Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The rigmarole of shopping.

Like the look of something online but want to actually see and try it on.

Go to the shop - "Oh we don't have that in stock, you can order it online"

Don't like the thing you've ordered, have to go to the shop to take it back or hassle of posting it back.

No wonder shops on highstreet are crying it's dying or some would say already dead, people say online shopping has killed the highstreet, the shops want you to shop online though, it's a struggle to sympathise with them. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

On 27/11/2021 at 16:11, Tuna said:

A frequent gear grinding complaint on here is the silly, immature names used by certain forum users to describe other Premier League teams (eg "Spuds" or "Manure").

Just seen Aston Villa referred to as "Vanilla" in the Premier League thread :rolleyes:

Infuriating. Happy this has been flagged. 

A frequent gear grinding complaint on here is the silly, immature names used by certain forum users to describe other Premier League teams (eg "Spuds" or "Manure").

Just seen Aston Villa referred to as "Vanilla" in the Premier League thread :rolleyes:

Yeah man I proper dislike this. It's just so weird. Grown adults posting it too...

Half of them don't even make sense. Like Florist for Forest. That's just someone who sells flowers, how is that an funny insult?

• Like 1

When you go to wipe your arse with toilet wipes but you can’t find the first wipe so you sit there pulling out a bunch of wipes out of the hole and then you rip the hole, making it bigger, meaning you now need to throw the whole bag away because it will dry out. 

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Documentaries on commercial TV, especially Ch5.

After every advert break they spend a minute or two reminding you what you saw before the break. Do they think we have the attention span of a goldfish?

It stems from America where retention and attention deficit amongst the viewing public would appear to be an acknowledged issue.

I brought up the other week that I recall trying to watch Werner Herzog's 'The Grizzly Man' in California about 15 years back and due to the frequency and duration of the advertisements and the need to then recap half of the previous instalment, the entire experience seemed to progress like a glacial epoch. 

13 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Documentaries on commercial TV, especially Ch5.

After every advert break they spend a minute or two reminding you what you saw before the break. Do they think we have the attention span of a goldfish?

Did you also just watch the very interesting 1.5 hour doc on Salisbury plain/Stonehenge that could have very easily been distilled into half an hour?

I think they drew that semi circle onto that map about 800 times!

• Like 1

Just now, SexyGammonFox said:

Did you also just watch the very interesting 1.5 hour doc on Salisbury plain/Stonehenge that could have very easily been distilled into half an hour?

Just tell me what the bloody pit was for!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

That was what made me post. Ridiculous, wasn't it?

Sadly, not unique though.

In addition to Line-X's reply, I think another purpose is to catch channel surfers. Anyone happening upon one of these programmes gets a chance to get up to speed after each commercial break.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

That was what made me post. Ridiculous, wasn't it?

Sadly, not unique though.

In addition to @Line-X's reply, I think another purpose is to catch channel surfers. Anyone happening upon one of these programmes gets a chance to get up to speed after each commercial breaks

It's a poverty of ideas from documentary makers who otherwise had a great idea for a programme and actually, in fairness to them, it's something that the BBC does incredibly well, brilliant 1 hour, no filler documentaries.

• Like 2