Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

How many of the same video do you need to remember a moment?

Polish_20220503_233327343.png

You... didn't see our lads pick up the PL trophy then?

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

As a new recipient of the state pension I can tell you that pension increases do not keep up with inflation. They are supposed to be linked to the Retail Price Index but still they lag behind. (And at 66 I don't consider myself, that's a bit insulting TBF). I don't know your situation, but I imagine if you look at percentages, pensions might well be at a lower percentage rate of of increase than most salary increases.

My salary increase this year was 1.75%, last year 2.75%. Again, it is referred to (jokingly) as a cost of living rise!

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

You... didn't see our lads pick up the PL trophy then?

My salary increase this year was 1.75%, last year 2.75%. Again, it is referred to (jokingly) as a cost of living rise!

OK but the percentage increase depends on your salary before any increase. My state pension is £638a month. A 2.75% increase on my pension = roughly £4a week but the actual increase is 2.5% which equates to £9 a month which is £2.25 a week

51 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I work in retail. The amount of people (always men), that come in at least 3 times a week, stand right next to the counter and just talk AT me for an hour. They never ask me anything about myself, never listen. They barely even pause for breath. Just a long stream of absolute bollocks. Basically pointing at things and telling me what they are, telling me about how good they are at everything (they usually have no teeth, I doubt they’re particularly good at anything), mansplaining, talking to other customers, telling me how they’d be doing my job better, etc. Then just walking out. Walking out with the air of a person who genuinely thinks they’ve had a good interaction. Whilst I’m fvcking drained of all life. A husk. Fvcking soul eating wnkers.

Then, as I’m trying to recover, another walks in.

Sorry, pretty specific but fvck me. 

image.gif.7f7d290ed918d3f2c3af5fb89aa5d572.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trying to register one's lasting-power-of-attorney status with Barclays is a nightmare! Even with all the official documents, they still assume that anyone trying get control of someone else's bank account must have criminal intent. As a result, they're effectively preventing my 96yo mother from accessing her own pension money, because I (her official carer) haven't yet managed to complete their registration process and can't therefore obtain cash on her behalf.   

• Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 19:01, RumbleFox said:

I work in retail. The amount of people (always men), that come in at least 3 times a week, stand right next to the counter and just talk AT me for an hour. They never ask me anything about myself, never listen. They barely even pause for breath. Just a long stream of absolute bollocks. Basically pointing at things and telling me what they are, telling me about how good they are at everything (they usually have no teeth, I doubt they’re particularly good at anything), mansplaining, talking to other customers, telling me how they’d be doing my job better, etc. Then just walking out. Walking out with the air of a person who genuinely thinks they’ve had a good interaction. Whilst I’m fvcking drained of all life. A husk. Fvcking soul eating wnkers.

I dislike being talked to by strangers at any time. I was walking through town with my girlfriend last week, chatting, and this guy walked out of a pub and said to me “are you yawning when you’re walking with a lovely young lady?”. He said it from a distance, we hadn’t even noticed him until he spoke up. The next thing, we’re standing on the pavement talking to him - and I didn’t want to. Some guy,  I don’t know, and will never see again.  And I’m telling him I wasn’t yawning, and it’s none of his business even if I was, and him telling me it’s because he’s Scottish or something. Utter shite 🤣 

I know it’s because he’d been drinking but I don’t care. Fvck off. 

• Haha 3

I think there might be a trick you can use here. Potentially more difficult because you’re dealing with a potential customer, but try turning the conversation around to something they don’t want to talk about but you can go for hours about. You don’t even need to be subtle. Something they find really boring. LCFC is a potential one with the right person. I find it can make people like this run a mile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

My sister channeling her best I'm the main character vibe by inviting the family to her wedding... 5000 miles away... On 3 months notice. 

Cheers sis. :appl:

Just tell her with one week to go, you can’t make it.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

My sister channeling her best I'm the main character vibe by inviting the family to her wedding... 5000 miles away... On 3 months notice. 

Great time to say the boss won't approve the time as another colleague is already off? 

Has this got worse since the pandemic?

Anecdotal evidence suggests that a lot of people's less than desirable behaviour has got more so

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Has this got worse since the pandemic?

Anecdotal evidence suggests that a lot of people's less than desirable behaviour has got more so

To be honest I only opened the shop at the start of the second lockdown so I’ve not got much to compare it to. Most folk are nice and I do genuinely try and give people time and patience but my god some people are annoying. It’s the complete lack of any form of social cues. Just a constant stream of words without any thought of how it’s coming across or the fact that technically I’m at work and do need to do things. 

