Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I'm sure I've moaned about it before, but can I double down on how annoying people on Linked In are. It's all just fart sniffing,  brown nosing and bragging.

A bit of a generalisation tbh.

I agree there are some annoying twats on LinkedIn, but not all.

Personally, I get quite a few enquiries and leads from LI and it serves a business purpose.
If one of my connections is an arse, I just unfollow them so don’t see their timeline. 

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I'm sure I've moaned about it before, but can I double down on how annoying people on Linked In are. It's all just fart sniffing,  brown nosing and bragging.

It's become too personal in terms of non business or career related. People posting things that are for facebook or twitter not linkedin. 

Or those fake "i just got off a call with a client, pay people their worth " or some crap. Like x 2000, cringeworthy comments etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

A bit of a generalisation tbh.

I agree there are some annoying twats on LinkedIn, but not all.

Personally, I get quite a few enquiries and leads from LI and it serves a business purpose.
If one of my connections is an arse, I just unfollow them so don’t see their timeline. 

What's the generalisation I didn't say everyone on LI?

Its not all bad no, I found the job I'm moving to on it.

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

What's the generalisation I didn't say everyone on LI?

Its not all bad no, I found the job I'm moving to on it.

You said LI is all just fart sniffing, brown nosing and bragging.

There is a lot of that I admit, but the main thing is you found a job via it so good luck :thumbup:

59 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You said LI is all just fart sniffing, brown nosing and bragging.

There is a lot of that I admit, but the main thing is you found a job via it so good luck :thumbup:

Oh I meant those that do it, it seems to be all they do on it. Pat themselves on the back, virtue signal and brown nose their superiors.

There's this one bloke who is always popping up, he seems to think being an estate agent is the most glamorous job in the world and makes these videos every week talking about the keys to his success and how great his company is and how he lives for work bla bla bla shoot me. Well done you are very good at making the wealthy even wealthier.

And yes thankyou, gonna be weird leaving the nhs to the private sector.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Oh I meant those that do it, it seems to be all they do on it. Pat themselves on the back, virtue signal and brown nose their superiors.

There's this one bloke who is always popping up, he seems to think being an estate agent is the most glamorous job in the world and makes these videos every week talking about the keys to his success and how great his company is and how he lives for work bla bla bla shoot me. Well done you are very good at making the wealthy even wealthier.

And yes thankyou, gonna be weird leaving the nhs to the private sector.

I'll never understand those that use LI for self promotion. To me, it reeks of insecurity, the need for external validation. and makes them look desperate. If the aim is to sell more, I'd suggest it has the adverse effect and actually puts people off. But with all social media, I guess it's all about the amount of 'likes' :rolleyes:

My guess is that you'll love the private sector compared to the NHS. In all my years, I've yet to meet anyone who's left the public sector and regretted it. My wife is a teacher and although the horror stories she tells aren't in the same league as your NHS ones, I can see some similarities.

Exciting times ahead for you hopefully :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

the private sector.

May I ask if you're doing similar role in the PS Good luck.

I took the decision to retire having worked through the initial wave of Covid and I could see how things were likely to play out within the NHS as well as the risk to myself, being over 60. I'm now fully retired but still in touch with colleagues from the ambulance service and from what they are telling me, it's worse than ever. I guess that was to be expected in the current situation and all frontline staff/critical care staff are under severe pressure and getting burnt out.

Hopefully your working life will be a bit more routine and manageable for you.

Quentin Tarantino’s insistence on putting himself in his own films. You’re watching a great, immersive film with brilliant actors and then then he pops up - he’s a great director but he’s a f**king terrible actor. 

4 minutes ago, oakman said:

Quentin Tarantino’s insistence on putting himself in his own films. You’re watching a great, immersive film with brilliant actors and then then he pops up - he’s a great director but he’s a f**king terrible actor. 

hes made like 9 films and he's in 2 of them. hes not amazing but i think it adds something quirky to those classic movies

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beliall said:

hes made like 9 films and he's in 2 of them. hes not amazing but i think it adds something quirky to those classic movies

Couldn’t remember how many he’d been in but currently watching Pulp Fiction and his appearance annoys me in it no end. Just so narcissistic. 

