Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, Milo said:

Virgin Media customer service.

Awful.

I had it installed once, many, many years ago.

It was the start of December and their website front page was "ORDER BY 15TH DECEMBER FOR GUARANTEED CHRISTMAS INSTALLATION"

Once I'd ordered, I was sent an installation date of Mid-january.

The conversation I had with them was interesting, to say the least.

The guy simply stating that it wasn't possible.

I made him go on to their website and read it out to me lol

I think they actually came on Xmas eve after I argued and argued.

The service only went downhill from there. Never again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It was the start of December and their website front page was "ORDER BY 15TH DECEMBER FOR GUARANTEED CHRISTMAS INSTALLATION"

They phoned me a while back as they do, to sell me additional packages. I said no thanks I've got all I need. Put the phone down. A few weeks later i get an email saying that the Virgin Media service has been upgraded as I am a valued, loyal customer and I could "expect" my fibre broadband to be up to 1gb speed!!!!. I do quite a lot "grey gaming" due to my age lol so I was quite excited. No more lag or buffering.

Last time I checked it was 15.6 mgb download speed, 2.5 mgb upload speed. Misleading bastards.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Parafox said:

They phoned me a while back as they do, to sell me additional packages. I said no thanks I've got all I need. Put the phone down. A few weeks later i get an email saying that the Virgin Media service has been upgraded as I am a valued, loyal customer and I could "expect" my fibre broadband to be up to 1gb speed!!!!. I do quite a lot "grey gaming" due to my age lol so I was quite excited. No more lag or buffering.

Last time I checked it was 15.6 mgb download speed, 2.5 mgb upload speed. Misleading bastards.

What does a speed test show as your max speed then? 

Those figures would suggest somewhere around 150Mbps. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Parafox said:

i had the same email. they still expected me to sign up to pay extra for the speed. they upgrade the line, but you dont get it unless you ask for it. and pay

3 hours ago, Milo said:

Awful.

I had virgin installed on 2nd December, 6th December ringing them back up to use the cooling off period. 

They had also miss sold me an o2 SIM card that at the time I was saying I don’t want.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I was with them years ago and have clearly forgotten how bad they were. 

We moved house last December and weirdly the fastest broadband Sky could get to the house was 65mbps. 

Virgin do 350mbps for about a fiver a month cheaper, so it was a no brainer from that point of view. 

Virgin initially booked the new installation for mid Nov. I cancelled Sky (14 day leaving clause) and took a day off work to be in. 
They sent a text the day before installation saying that it’s been postponed to 10th December. Cue frantically contacting Sky to cancel the cancellation. 

Once again I cancelled Sky 14 days before the rescheduled Virgin installation was due, and booked another day off work to be around for it. 

They texted at 8.30pm the evening before saying that they can’t do it and have rescheduled it for 29th December. 
Cue frantically contacting Sky to cancel the cancellation (again). 

Not once did I get an apology. 

Needless to say that I didn’t cancel my Sky broadband until the Virgin broadband was installed this time. 

They came on the 29th for the installation - the engineer wasn’t great. He told me 4 times to complete the questionnaire that will be emailed and to score him high. He tried to rush the installation through and got a bit narked with me when I asked him to wait til I’d speed tested it before he left. It was 100 something rather than the 350 that it should have been. Took him another grumpy hour or so to fix it. 

Anyway, I’ve just spent 40 minutes earlier today trying to contact them as I don’t have any account details. They said they’ll send them in the post and will be with me in 5 days. :frusty:

They really are pretty awful. 

I have actually had really good recent customer service when dealing with Sky. Much easier to get hold of, and in my experience pretty friendly and have always fixed what’s needed to fixed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Milo said:

Awful.

About 3 years ago I was going to switch from Talktalk to Virgin Media, was going to be cheaper with way more TV channels and much faster internet. They had an offer on at the time to get a free Alexa if I signed up (worth £79 at the time or there abouts) but I said I didn't want that so the guy I spoke to said I would get a £50 credit on my account as an alternative, nice.

Well the guy that signed me up set it up for a different date to what we agreed on the phone which I only discovered by text later on so I called up to sort. They couldn't/wouldn't honour the date we'd arranged and I couldn't do the date they text me. It would have been quite a delay to postpone it I think and turned out I wasn't going to get my £50 credit after all which apparently was never a thing when I arranged! The guy spelt my security password wrong when setting up my account and there was something else I can't remember now but I thought that everything about it was a shambles.

I basically said forget it, they were that shoddy I said I want to cancel, I'd rather stick with my current provider who were really good despite paying more, with my basic channels and my internet which was doing the job anyway than switch to them so I did. Told them I'll never consider them again and advised they listened to the recording of my original sales call to verify that everything I'd reported was accurate which I suspect they probably couldn't have cared less about. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Amazon deliveries.  :mad:

Had a message to say they were 3 stops away. So I wait in.

45 mins later I get a message to say that they were unable to deliver!

Gits are claiming there was no answer at the door.

If I'm in and see I'm next stop I usual look for them turning up.

My mum was telling me she had a notification the other day whilst she was out that her parcel had been handed to the householder. It was leaning against her front door when she got home, free for anyone to come and pick it up.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Beliall said:

i have had tinnitus my whole life and it just gets worse as i get older. what is quiet like? is it good?

Same here! Though I don’t think mine gets worse, it’s just consistently bad. I only understand relative silence. 

• Like 1

I know it's been done before but 80% of football chants to the tune of Sloop John B. You'll never sing that, you know what you are, we know what we are, one of our own etc.

There was a 5 minute spell in the game tonight where this tune was the only thing being aired.

Unoriginal crap.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ozleicester said:

When a city that has been among the most locked down in the world (250+ days), just allows unvaccinated millionaire tennis players to come and go... while fathers cant watch their babies being born, or people cannot be with their loved ones when they die.

Novak jokivic can fvck right off..so can the shitbag tennis authority that allows this shit

Looks like they’ve seen sense a told him to piss off!

Bye Novak, don’t come back next year either.

• Like 2

Our neighbours.

They are constantly ordering stuff from numerous stores all over the place and we are constantly taking it in as they're either not in or ignoring the door.

I usually drop it round for them without so much as a thanks but it's become ridiculous, seems to be several times a week, sometimes a couple of times a day.

This happened again on 30th December, even though we knew they were in. We commented to the usual delivery driver that they were in and he said they'd actually noted on the orders to leave all parcels with us if no answer as we're always in (working from home). Now this has pissed me off, I am working from home but it doesn't mean I want to be constantly disturbed taking in their shite.

It has now been sat in our hallway since then as I've made a point of not taking it around for them. Such bizarre behaviour, they obviously wanted whatever it is but they've not bothered to come and get it in almost a week, no doubt waiting for me to take it to them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Amazon deliveries.  :mad:

Had a message to say they were 3 stops away. So I wait in.

45 mins later I get a message to say that they were unable to deliver!

Gits are claiming there was no answer at the door.

Wasn’t expecting a delivery from them but think we might have had a visit from one of their drivers as there was a cardboard box containing an empty bottle of pop and a bag of shit by our front hedge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I'm sure I've moaned about it before, but can I double down on how annoying people on Linked In are. It's all just fart sniffing,  brown nosing and bragging.

It's social media for Apprentice wannabes