Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Got a feeling it was when we drew 2-2 with Man Utd at home and Maguire got a late equaliser for us.

I could be totally wrong though.

I know I celebrated that loudly that the chef ran out of the kitchen thinking it was all kicking off lol

You must be wrong. That game was at Xmas time and the 6N isn't played then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

People who park in supermarket or other busy car parks that park their cars over the dividing line thereby occupying 2 spaces. Ignorant and selfish.

The spaces are just too small, I'd rather be ignorant and selfish than have someone damage my car when exiting/parking theirs.

Of course I'm weary of vigilantes like parafox, keying my car if I take up two spaces so I really can't win:P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

The spaces are just too small, I'd rather be ignorant and selfish than have someone damage my car when exiting/parking theirs.

Of course I'm weary of vigilantes like parafox, keying my car if I take up two spaces so I really can't win:P

This is very true, cars keep getting bigger and bigger, but parking spaces don't.

55 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

When im waiting at a crossing and have clearly pressed the button for the green man and then someone trots up and presses the button. Does my head in. 

Even worse: I joined a bunch of folk waiting to cross near the Holiday Inn and after what seemed an age waiting for the green man, I noticed nobody had even pressed the button.

I reached past 3 or 4 people to press it myself and yes, it was working.

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Sky showing penalties from the angle behind the kicker. 

IT DOESN'T WORK.

No depth perception. 

Look at the penalty Salah missed against us. From that angle, nobody knew what the hell was going on, especially from the rebound.

Show it from the normal angle. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Got to agree, 2 or 3 times the ball vanished behind the penalty taker in his follow through & i couldn't see it until it hit the net.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

When im waiting at a crossing and have clearly pressed the button for the green man and then someone trots up and presses the button. Does my head in. 

Lick your covidy fingers before pressing. 

Should do the trick :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yes this annoys me too. Also, when I approach a crossing as a pedestrian, if I can see a break in the traffic coming up/just need to wait for a few cars to pass, I don't bother pressing the button I just wait briefly to save holding any of traffic up, but when I'm driving, even if I'm almost at the crossing and there's no-one behind me, someone about to cross will push the button and make me stop - very annoying. Very rarely do I receive the same benefit!

• Like 2

On 25/02/2022 at 03:54, Wymsey said:

Piers Morgan.

Am not surprised at all that The Sun have got his services..

the man who has been fighting "cancel culture", with his own TV show, own radio spots and own newspaper column... and also just met our PM. ffs

The unrelenting politicisation of football. Felt sorry for Tuchel getting the same questions asked of him over and over again - despite him making it clear he didn’t have the answers.

The standard of actual political journalism is dogshit so we don’t need the midwits of football journalism sticking their oars in, looking for their gotcha from a football coach.

Football is an escape, a release. Constantly bringing the drudgery of the outside world into it ruins my enjoyment of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The unrelenting politicisation of football. Felt sorry for Tuchel getting the same questions asked of him over and over again - despite him making it clear he didn’t have the answers.

The standard of actual political journalism is dogshit so we don’t need the midwits of football journalism sticking their oars in, looking for their gotcha from a football coach.

Football is an escape, a release. Constantly bringing the drudgery of the outside world into it ruins my enjoyment of it.

Agreed. None of us got into football for this. Any blame should lie with the Premier League trying to get as much money into the brand as possible, therefore opening up avenues to all parts of the world and any number of routes for cash however it has arrived.

You expand the game globally and this is the result.

Buses, namely Arriva buses. I have to catch 2 of them to get to work everyday and 2 of them back. 

Every single day buses are just cancelled. It is an absolute pain in the arse.

Tuesday my last bus didn’t turn up, I then had to get a bus to rugby, get a train from rugby to Nuneaton and then get a bus back to Leicester. But even then the bus from Nuneaton didn’t even turn up so I was stranded there for an hour and a half.

The joys of having to go to work without a phone and having to solely rely on public transport. At least it gives me a good kick up the arse to get my driving test booked and done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Travelling by railway grinds my gears.

Since I’ve been able to drive I have hardly travelled by train. 

