Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The holier than thou attitude presented by some LFC journalists on twitter regarding the "Feed the Scousers" chant. 

Poor from us, but at the same time, completely ignorant to the Chants coming the other way. 

They should approach the fact the majority of songs on terraces have some offensive tones, rather than picking and choosing which sides they go at. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The holier than thou attitude presented by some LFC journalists on twitter regarding the "Feed the Scousers" chant. 

Poor from us, but at the same time, completely ignorant to the Chants coming the other way. 

They should approach the fact the majority of songs on terraces have some offensive tones, rather than picking and choosing which sides they go at. 

@Daggers mentioned in the match thread about helicopter comments during the game online. People on here talking about chants of a similar nature.

It's all vile. But then it's to be expected because football fans have been like it for decades. Glorifying or mocking any tragedy, poverty and all that is just disgusting. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

People who sit in your pre-booked seats at the cinema….. just because their seats are right at the front…. Righo mate, great idea like I’d mind. ****. 

Had this at a theatre to watch Greg Davies. Very good by the way. We had to get staff to make them move to their proper seats... at the back lol. It wasn't even a big venue, it was the Warwick Arts Centre. Some people are just selfish cvnts

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pliskin said:

People who sit in your pre-booked seats at the cinema….. just because their seats are right at the front…. Righo mate, great idea like I’d mind. ****. 

Anytime this happened to me its been somehow engineered that I'm somehow at fault for 'kicking someone out of their seats'. The people in the seats also seem to take an age to gather themselves and conveniently make as much commotion as possible.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Anytime this happened to me its been somehow engineered that I'm somehow at fault for 'kicking someone out of their seats'. The people in the seats also seem to take an age to gather themselves and conveniently make as much commotion as possible.

Exactly this, this guy had his kids with him, and had taken 4 seats, and he said “but I’ve got my kids with me” and? I selected these seats for me haha.

But it’s the knock on that they don’t think about, so the only other chairs available on that row was a chair with space specifically for wheelchair access, and there was a wheelchair user about to come in and take that space… it’s not just the fact they’ve taken my seat, but it is the disregard they have for anyone in the room…. Just plain rude. 

On 31/12/2021 at 16:38, Pliskin said:

This happened to me on a flight once. Before departure I’d gone online and paid extra to secure a window seat, which I prefer because: a) if you’re lucky and it’s not too cloudy you can sometimes get a spectacular view; and b) you don’t have to spend the whole flight getting out of your seat to let somebody else nip to the loo. However, when I arrived at my row a young woman was sitting in my seat. The conversation went like this:

Me: Excuse me, but I think that’s my seat

Young woman: No it isn’t

Me: I’m sorry, but I think it is

YW: No it isn’t [stares fixedly out of window]
Me [trying to show her my ticket]: You see, I’ve got the ticket here and it says..

YW: Well I’m not moving

Me: Hold on - a steward’s coming down the aisle. Let’s ask him

YW: Oh for ****’s sake!! [melodramatically gets out of seat, sighing and cursing the whole time, glaring at me like I’d tortured and murdered her pet guinea pig or something].

She then made a great show of demanding to be seated somewhere else because she didn’t want to sit near somebody with my ‘attitude’. Thankfully she got her wish and the rest of the flight passed in peace…

Was I in the wrong? 🤔

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

This happened to me on a flight once. Before departure I’d gone online and paid extra to secure a window seat, which I prefer because: a) if you’re lucky and it’s not too cloudy you can sometimes get a spectacular view; and b) you don’t have to spend the whole flight getting out of your seat to let somebody else nip to the loo. However, when I arrived at my row a young woman was sitting in my seat. The conversation went like this:

Me: Excuse me, but I think that’s my seat

Young woman: No it isn’t

Me: I’m sorry, but I think it is

YW: No it isn’t [stares fixedly out of window]
Me [trying to show her my ticket]: You see, I’ve got the ticket here and it says..

YW: Well I’m not moving

Me: Hold on - a steward’s coming down the aisle. Let’s ask him

YW: Oh for ****’s sake!! [melodramatically gets out of seat, sighing and cursing the whole time, glaring at me like I’d tortured and murdered her pet guinea pig or something].

She then made a great show of demanding to be seated somewhere else because she didn’t want to sit near somebody with my ‘attitude’. Thankfully she got her wish and the rest of the flight passed in peace…

Was I in the wrong? 🤔

Of course not.

Sadly, it seems to be an increasingly common phenomenon that people accuse others of traits and actions than they’re demonstrating themselves. The last part here of her complaining about your attitude is depressingly familiar.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Collymore said:

Tony Blair becoming a sir when he belongs in prison.

Its an interesting one as it has come from the Queen "herself".  Maybe the palace saw having Sir John Major in there for the past 15 years, and the man who followed him for more than a decade not in there as politically off kilter.  I understand this particular Knighthood is pretty much always given to former PMs of any significant tenure.

And it could be worse, we could have Lord Blair, then he would never be off the telly.

Edited by Jon the Hat

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its an interesting one as it has come from the Queen "herself".  Maybe the palace saw having Sir John Major in there for the past 15 years, and the man who followed him for more than a decade not in there as politically off kilter.  I understand this particular Knighthood is pretty much always given to former PMs of any significant tenure.

And it could be worse, we could have Lord Blair, then he would never be off the telly.

Not just that, I believe it has to be given chronologically, so the massive wait for Blair has held up giving the honours for Brown, Cameron and May. 

15 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Not just that, I believe it has to be given chronologically, so the massive wait for Blair has held up giving the honours for Brown, Cameron and May. 

Makes sense.  There are a couple of vacancies I believe.  I think Scots get the order of the thistle instead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I did read that Blair not getting anything was blocking Cameron, not sure why Cameron is being lined up quite so soon, Major had to wait 8 years after he left office, and Brown hasn't had one yet.

Apparently Blair has refused Lordships in the past. I'm sure the people that have an issue would prefer Sir Tory rather than Lord Tony, so this petition is pointless.

Anyone in the know know what happens when a PM already has a knighthood, do they get upgraded when they leave office or stick with what they have? Starmer for example, if he was to become PM.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 12:03, Collymore said:

Tony Blair becoming a sir when he belongs in prison.

He, honestly, should be tried for war crimes - alongside Bush junior.

A farce of a politician.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2