Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

With you on that one! I always wonder if people think I sound like I do in my head or how I do on video lol 

It's weird as well how some people can sound completely different on video, and then some sound the exact same as they do in real life. 

you sound like you do on video. everyone does. something to do with the bones in your inner ear dampening sound. 

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

We've lived down south for 20 years and thankfully my Leicester accent has mellowed a bit.

My kids were born down here so speak posh and say barth and parth and take the piss out of me for saying bath and path.

I keep telling them there's no 'r' in bath or path but they won't have it.

Weirdos

When my kids had just started school they began calling the garage, gahrarge.

I assume they picked it up from their teacher.

When I was at school my English teacher insisted that auntie should be pronounced antie

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

We've lived down south for 20 years and thankfully my Leicester accent has mellowed a bit.

My kids were born down here so speak posh and say barth and parth and take the piss out of me for saying bath and path.

I keep telling them there's no 'r' in bath or path but they won't have it.

Weirdos

London born like my Dad and Brother. Mum was a Geordie. I can't even attempt a Geordie accent. Was funny listening to Mum mimic us. Talking to her parents and siblings was a lovely mystery most of the time.

This shit spreading to over forms of life outside of football. We going to get some kid someone running up to a bass player at the end of an encore soon asking for their guitar?

A 17-year-old student who rushed from her final AS-level exam to a concert by The Killers said she was in "utter shock" to be invited to drum on stage.

Grace, 17, from Worlingham, near Beccles, Suffolk, was chosen to get on stage at Carrow Road, Norwich after making a Las Vegas-style sign to get attention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61760973

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This shit spreading to over forms of life outside of football. We going to get some kid someone running up to a bass player at the end of an encore soon asking for their guitar?

A 17-year-old student who rushed from her final AS-level exam to a concert by The Killers said she was in "utter shock" to be invited to drum on stage.

Grace, 17, from Worlingham, near Beccles, Suffolk, was chosen to get on stage at Carrow Road, Norwich after making a Las Vegas-style sign to get attention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61760973

Somebody else was invited on stage to drum with them the other day. I trust the Killers drummer will be docked some pay, he's doing feck all on this tour.

• Haha 1

The pseudo-Social-Darwinist talking heads popping up with the daft mantra "Strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times, hard times make strong men" or variants thereof.

As if the rich and above all varied tapestry of human activity can really be reduced to such cyclic rubbish in the first place, and more to the point speaking as if such things are somehow "inevitable" anyway is an insult to humanity in general. There is always - always - a choice for humans to make their lives better as a group and prove that cycle doesn't exist, complacency and decadence aren't inherent qualities (newsflash, nothing is.)

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The pseudo-Social-Darwinist talking heads popping up with the daft mantra "Strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times, hard times make strong men" or variants thereof.

As if the rich and above all varied tapestry of human activity can really be reduced to such cyclic rubbish in the first place, and more to the point speaking as if such things are somehow "inevitable" anyway is an insult to humanity in general. There is always - always - a choice for humans to make their lives better as a group and prove that cycle doesn't exist, complacency and decadence aren't inherent qualities (newsflash, nothing is.)

:nigel:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I think it more we get comfortable and kid ourselves that there isn't some arsehole like Putin still around willing to cause tens or hundreds of thousands to die completely pointlessly.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

:nigel:

lol It's reductive bollocks and people should be smarter.

38 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think it more we get comfortable and kid ourselves that there isn't some arsehole like Putin still around willing to cause tens or hundreds of thousands to die completely pointlessly.

Right, and that particular situation, though true now, doesn't have to be the case consistently, nor in perpetuity.

A little cynicism is fine, too much is poisonous - to everyone it touches.

Definitely agree about the pointless death, though.

Our dog.

She's rubbish. In the last month, for no reason whatsoever, she cowers upstairs if we're cooking.

She also got beat up by a cat.

In our back garden, her territory, she got owned by a fvcking cat.

And don't start me on when she rolls in fox shit.

She also hates other dogs, so that completely rules out me getting a dog that's actually good.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Our dog.

She's rubbish. In the last month, for no reason whatsoever, she cowers upstairs if we're cooking.

She also got beat up by a cat.

In our back garden, her territory, she got owned by a fvcking cat.

And don't start me on when she rolls in fox shit.

She also hates other dogs, so that completely rules out me getting a dog that's actually good.

....but you love her.❤️

The state of the NHS. No blame attached to the staff who were all lovely but it is beyond a joke. 

Son's eyelids suddenly swole up so bad last night and his eyeballs protruding - proper scary sight.

Got down to the children's A&E at 10 o clock last night, after unsuccessful calls to 111. Was told the wait might be a couple of hours but obviously we were OK with that. Got to midnight and we hadn't heard anyone been called in at all. Spoke to reception for an update and they advised that they'd had no doctor available for the last 4 hours and our current estimated wait time was another 7 or 8 hours.

Made the decision to take him home as we were surrounded by kids coughing and sick everywhere and thought we'd get him in the doctors this morning.

Rang first thing but no doctor available today - we could go and see the nurse. Again she was great but wasn't really sure what was causing the issue and will get the doctor to call us tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

The state of the NHS. No blame attached to the staff who were all lovely but it is beyond a joke. 

Son's eyelids suddenly swole up so bad last night and his eyeballs protruding - proper scary sight.

Got down to the children's A&E at 10 o clock last night, after unsuccessful calls to 111. Was told the wait might be a couple of hours but obviously we were OK with that. Got to midnight and we hadn't heard anyone been called in at all. Spoke to reception for an update and they advised that they'd had no doctor available for the last 4 hours and our current estimated wait time was another 7 or 8 hours.

Made the decision to take him home as we were surrounded by kids coughing and sick everywhere and thought we'd get him in the doctors this morning.

Rang first thing but no doctor available today - we could go and see the nurse. Again she was great but wasn't really sure what was causing the issue and will get the doctor to call us tomorrow afternoon.

Not great is it? As I've said in another thread, A&E depts are really stretched and they will often "borrow" doctors from other areas such as walk-in's, where the seriousness of the reason to be there is less than that in A&E and people can wait without becoming an actual emergency. It's unfortunate and frustrating but until the Gov get a grip of finding a way to reduce the numbers attending A&E unnecessarily, it will continue to be a problem. Part of that problem is the unavailability of the local GP, funnels people into A&E. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On 16/06/2022 at 16:35, Rain King said:

I came in to say the NHS and saw this. It's a load of shit that should be scrapped.

No longer doing 12 month visits on babies to assess growth and development metrics.

Compulsory health visitor visits now stop at 2 months and the next is at 2 years. That is a long time for health issues to develop or social services not be aware of dangerous parents.

• Like 2