Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who say ‘I’ve followed all the rules the government have implemented but still caught covid, it must’ve been because of those 3 people on the 100 person tube carriage who weren’t wearing masks, how selfish!!’ Or any other such comments proclaiming that an ugly cloth mask that your mum made out of your old bedsheet and you’ve never washed is the cure to stopping the spread of a virus 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Emails with no pleasantries at all.

Dear SemperEadem,

I hope you're safe and well in this unprecendented times?

Very sorry to hear that e-mails with no pleasantries at all, grinds your gears.

Stay safe and my kindest regards,

Izzy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The inference on the main forum from some posters that if you moan about the club/managers/players you're a Johnny-come-lately or you don't go to games. Couldn't be further from the truth in my experience

I think the opposite is probably true. 

Many of the positive 'happy clappers' posters (and I include myself in that) appear to be the ones who don't go to games so much now.

I reckon the ones who 'moan' about things are probably those who go week in week out and pay their hard earned dosh.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Worst thing about a work night out is that they always pick a cocktail bar and it takes about half an hour for everyone to get their drink.

Nowt I hate more. I hate that feeling when you’ve just got your bevvy and then there’s a shout that you’re moving on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Forced fun. 

I like a work Christmas do, but some of the shite ideas that go along with it can get in the bin. Secret Santa, Christmas playlists, Christmas jumper day etc

Worst thing about a work night out is that they always pick a cocktail bar and it takes about half an hour for everyone to get their drink.

Have to agree. You just end up listening to people moaning about work at these things. I probably attended half of my work dos in the past as it’s a free feed and a booze up. This year they’ve asked for a contribution to the pot if we want to do something, unsurprisingly they’ve had a 100% NO response 

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

The inference on the main forum from some posters that if you moan about the club/managers/players you're a Johnny-come-lately or you don't go to games. Couldn't be further from the truth in my experience

You could say the same about those that call fans of other clubs horrible, uneducated,  inbred, worst club ever, etc. All clubs have idiotic fans and sensible ones. Stop moaning about it on this thread though ffs!   just jokingggg :)

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Forced fun. 

I like a work Christmas do, but some of the shite ideas that go along with it can get in the bin. Secret Santa, Christmas playlists, Christmas jumper day etc

I tend to agree with this as well. We had a division meeting yesterday and the big boss  brought up wearing ugly xmas (or kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate) jumpers at our xmas meeting thingy-ma-bob. Of course this **** face has a multi religion based ugly sweater. Definitely worried to offend  lol

Sorry, not all of us have ugly jumpers bought or made by mommy, grannie, dad , grandpa, aunt, uncle, dads side peice etc.  

The only good thing about drinks is if you work with a bunch of fit women. My employer is 80% female staff and quite a number of them are fit as eff. Makes those get togethers more fun :)

Edited by Jattdogg

A frequent gear grinding complaint on here is the silly, immature names used by certain forum users to describe other Premier League teams (eg "Spuds" or "Manure").

Just seen Aston Villa referred to as "Vanilla" in the Premier League thread :rolleyes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

A frequent gear grinding complaint on here is the silly, immature names used by certain forum users to describe other Premier League teams (eg "Spuds" or "Manure").

Just seen Aston Villa referred to as "Vanilla" in the Premier League thread :rolleyes:

As coined by a highly mature poster, who, it might be added, doesn't like being challenged on such nonsense.

New build property. Had my 4 car driveway relaid last week, after some construction site traffic decided to turn around and rip it apart a few months ago.

Advised to not let anyone turn on it and we should only go straight on / off for a few weeks. 

The number of people I’ve caught on our CCTV, turning around on it! ……. I’ve now parked my car in the middle of the driveway at the front. 

It wouldn’t be so bad, but the road is a loop and joins the other one at either end. 

The Spanish govts requirement for all 12+ kids to be doubled jabbed especially when most countries are only single jabbing kids.

We had Christmas away booked and looks in doubt now.

HOWEVER if the requirement remains we're telling the rest of the family to go and we'll actually have a nice quiet Christmas

Driving around Leicester, I'm absolutely sick of it. I don't know if it's always been like this but Wigston to town is taking 40-45 minutes at the moment.

What the **** was going on before the Legia game too?

I start a new job in January with less of a "commute", but colleagues from Nottingham and Coventry are making it in quicker than I am

Edited by RonnieTodger

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Driving around Leicester, I'm absolutely sick of it. I don't know if it's always been like this but Wigston to town is taking 40-45 minutes at the moment.

What the **** was going on before the Napoli game too?

I start a new job in January with less of a "commute", but colleagues from Nottingham and Coventry and making it in quicker than I am

I'm sure I read somewhere that Leicester is one of the worst cities in the UK for traffic - it is horrible trying to get from one side of Leicester to the other.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 16:08, grobyfox1990 said:

Have a similar problem on my driveway. I live on a cul-de-sac and a family on the street run a daycare nursery in their house. It was only when work from home started that I noticed an army of range rover mums coming right into my drive (narrowly avoiding our car) to reverse in and out. Explains why the driveway is so chewed up. So we park the car right at the top of the driveway to stop this, and put our bins out there too. The snooty middle aged middle class freak at the nursery house is constantly moving our bins and asking me to move my car. I constantly refuse. Been moving his bins and driving onto his lawn in revenge 

The idiot now stares at me from his window as I come back home to check how I park on MY OWN driveway. Including on Thursday night at 1am after the Legia game. Last night my wife finally saw him when we came back and has stopped saying I’m going mad and imagining it. He also knocked over my bin yesterday, which again, was on my driveway. I feel like this is going to escalate in a very British, home counties, way. Either he’ll put a message in the street WhatsApp group or I’ll find a horses head on my front door 

Edited by grobyfox1990

Probably been mentioned on here but privately owned E-scooters. Actually, all E-scooters and the morons that ride them. Conventional scooters are questionable enough, but at least they require some minor degree of physical effort. Riding though London on a 1200cc motorcycle last summer in one of those ridiculously badly deployed 20 mph zones and got swamped by the ****ing things. At least the rental ones are regulated. I predict a wave of faddism this Christmas as they become the must have gift, even though you can't legally use privately owned ones in public. Had some twat come straight at me on the pavement the other day - tried to four finger jab him in the throat, but he swerved round me at the last minute almost colliding with some old dear in a mobility scooter. I guess there would have been some degree of humour in that...and if a street accordionist or ukulele wielding busker is ever taken out in front of me I'd begrudgingly be forced to concede that they have some uses. 

These ****ing things are ideal accessories for tea leaves and muggers too. 

The British public for you - no different to some of the cretins that have bought drones and can't use them responsibly. A work colleague lived in a quite salubrious area of Warwickshire and some **** insisted in obtrusively hovering a drone the size of a Sikorsky helicopter over his garden one summer's afternoon. Incensed, he started hurling house bricks at it when one bounced off the side of it an equally enraged Hal Robson-Kanu materialised from across the road demanding that he pay for the damage.