Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 20/12/2021 at 11:19, Samilktray said:

45 minutes of adverts and trailers before a movie in the cinema is very unnecessary. I went to see a 7.15 showing of Spider-Man last night and it was gone 8 before the movie began. Also talking through movies in the cinema seems to be becoming the done thing. 

Then you've got all the walruses making ****ing bare noise stuffing their face while I'm just trying to watch a film. Constant slurping as well of those little ice cube drinks, you get more grace from someone eating in maccies 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Booked to get one of my front tyres replaced today between half 4 and half 5. Turn up at the tyre place at 16:35, and it's already shut. It's meant to close at half 5.

Whilst my tyre isn't bald, it's below the required tread level and needs replacing. I'm meant to be in the office tomorrow, which is about 25 miles away, so thanks Loughborough Refurbs for shutting early and leaving me to decide if I either ask to stay home (I'm the only one from my team in tomorrow) or drive on a tyre that needs replacing. 

If it were me, I'd check the forecast for tomorrow first. Providing it's not going to be icy or heavy rain, I'd probably risk it.

If it's not obviously bald/worn/shredded, then as long as you drive carefully and avoid potholes, hopefully you'll be fine.

58 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If it were me, I'd check the forecast for tomorrow first. Providing it's not going to be icy or heavy rain, I'd probably risk it.

If it's not obviously bald/worn/shredded, then as long as you drive carefully and avoid potholes, hopefully you'll be fine.

It'll probably be fine, I'd just booked today as I knew I was home and it would be easier, plus it means less days driving on it. I think I'm just venting because the closed an hour early when they knew I was coming because I'd booked a slot. Obviously something could have happened to cause them to close early, but then they had my contact detail so they could have contacted me.

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It'll probably be fine, I'd just booked today as I knew I was home and it would be easier, plus it means less days driving on it. I think I'm just venting because the closed an hour early when they knew I was coming because I'd booked a slot. Obviously something could have happened to cause them to close early, but then they had my contact detail so they could have contacted me.

You're right to be annoyed, you've booked a slot and assuming the company is more than a single person, it takes minutes to send a text or call to say they're having to cancel. Given we don't know why they shut early, it's hard to fully judge, but you still have a right to be annoyed.

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Beer in a kids pop sized 330ml can. Just as you’re getting the taste for it you realise that there’s barely any left. 

i asked the mrs to get some beers in for christmas, she got a 10 pack of french biers. they're like shots

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

West Side Story.

Agreed to see the new one in the week but dodged that bullet when a more enthusiastic friend went with my wife instead.

Now sat here watching the original on telly. There's no escape. Absolute w*nk

Apparently ahead of it's time as a musical based on Romeo and Juliet. But yeah, shite in todays world.

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Someone's just said 'skirt' so it sounded like 'skoit', which made me laugh, so it's not all bad

Well, they're 2 Noo Yoik gangs, so that's how they'd talk. It's the exaggerated nature of the dialogue that's quite cringy. 

Edited by Parafox

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Well, they're 2 Noo Yoik gangs, so that's how they'd talk. It's the exaggerated nature of the dialogue that's quite cringy. 

It's like that old Viz Bronx accent joke:

"Say buddy, have you just soiled those underpants?"

"Soiled them? I only just BOIGHT them!"

It's the shrillness of the singing in it that does me. Some of it's nails down a blackboard stuff

• Haha 1