1 minute ago, oakman said:

Couldn’t remember how many he’d been in but currently watching Pulp Fiction and his appearance annoys me in it no end. Just so narcissistic. 

the character he plays is an arsehole, so it fits that hes annoying :)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, oakman said:

Wasn't this tendency inspired by Hitchcock? - albeit more subtle cameo appearances. 

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

When your kids misbehave so you ban them from a certain device for a set period of time, and then when you hand the item back, they moan and complain that "it's not fully charged" :rolleyes:

Well please forgive me son. Next time you tell your Mum to "fvck off" and I confiscate your i-pad and cordless headphones off you, I'll make sure I return them both fully 100% charged for you. I'll also chuck in a new case and screen protector for your inconvenience.

Cheeky little cvnt.

What's the punishment if they tell you to fvck off? 

33 minutes ago, Izzy said:

When your kids misbehave so you ban them from a certain device for a set period of time, and then when you hand the item back, they moan and complain that "it's not fully charged" :rolleyes:

Well please forgive me son. Next time you tell your Mum to "fvck off" and I confiscate your i-pad and cordless headphones off you, I'll make sure I return them both fully 100% charged for you. I'll also chuck in a new case and screen protector for your inconvenience.

Cheeky little cvnt.

Blame the Mrs mate.

She always makes sure they're charged when she confiscates them for calling you a "ginger pr1ck" lol

She's set the standards.

Morons at football. Turn up drunk, barely watch the game, don't know the players, don't know the songs, call everyone every insult under the sun and try to make it a joyless experience for everyone around them. 

The majority of the newer/ different faces today were superb but this one prat I hope never comes back (or sits near me at least).

• Like 2

Placed an online order, the delivery charge was a bit steep but it was next day delivery,  I’ll have it delivered to home then, order confirmed delivery scheduled for today. 

DPD (meant to be Hermes) text last night your order from XYZ has been dispatched and will be delivered on Tuesday…..grrrr! 

I wouldn’t mind but I’ve paid the extra and DPD have a habit of ignoring my safe place, they tend to delight in waking up my neighbour who works nights to hand over my parcel. I can tell he just loves that! 

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Morons at football. Turn up drunk, barely watch the game, don't know the players, don't know the songs, call everyone every insult under the sun and try to make it a joyless experience for everyone around them. 

The majority of the newer/ different faces today were superb but this one prat I hope never comes back (or sits near me at least).

The Cup games do bring them out unfortunately. I had a couple behind me at one of the Europa League games. 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

Placed an online order, the delivery charge was a bit steep but it was next day delivery,  I’ll have it delivered to home then, order confirmed delivery scheduled for today. 

DPD (meant to be Hermes) text last night your order from XYZ has been dispatched and will be delivered on Tuesday…..grrrr! 

I wouldn’t mind but I’ve paid the extra and DPD have a habit of ignoring my safe place, they tend to delight in waking up my neighbour who works nights to hand over my parcel. I can tell he just loves that! 

Happens often with various suppliers. I've usually contacted them and said it wasn't delivered next day despite paying that premium cost. They more often than not refund the delivery cost. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corky said:

I've sat next to a fair few over the years too. No idea of the players names, and gets the words to the songs wrong to boot. 

There's one really simple one at Wolves where the stand at the North end sings "the north bank" over and over, which you think would be simple to work out and remember. But no, this tool sat there singing "the wolf bank". Took all my strength not to laugh my bollocks off at him. 

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Scroll down the page for ridiculous time-wasting real-life call conversations , wasting the NHS Service valuable time..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59924352

Until they start fining people for the more ridiculous and frivolous ones, they'll just carry on. Only the really stupid cases though, you don't want people worried about calling 999.