Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

People who have no idea how to use a supermarket self-checkout. Especially if they're doing a whole week's shopping. 

Piss off Sandra, I'm buying a meal deal, you're searching for Celeriac.

Did she use her Clubcard though? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did she use her Clubcard though? 

To be fair Stan, this is at M&S on Interchange Retail Park, right next to work.

I would drive to Morrison's and save a few quid, but some imbecile crashed into my parked car last time I ventured there lol

Absolutely infuriating when people have those little trollies absolutely rammed and the staff member has already had to go over and clear the weight 4 times.

I'm buying a sandwich, crisps and a drink. Fvck off.

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

People who have no idea how to use a supermarket self-checkout. Especially if they're doing a whole week's shopping. 

Piss off Sandra, I'm buying a meal deal, you're searching for Celeriac.

Equally annoying is doing a big shop and there not being any open tills with humans.

• Like 2

Having to explain to my boss in nicer terms that I don't give a shit about their opinion on closing up early if someone has to stay on to cover for an absence, the same person is opening the next day too and making them work the full opening hours would contradict the working time directive.  Capitalism is an inhumane construct

18 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Having to explain to my boss in nicer terms that I don't give a shit about their opinion on closing up early if someone has to stay on to cover for an absence, the same person is opening the next day too and making them work the full opening hours would contradict the working time directive.  Capitalism is an inhumane construct

I’ve not done it for a while, but can’t employees choose to opt out of the working time directive? Is that still an option? 

I remember giving people the choice - along the lines of ‘work hard/stay longer when it’s needed and have time off/finish early when you have something you want to do or when business is quiet’.

Common sense, rather than capitalism?! 

2 hours ago, Milo said:

I’ve not done it for a while, but can’t employees choose to opt out of the working time directive? Is that still an option? 

I remember giving people the choice - along the lines of ‘work hard/stay longer when it’s needed and have time off/finish early when you have something you want to do or when business is quiet’.

Common sense, rather than capitalism?! 

The key word you used there was "choose".  I try not to do the whole toxic atmosphere thing so I honour that word when it comes to my staff and I'm not going to punish anyone for choosing not to be overworked.

On 25/02/2022 at 15:48, Carl the Llama said:

Pretty sure communism has assholes too

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Pretty sure communism has assholes too

Cool.  Have you ever wondered why you instinctively slam communism in response to critiques of capitalism?  I happen to believe it's possible to disparage capitalist evils without requiring a shift to communist ones, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Cool.  Have you ever wondered why you instinctively slam communism in response to critiques of capitalism?  I happen to believe it's possible to disparage capitalist evils without requiring a shift to communist ones, but maybe that's just me.

No, it’s generally laziness in the face of capitalism I imagine, but it was more a comment that you need no one belief or outlook to be a dick. But hey ho, you see what you wish to see.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, it’s generally laziness in the face of capitalism I imagine, but it was more a comment that you need no one belief or outlook to be a dick. But hey ho, you see what you wish to see.

I don't think you've understood at all.  I'm bemoaning the culture of profits over people which sees me having to fight back against my superiors to make sure my staff are treated fairly and in accordance with the law.  To respond with 'yeah but communism' is irrelevant. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't think you've understood at all.  I'm bemoaning the culture of profits over people which sees me having to fight back against my superiors to make sure my staff are treated fairly and in accordance with the law.  To respond with 'yeah but communism' is irrelevant. 

You are correct, I totally got the wrong end of the stick, my apologies!

• Like 2

When a player is doing well for their club, the media coughs up the "ready for an England call up?" debate.

Like being in the England team is the pinnaclelol

Using Maddison as an example, if he plays every game at a major tournament fair enough

but.....

just because he is doing well for his club, he might/should be rewarded with a call up to play against a bunch of part timers in a glorified friendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Rugby. The way pubs get overtaken by absolute weapons it’s a joke. To think football fans get a bad rep. The 6N brings out some right ****ing shits. 

A few years ago, I was managing an O'Neills pub in Northampton. 

Northampton is a big Rugby town and hundreds of the bastards came in to watch a 6N match whilst Leicester were on Sky Sports for the 5.30 kick-off.

Guess what I kept on the TV lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Rugby. The way pubs get overtaken by absolute weapons it’s a joke. To think football fans get a bad rep. The 6N brings out some right ****ing shits. 

Not long ago the 6N England game was on at the same time as our match (can't remember who against, poss Scotland) and the pub I watch our games on was rammed with rugby fans who never ever go there otherwise. Couldn't find a screen to watch our game and when I did I couldn't hear the commentary. The rugby fans were mostly talking very loudly about anything but the game they were "watching". And several had a dog or kids with them thereby unnecessarily taking up space and getting in the way.  

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

A few years ago, I was managing an O'Neills pub in Northampton. 

Northampton is a big Rugby town and hundreds of the bastards came in to watch a 6N match whilst Leicester were on Sky Sports for the 5.30 kick-off.

Guess what I kept on the TV lol

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not long ago the 6N England game was on at the same time as our match (can't remember who against, poss Scotland) and the pub I watch our games on was rammed with rugby fans who never ever go there otherwise. Couldn't find a screen to watch our game and when I did I couldn't hear the commentary. The rugby fans were mostly talking very loudly about anything but the game they were "watching". And several had a dog or kids with them thereby unnecessarily taking up space and getting in the way.  

Edited by Parafox

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Must be the same match.

Got a feeling it was when we drew 2-2 with Man Utd at home and Maguire got a late equaliser for us.

I could be totally wrong though.

I know I celebrated that loudly that the chef ran out of the kitchen thinking it was all kicking off lol