre accordionists busking. Why is it always the theme from the Godfather or Sous le Ciel de Paris? Dreadful instrument. 

I bloody love accordian music :mad:

Libertango de Astor Piazzola is cheesy but awesome.

There's a woman busker in Rome who is brilliant. I sat with friends and had a meal and drinks on a terrace listening to her for ages.

It would have been super romantic had it not been for my friends all being male, fat, middle aged and balding lol

Although I agree about the repetitive songs played

Edit: Her name is Gintarė Akstinavičiūtė and apparently she plays each evening in Piazza Navona

Edited by jgtuk
Addition

5 hours ago, Milo said:

Yep - plenty of Tortillas and Chipotles here. 

I think it’s more the point that I like all of the ingredients individually, but they are never quite as satisfying when they’re all mixed in to a burrito. 
I then usually remember why I’ve left it so long since the last one. 

And the mess…

I love a good burrito but these chain ones are never big enough imo

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

"Salary: Competitive"

I'll be the judge of that, ta.

Lesser of two evils in this context in my opinion. The market is that mental at the minute across a number of industries that companies haven’t an idea what they should be paying, or what their competitors are paying. If you see salary listed as competitive I’d wager that the hiring company have no strict budget in mind, and they’re willing to have a conversation about pay, and see what you’re looking for. If they put a definite budget on the job post, they’re either going to put good candidates off because the salary isn’t enough, or put people off because they might attract more junior candidates who don’t feel like they’re at their level yet. It’s alright saying you’d just get relevant people applying, and of course that’s correct, but it’s a candidate driven market at the minute so you want to be speaking to and attracting as many people as possible. 

“competitive” as a term in general in recruitment should be binned though I agree. “Open Salary” would be a better way of wording it. I understand why people get put off by adverts that list competitive anything, whether it’s salary or benefits. But I also get why companies do it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

On 28/10/2021 at 11:11, String fellow said:

Elderly female neighbours who can turn on the waterworks in an instant, as a way of trying to get sympathy and manipulating one into helping them out. These people can also put on a 'I am poorly' voice when they've decided to be ill, again as another way of trying to get sympathy. They'll then act out the appropriate symptoms to the max and even develop a limp as an additional portrayal of infirmity and helplessness. The more you help them, the more they expect you to help.

Fvck that. Let them cry. 

Absolute arseholes setting fireworks off in the early hours. 

Said it in another thread, but domestic fireworks should be banned. There’s no way you can police the curfew and they’re just a ****ing nuisance. For every one simpleton they please, they piss off about 30 people. 

I wouldn’t mind if people actually stuck to the curfew but every year you get arseholes still doing them at 3am. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Absolute arseholes setting fireworks off in the early hours. 

Said it in another thread, but domestic fireworks should be banned. There’s no way you can police the curfew and they’re just a ****ing nuisance. For every one simpleton they please, they piss off about 30 people. 

I wouldn’t mind if people actually stuck to the curfew but every year you get arseholes still doing them at 3am. 

The Fireworks Act of 2003 banned outright the use of powerful fireworks by unauthorised persons between the hours of 11pm and 7am. On-the-spot fines can be issued to anyone contravening the provisions of the Act, so it's up to members of the public to report such contraventions to the police, who'll then do nothing about it.

Edited by String fellow

On 04/11/2021 at 13:26, Mike Oxlong said:

Queue jumpers who pretend they’re oblivious to there actually being a queue or otherwise just don’t give a shit. Happens quite a lot now when I’m queuing to get in to a match at the KP. 

Sorry about that - I wasn't aware I was doing it. 

Caricatures.

Oh look, you've drawn a picture of someone with their head really large in comparison with their body, and you've made their teeth, nose and ears much bigger than they are in real life for supposed comic effect? Go **** yourself.

I already really hated them, when to my eternal distress, I got the 'role' at our friends' wedding of 'looking after' the bloke they were paying to draw caricatures of all the guests. Even I was surprised at what a miserable twat he was, and this hasn't helped

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Caricatures.

Oh look, you've drawn a picture of someone with their head really large in comparison with their body, and you've made their teeth, nose and ears much bigger than they are in real life for supposed comic effect? Go **** yourself.

I already really hated them, when to my eternal distress, I got the 'role' at our friends' wedding of 'looking after' the bloke they were paying to draw caricatures of all the guests. Even I was surprised at what a miserable twat he was, and this hasn't helped

i take it you didnt like yours then

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beliall said:

i take it you didnt like yours then

If I'd noticed him even trying to do one of me I'd have emptied his pencil case on to the floor and pushed him over as he tried to pick the pens up.

You don't need them to actually do one as they all look the same anyway. Oh look, massive teeth, nose and ears, driving a tiny car/kicking a tiny football/holding a tiny glass of champagne.

They gave him money for that, unbelievable

• Haha 1