Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's 5 actually, plus a narrated part in one.

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Death Proof 

Inglourious Basterds

Django Unchained 

Hateful Eight (voice) 

Though I'd personally add From Dusk Till Dawn, as he wrote it. 

He was also in Four Rooms, which he co-wrote and co-directed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

This intrigued me so i looked it up, he’s actually appeared in 4! Although not all speaking roles.

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Death Proof 

Inglourious Basterds

Django Unchained 

Hateful Eight (voice) 

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He was also in Four Rooms, which he co-wrote and co-directed.

good to know, i thought it was only 2.good excuse to re watch them all and refresh my memory

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Death Proof 

Inglourious Basterds

Django Unchained 

Hateful Eight (voice) 

I wasn’t sure whether to include Death Proof. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

He plays a complete weirdo with a massive foot fetish in Dusk Till Dawn. 

Not much acting required for that one... 

lol yea that was a bit wierd. i wasnt including that in my 9, maybe i should have, i didnt count them. i just recall an article in which he said he wants to make 1 more film because 10 is a nice number. 

Four Rooms is quite a niche film. 4 different stories based in a hotel on New Year's Eve. 

Each story has a different  writer and director.

All linked together by Tim Roth, who plays the Bell boy. 

I quite like the Tarantino section, which is right at the end and has Bruce Willis in it. 

The Antonio Banderas story is pretty good too.

Edited by tom27111

Just now, Webbo said:

Doesn't really grind my gear but the new "webuyanycar" ad. Now you get a quote in 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds. How much of a hurry do you have to be in?

Also, what's the admiration with Philip Schofield being on it?

He'd actually put me off buying from them, personally.

• Like 3

Just now, Webbo said:

Doesn't really grind my gear but the new "webuyanycar" ad. Now you get a quote in 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds. How much of a hurry do you have to be in?

Especially to get ripped off!

To be fair, they've changed owners since their original carnation, but the amount of people I have who say "We Buy Any Car will give me an extra 2 grand".

OK, the car I'm selling you is the same price, sell your car to WBAC then, makes no difference to me.

Guess what? WBAC quoted them that online, then offered less than we did when they actually got there lol

Makes me laugh, without fail, every single time!

I don't even pretend to be shocked anymore.

Bristol Street Motors were so confident that WBAC rip you off, they promised to beat their quote by 500 quid, and we did. 

Had customers not got a WBAC quote, we'd have probably beaten it by a grand.

Then one guy came in trying to tell us WBAC offered 20k for his car, worth about 16k tops.

He tried to fake a quote and we spotted it a mile off lol

Edited by tom27111

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yeah people don't realise they purposely over quote you to get you down there, then knock off hundreds for the tiniest things.

A while back we took my wife's car to WBAC after having on online valuation of £3200. The guy went over it with his checklist and said all they could offer was £2100 as it would need work to get it suitable for auction. 

We walked away, advertised it through Autotrader and got £3000. Which is actually what we paid for it a year previously.

On 08/01/2022 at 22:24, Corky said:

Morons at football. Turn up drunk, barely watch the game, don't know the players, don't know the songs, call everyone every insult under the sun and try to make it a joyless experience for everyone around them. 

The majority of the newer/ different faces today were superb but this one prat I hope never comes back (or sits near me at least).

At the England v Denmark semi, there was a fat southern arsehole behind me who was coked off his tits.

Spent the whole first half shouting “come on you cuuuuunts” at people not joining his weird made up chants. Was shirtless and stank of BO.

Two of us moved at half time and it turned out he fell and got taken away by medics. Sad I missed that. 

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

When you find a recipe online but it's buried under pages and pages of bullshit schmaltzy backstory about the author stumbling across the recipe while hiking around the foothills of Mt Tibidabo, and they saw a squirrel with a limp and it was the most heartwarming moment of their life and inspired them to pass on this incredible life-changing ham sandwich recipe for a better future for everyone, and the squirrel had children and THEY TOO can enjoy this ham sandwich just like you, and I was on holiday, and maybe one day you'll be as lucky as me to have this ham sandwich on holiday, and perhaps the squirrel children can enjoy this ham sandwich, on their own holiday, because it is life changing and will create a better future for all of mankind. And squirrel kind, and here's more photos of a ham sandwich, but MOST importantly I'm a published internet author, on an actual website, on holiday. You can only dream of this moment, eating your shit inferior ham sandwich without a squirrel in site.

Just give me the fvcking recipe, no one is ready your rubbish novel

It is a plague.

Fortunately, here is the cure:

https://www.justtherecipe.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Parents POV needed here to see if my grinded gear is legitimate. My in-laws are trying to sort a surprise birthday gathering for the missus. They want to do an afternoon tea which is fine, but my sister-in-law is messaging the chat that her son "won't eat afternoon tea" and after looking at the menu "he doesn't like pizza, burgers or brown rice" either. Therefore he won't be coming and it'll just be her. He's 12. I'm just really annoyed at the flat out refusal to bring him and refusal to have any thought or desire to actually make him try something from the menu.

At what age do you stop pandering to the food whims of your children? Am I unnecessarily annoyed at this?

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Parents POV needed here to see if my grinded gear is legitimate. My in-laws are trying to sort a surprise birthday gathering for the missus. They want to do an afternoon tea which is fine, but my sister-in-law is messaging the chat that her son "won't eat afternoon tea" and after looking at the menu "he doesn't like pizza, burgers or brown rice" either. Therefore he won't be coming and it'll just be her. He's 12. I'm just really annoyed at the flat out refusal to bring him and refusal to have any thought or desire to actually make him try something from the menu.

At what age do you stop pandering to the food whims of your children? Am I unnecessarily annoyed at this?

not your kid, not your problem. probably best the fussy sod isnt coming. more likely an excuse to cover up the fact he told her hes not coming to a stupid tea and will be playing call of duty with the boys instead

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Sounds like she wants a nice afternoon out on her own. 

Nothing wrong with that in my view! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Sounds like your S-I-L is making an excuse for him to me. Either he doesn't want to go, or she doesn't want him to go.

Probably better off without him there tbh. He'll most likely just be on his phone anyway and not engage in proceedings or talk to your missus.

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Not a dad but have been with two women with kids who practically need a menu reading out every meal time just so they can say “no” a lot, until they eventually get asked about the one thing they like.

I’ve asked my mum about this and me and my sister just got whatever mum and dad were having, whether we liked it or not.

I’m not sure what’s changed…