Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Janette Manrara.

She seems to be everywhere on the beeb atm, can't stand her (don't like her accent) she sounds like she's been on the sauce and her demeanor annoys me.

Another case of the BBC thinking they can just stick anyone from any profession into a presenting job and they'll be good. Musicians, singers, sports people, dancers, doesn't matter they can all have presenting jobs. Some are good, I think Lineker is a natural in front of the camera, as is Alex Scott. Sam Quek is bloody awful though. I don't mind people changing career, but cab these people build up their skill presenting crap nobody watches on ITV3 before being given prime time shows.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Another case of the BBC thinking they can just stick anyone from any profession into a presenting job and they'll be good. Musicians, singers, sports people, dancers, doesn't matter they can all have presenting jobs. Some are good, I think Lineker is a natural in front of the camera, as is Alex Scott. Sam Quek is bloody awful though. I don't mind people changing career, but cab these people build up their skill presenting crap nobody watches on ITV3 before being given prime time shows.

This. 

Deffo grinds my gears, presenting on the cheap without any forethinking on whether the chemistry would work or not. Similar reason why Soccer Saturday has gone down the pan trying to fit aload of box ticking pundits without screening them for style/chemistry/knowledge and its awful.

Not many of these new age presenters are a natural, Jenas/Quek are poor as is Janette. Think Scott is underrated.   

40 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Food places that force to to accept their Christmas menu

Case in point wife's birthday early December and she wants to go Miller & Carter for a steak, went to book online and you can only select the three course xmas menu. No thanks only wanted a steak (which is expensive enough), don't want your other food.

They lost out and now were going to a local place which runs a normal menu.

Weird. I looked at booking a night out for the pool team lads on Dec 4th and Miller & Carter was the standard menu. 

On 17/11/2021 at 11:18, pmcla26 said:

Hearing everyone at work, friends etc. talk about Xmas when you know your Xmas is gonna be shit. Don't blame them being excited, just jealous. 

Christmas is bollox for us. Hate it, hate the build up, hate the "family" get together, hate the adverts and the "perfection" of it all. It ruins my routine which I depend on for my well-being. Christmas hasn't been anything special in my life since I was about 12.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Food places that force to to accept their Christmas menu

Case in point wife's birthday early December and she wants to go Miller & Carter for a steak, went to book online and you can only select the three course xmas menu. No thanks only wanted a steak (which is expensive enough), don't want your other food.

They lost out and now were going to a local place which runs a normal menu.

One of the worst "Gastro-Pub" chains I've ever encountered. Rip off prices and they have refused to cook a steak to my liking, i.e "We recommend your (choice of steak) to be cooked to our chef's standard for that cut of steak". Yes, it was really said to me. Fick off with your pretentiousness. Just a glorified Berni Inn.

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

Fly tippers.

Hanging would be too good for them.

I live by The Mawddach Estuary, regularly cited as one of the most beautiful in Europe, and it's been noted that some people fly tip on day trips from the Midlands!!!

We have brilliant recycling centres here now so the amount of fly tipping by locals has diminished greatly over the years but there is still a small problem with commercial waste (building rubble etc.).

I've seen tourists throwing McDonalds litter from car windows (the nearest McDonalds is over an hour away...) and leaving carrier bags with soiled nappies in lay bys.

I metal detect on the beaches here and always, without fail, find bags of rubbish buried in the sand. Cvnts are too lazy to walk 200mtrs to a bin.  I carry a rucksack just to remove rubbish :mad:

Don't get me started on dog owners burying dog sh1t in the sand...

13 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I live by The Mawddach Estuary, regularly cited as one of the most beautiful in Europe, and it's been noted that some people fly tip on day trips from the Midlands!!!

We have brilliant recycling centres here now so the amount of fly tipping by locals has diminished greatly over the years but there is still a small problem with commercial waste (building rubble etc.).

I've seen tourists throwing McDonalds litter from car windows (the nearest McDonalds is over an hour away...) and leaving carrier bags with soiled nappies in lay bys.

I metal detect on the beaches here and always, without fail, find bags of rubbish buried in the sand. Cvnts are too lazy to walk 200mtrs to a bin.  I carry a rucksack just to remove rubbish :mad:

It's a major problem in Leicestershire; I report incidents to the council team at least once a week. And it's not just small stuff either - whole house clearances sometimes.

13 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Don't get me started on dog owners burying dog sh1t in the sand...

They bag it up around here.

Then hang it from the nearest tree. :(

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Christmas is bollox for us. Hate it, hate the build up, hate the "family" get together, hate the adverts and the "perfection" of it all. It ruins my routine which I depend on for my well-being. Christmas hasn't been anything special in my life since I was about 12.

Ditch it then? 

23 hours ago, Parafox said:

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ditch it then? 

Easier said than done when you have a 29yr old (adopted) daughter with MH issues who expects and demands a "family Christmas". We've tried before and all hell broke loose and we all suffered emotionally and mentally and she took an overdose and finished up in A&E. 

Rock and a hard place, mate.

• Sad 3

59 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The jingles on BBC Radio stations. Hearing the same guy dramatically saying ‘BBC Radio 5 Live’ every 10 minutes really grips me. The Radio 2 one has to be the most irritating though. 

The only thing Steve Wright doesn't talk over is his own name in the jingle and it would improve it if he did.

Steve Wright in the afternooooooooooon.

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Easier said than done when you have a 29yr old (adopted) daughter with MH issues who expects and demands a "family Christmas". We've tried before and all hell broke loose and we all suffered emotionally and mentally and she took an overdose and finished up in A&E. 

Rock and a hard place, mate.

I hate it too and since the stepson died I've even less interest in it but the pressure is still there for the rest of them even though bar FoxyPVJr they're adults.

We're doing Christmas abroad this year in a hotel in the hope that it makes it easier.

Don't know how you get round it but thinking of you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Ocado advert on the radio 🤢. Hate those cheesy purposefully clumsy sounding jingles uhh

They are the absolute worst adverts at the moment. I listen to a lot of podcasts and they pop up all the time. Pointless, it genuinely sounds like they are writing the rhymes during the recording and just putting out each first take for the hell of it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The so-called 'free bets' adverts when you deposit £10 etc..

(Am sure @Lukeslaw agrees, for sure. :( )

Seem to be on many advertising breaks on channels here and there, and also on adverts online.

I do agree! It is annoying and unnecessary. I have not met a single person who wants this stuff rammed down their throats constantly. 

Another note, I have now written to LCFC about the ties they have with the betting companies such as LOVEBET etc. Enough is enough! We have the most betting partnerships (i think) out of all the prem league clubs. Disgusting! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1