Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Football on BT Sport. 

All of the main channels who show football (Sky, BBC and ITV) have their flaws but will occasionally have likeable pundits or good presenters and commentators (Dublin, Wright, Richards, McCoist, Chapman, Logan).

Bt Sport, however, decide to offer the worst of everything. The God-awful Fletch and Macca blokes down the pub routine. Owen witlessly droning on. Savage being patronising and lecturing. Jake Humphrey with his smugness plus agenda driven schtick. Any time Liverpool are on it becomes LFC TV, you half expect You'll Never Walk Alone to be the theme music despite Jurgen Klopp classlessly berating their reporters on a regular basis.

Shit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Football on BT Sport. 

All of the main channels who show football (Sky, BBC and ITV) have their flaws but will occasionally have likeable pundits or good presenters and commentators (Dublin, Wright, Richards, McCoist, Chapman, Logan).

Bt Sport, however, decide to offer the worst of everything. The God-awful Fletch and Macca blokes down the pub routine. Owen witlessly droning on. Savage being patronising and lecturing. Jake Humphrey with his smugness plus agenda driven schtick. Any time Liverpool are on it becomes LFC TV, you half expect You'll Never Walk Alone to be the theme music despite Jurgen Klopp classlessly berating their reporters on a regular basis.

Shit.

You failed to mention the baffling decision to make Joe Cole their lead pundit, or at least he seems to be. He can barely string a sentence together. He mouth moves quicker than his brain and he's constantly stumbling over his words, or just missing words out of sentences. Plus he's usually talking crap.

20 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Our own fans, in their hundreds, taking videos of the Kop singing YNWA.

Cringeworthy.

Perhaps they thought it was YMCA and was worth filming just in case they got the construction worker and the cop in the shot.

BTW I have no idea what YNAW means.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Perhaps they thought it was YMCA and was worth filming just in case they got the construction worker and the cop in the shot.

You'll never walk alone.

It isn't even that impressive. I genuinely think Forest singing their song to the tune of Mull of Kintyre is a better atmosphere. 

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You'll never walk alone.

It isn't even that impressive. I genuinely think Forest singing their song to the tune of Mull of Kintyre is a better atmosphere. 

I think you'll find your YNAW should be YNWA :P. No wonder I didn't get it.

How are you doing with Wordle?

• Haha 2

Modern toilets.  I'm absolutely for water conservation, but the one we put in our bathroom last year is pathetic. It doesn't seem very environmentally friendly to need to flush the bog 3 times to get rid of a dump, and not even a monster of one at that. Might as well get a mouse to try and piss it away.

Is there any adjustment that can be done? It's built in so I can't go fiddling about with it, but it would be worth knowing if it's worth getting looked at. When we ordered it they said it was their most popular model, so maybe this is just the norm now.

Sometimes you can't beat a raised Edwardian cistern that sends 20 gallons of water plummeting downwards, more powerful than Victoria Falls, destroying everything in its path and then taking 3 hours to refill

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Modern toilets.  I'm absolutely for water conservation, but the one we put in our bathroom last year is pathetic. It doesn't seem very environmentally friendly to need to flush the bog 3 times to get rid of a dump, and not even a monster of one at that. Might as well get a mouse to try and piss it away.

Is there any adjustment that can be done? It's built in so I can't go fiddling about with it, but it would be worth knowing if it's worth getting looked at. When we ordered it they said it was their most popular model, so maybe this is just the norm now.

Sometimes you can't beat a raised Edwardian cistern that sends 20 gallons of water plummeting downwards, more powerful than Victoria Falls, destroying everything in its path and then taking 3 hours to refill

Sounds like the toilet at my mums house. It's pathetic. A piece of toilet paper in wrong place will just not get caught by the water, and stays in the bowl. Very little water falls from the sides, it seems to fill up from the bottom, which just means paper floats on top of the water as it rises and doesn't go down the pipes. It's annoying, really winds me up.

Edited by Facecloth

33 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sounds like the toilet at my mums house. It's pathetic. A piece of toilet paper in wrong place will just not get caught by the water, and stays in the bowl. Very little water falls from the sides, it seems to fill up from the bottom, which just means paper floats on top of the water as it rises and doesn't go down the pipes. It's annoying, really winds me up.

It's a potential trauma for guests, for sure. They don't know there's a jug in the cupboard for sorting out particular problems, and it's awkward to point this out, even to people I know well