I chose to do a business trip from Glasgow to Barnsley and back by rail this week, as I was driving very long distances earlier in the week and feared I might struggle.  Chance to sit back and let somebody else get me there… maybe get some work done.

Having finished my business in Barnsley earlier than I thought, I set off for Glasgow.  Change at Leeds and Lancaster.

At Leeds, I’m told that my ticket is only valid for the specific journey I had originally planned which is in about three hours time, despite there being unreserved seating on the first two trains, and unreserved coaches on the last train.

I offered to pay a supplement to my existing ticket.  No dice. Need a fresh ticket.

I asked how much for a fresh ticket.

A HUNDRED AND TWENTY QUID.

lol

I would add that the rail information guy (who couldn’t tell me prices and suggested I try the ticket office) suggested “off the record” that I could maybe try and negotiate with the train conductors and so I approached the train conductors and they laughed and suggested I try the ticket office.  The ticket office person was unbelievably impolite and snorted when I told her what I was trying to do.

I mean, it’s not as if the trains you travel on aren’t filthy, really loud, slow and populated by the kind of people who show you their scars and complain about their social worker, three inches from your face.

FFS.

No wonder people fly and drive everywhere.

:mad:

I was forced to buy an entirely new ticket once as my railcard had expired by a couple of days - which I hadn’t realised. I was travelling on the return leg as well ffs.

Some inspectors are rotting bellend flesh

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I was forced to buy an entirely new ticket once as my railcard had expired by a couple of days - which I hadn’t realised. I was travelling on the return leg as well ffs.

Some inspectors are rotting bellend flesh

Such a way with words.  lol

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Travelling by railway grinds my gears.

Since I’ve been able to drive I have hardly travelled by train. 

I chose to do a business trip from Glasgow to Barnsley and back by rail this week, as I was driving very long distances earlier in the week and feared I might struggle.  Chance to sit back and let somebody else get me there… maybe get some work done.

Having finished my business in Barnsley earlier than I thought, I set off for Glasgow.  Change at Leeds and Lancaster.

At Leeds, I’m told that my ticket is only valid for the specific journey I had originally planned which is in about three hours time, despite there being unreserved seating on the first two trains, and unreserved coaches on the last train.

I offered to pay a supplement to my existing ticket.  No dice. Need a fresh ticket.

I asked how much for a fresh ticket.

A HUNDRED AND TWENTY QUID.

lol

I would add that the rail information guy (who couldn’t tell me prices and suggested I try the ticket office) suggested “off the record” that I could maybe try and negotiate with the train conductors and so I approached the train conductors and they laughed and suggested I try the ticket office.  The ticket office person was unbelievably impolite and snorted when I told her what I was trying to do.

I mean, it’s not as if the trains you travel on aren’t filthy, really loud, slow and populated by the kind of people who show you their scars and complain about their social worker, three inches from your face.

FFS.

No wonder people fly and drive everywhere.

:mad:

It took me about 4 and a half hours to get to my flat in the Wirral on Sunday from my mum and dads in Groby. Door to door, with a lift to Leicester station from the old man. So you know, add an extra 20 minutes if it was totally public transport. The return ticket was 58 quid plus a £3 metro ticket up here.

Not awful price wise, but when a two hour car journey takes over twice as long and costs about double the petrol even at 1.50 a litre in a 15 year old Golf, you wonder what the fvck we're doing wrong. 

I feel guilty when I drive on my own but it's so painful getting the train. 

• Like 1

To add, by way of a different grinding of the gears - when I got the inter City to Glasgow, there was a little old lady sitting in my booked seat, so I went and sat nearby.

Within 10 feet either side of my revised location were people who were full of what I hope was the common cold, coughing and spluttering, AND SNIFFING UP MASSIVELY EVERY 25 SECONDS.

Neither wore a mask (in Scotland we still have mask requirements on trains), well, one did, but it was under his chin the whole time.

If I had "a cold", I'm not sure I would get on a confined metal tube with loads of strangers, or if I had to, having taken lateral flow tests, I would consider my fellow travellers and wear a mask.

Most of all, I would blow my nose instead of SNIFFING UP MASSIVELY EVERY 25 SECONDS.

FFS...