Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 hours ago, Manini said:

People on trains (usually long haul ones, so I’m thinking the Xcountry Edinburgh Plymouth shitter) who take massive suitcases with them, don’t put them in the specific luggage racks and just have them next to their seat in the aisle. I’d say train guards should be better equipped to deal with it but I can’t imagine it’s worth the grief they’d inevitably get. 

When people stick their bags on a seat too. Twattish watching people crowd in the aisle whilst their rucksack is nice and comfortable 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

When people stick their bags on a seat too. Twattish watching people crowd in the aisle whilst their rucksack is nice and comfortable 

I don't get why people don't just politely ask for that person to move their bag? Not saying its their fault, but surely nothing wrong with asking? If the person who has the bag doesn't move it, then yeah they're even more of a twat. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get why people don't just politely ask for that person to move their bag? Not saying its their fault, but surely nothing wrong with asking? If the person who has the bag doesn't move it, then yeah they're even more of a twat. 

Most people are too polite to ask 

I was on a train from Nottingham to Leicester a while ago and somebody had left a massive suitcase in the aisle, it took a member of staff asking the carriage 7 or 8 times if the owner could come and move it. This is the level of person we're dealing with lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ask them politely. If they say no then just sit on it. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Well if I have to stand due to their lack of consideration for others  my arse would be at about the same level as the selfish person’s head so I’d be tempted to point my anus towards them and muster the best guff possible 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Manini said:

People on trains (usually long haul ones, so I’m thinking the Xcountry Edinburgh Plymouth shitter) who take massive suitcases with them, don’t put them in the specific luggage racks and just have them next to their seat in the aisle. I’d say train guards should be better equipped to deal with it but I can’t imagine it’s worth the grief they’d inevitably get. 

Covid has been very convenient for this. A mate told me early summer last year that someone refused him a seat when he tried to sit down beside them on a train to York because, you know, covid etc. He then saw that person a few hours later in a packed pub on the other side!

Edited by Nalis

On 11/03/2021 at 10:08, Voll Blau said:

The inability of Google Maps to adequately identify what is and isn't a pub.

In addition to this, people who upload irrelevant photos to Google Maps.

Yeah, sound, I know the city you visited has nice landmarks but I'm trying to check out whether the specific boozer/restaurant you were in looks half-decent or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pubs allowing people to reserve tables. Fair enough restaurants but pubs? No it’s really annoying, empty tables with a reserved sign on them when there is nowhere to sit.

It should be walk ins and first come first served.

Even more annoying is when you’re sat at a table and a staff member comes  along and puts a reserved sign on it, the table is already in use! annoying.

• Like 4

Pubs that still have compulsory app usage to order food and drink. Absolute time consumer which drains battery and data.

Nice way of guilting people into tipping 10% per £6 pint too...

Edited by Nalis

• 2 weeks later...

Social media birthdays.

Usually girls.

Turning a certain age.

Let's say 29 because that's the one I just read.

'Hello chapter 29', reads the caption.

A) Cringe 

B) It's your 30th chapter if you have just turned 29

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Social media birthdays.

Usually girls.

Turning a certain age.

Let's say 29 because that's the one I just read.

'Hello chapter 29', reads the caption.

A) Cringe 

B) It's your 30th chapter if you have just turned 29

And it’s just wank. 

People that stand up to queue at the gate ahead of boarding a flight. You're not going to get there any quicker, you're just making yourself stand while I sit and rest my legs. Idiots.

Yes, I am waiting to get on a flight to Rome 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I work in retail. The amount of people (always men), that come in at least 3 times a week, stand right next to the counter and just talk AT me for an hour. They never ask me anything about myself, never listen. They barely even pause for breath. Just a long stream of absolute bollocks. Basically pointing at things and telling me what they are, telling me about how good they are at everything (they usually have no teeth, I doubt they’re particularly good at anything), mansplaining, talking to other customers, telling me how they’d be doing my job better, etc. Then just walking out. Walking out with the air of a person who genuinely thinks they’ve had a good interaction. Whilst I’m fvcking drained of all life. A husk. Fvcking soul eating wnkers.

Then, as I’m trying to recover, another walks in.

Sorry, pretty specific but fvck me. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Old people complaining about pensions going up at a slow rate.  It has gone up at a faster rate than my wages for about 20 years.

FFS, get over it!

Oh, and I wonder if the interest rate will drop again to ease the cost of living?  If it does not, then we know the bank is on the side of the rich, not the strugglers.

Edited by filthyfox

40 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Old people complaining about pensions going up at a slow rateIt has gone up at a faster rate than my wages for about 20 years.

FFS, get over it!

Oh, and I wonder if the interest rate will drop again to ease the cost of living?  If it does not, then we know the bank is on the side of the rich, not the stragglers.

As a new recipient of the state pension I can tell you that pension increases do not keep up with inflation. They are supposed to be linked to the Retail Price Index but still they lag behind. (And at 66 I don't consider myself old, that's a bit insulting TBF). I don't know your situation, but I imagine if you look at percentages, pensions might well be at a lower percentage rate of of increase than most salary increases.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2