7 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I dislike being talked to by strangers at any time. I was walking through town with my girlfriend last week, chatting, and this guy walked out of a pub and said to me “are you yawning when you’re walking with a lovely young lady?”. He said it from a distance, we hadn’t even noticed him until he spoke up. The next thing, we’re standing on the pavement talking to him - and I didn’t want to. Some guy,  I don’t know, and will never see again.  And I’m telling him I wasn’t yawning, and it’s none of his business even if I was, and him telling me it’s because he’s Scottish or something. Utter shite 🤣 

I know it’s because he’d been drinking but I don’t care. Fvck off. 

Aye exactly that. The amount of people that come up and just talk AT you unsolicited. Awful. 

20 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Solicitors and the lack of communication between them when you’re trying to buy and sell a house!! They should know how a phone and email works!!! 

rank over. 

They’re all rankers

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

To be honest I only opened the shop at the start of the second lockdown so I’ve not got much to compare it to. Most folk are nice and I do genuinely try and give people time and patience but my god some people are annoying. It’s the complete lack of any form of social cues. Just a constant stream of words without any thought of how it’s coming across or the fact that technically I’m at work and do need to do things. 

My dad is awful at this. I was helping him print out photos and he called someone over for a problem on the self help machines that I was sorting anyway.

When the guy played around with the settings on this photo, my dad was telling him about the holiday but the guy was focused on the job giving polite but one word acknowledgements that shouls have been taken as 'i dont fvcking care'. My dad finished him off with a 'That was in Sydney, I tried to get the Opera House in the background but someone walked past at the last minute'.

When the guy walked away with a quick 'yeah' in a busy shop, my dad moaned at me for the rest of the day aboit how unhelpful they were and how 'no one cares these days' despite me repeatedly explaining the poor guy has a job to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

My dad is awful at this. I was helping him print out photos and he called someone over for a problem on the self help machines that I was sorting anyway.

When the guy played around with the settings on this photo, my dad was telling him about the holiday but the guy was focused on the job giving polite but one word acknowledgements that shouls have been taken as 'i dont fvcking care'. My dad finished him off with a 'That was in Sydney, I tried to get the Opera House in the background but someone walked past at the last minute'.

When the guy walked away with a quick 'yeah' in a busy shop, my dad moaned at me for the rest of the day aboit how unhelpful they were and how 'no one cares these days' despite me repeatedly explaining the poor guy has a job to do.

Yeah my grandad is the same. Obviously most people’s intentions are good and usually I try and stay patient but it’s when it’s all day, 8 hours of it. It’s so completely draining. 

Edited by RumbleFox

12 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Solicitors and the lack of communication between them when you’re trying to buy and sell a house!! They should know how a phone and email works!!! 

rank over. 

Had exactly this issue. We live in Scotland so a house we were looking at went to closing. We submitted an offer then heard nothing for a week. I phoned up just to chase (very politely) and they made me feel like I was being annoying and basically told me nothing. Surely they realise buying a house is a very big deal for most people? 

12 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

rank over. 

Yep, the amount of chasing we've had to do is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, the amount of chasing we've had to do is ridiculous. 

We have spent weeks chasing and going round in circles. I thought having first time buyers and we buying a new build would be simple. But every time we have to chase everyone about it. It’s ridiculous. What made it worse was that when one of the solicitors sent through the original contract, there were spelling mistakes and grammar errors in it! And they had the cheek to say if you spot anymore let us know. They’re the blinking solicitor!!!!

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

We have spent weeks chasing and going round in circles. I thought having first time buyers and we buying a new build would be simple. But every time we have to chase everyone about it. It’s ridiculous. Why made it worse was that when one of the solicitors sent through the original contract, there were spelling mistakes and grammar errors in it! And they had the cheek to say if you spot anymore let us know. They’re the blinking solicitor!!!!

Haha are we dealing with the same?! The address was spelt wrong on the house we're buying on one of the deed of covenants (only very small, a typo probably). Then they're telling us just cross it out 'neatly' correct it above! 

Edited by StanSP

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha are we dealing with the same?! The address was spelt wrong on the house were buying (only very small, a typo probably). Then they're telling us just cross it out 'neatly' correct it above! 

Sounds like it! Oh and on 2 emails they call me a completely different name!!

Luckily the wife likes complaining so she’s trying to get money off the bill for our time spent chasing. :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Had exactly this issue. We live in Scotland so a house we were looking at went to closing. We submitted an offer then heard nothing for a week. I phoned up just to chase (very politely) and they made me feel like I was being annoying and basically told me nothing. Surely they realise buying a house is a very big deal for most people? 

Seems to be they like annoying people on purpose. 

This is great I’m getting all my frustrations out!! This thread really works. Never used so many explanation marks! 😂

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Innovindil said:

When my cousin got married he said the wedding isn't for him and his fiancee but for the families. Then the honeymoon is for them. Thought that was a good way of looking at it.