Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 14/06/2022 at 08:34, leicsmac said:

It was never about the welfare of kids.

Imagine how helpless these parents must feel that their kids are doing something which they consider a terrible irreversible mistake which will ruin their lives, driven by insane trans ideology which they can see is nonsense but which it feels like everyone around them is supporting without question.  Having occasionally wished it would all go away is hardly an unexpected reaction. Of course their children may keel just the same - it is a terribly sad situation for all involved.

And it is all about the welfare of kids and who has their best interests at heart.  I am amazed that people like yourself who are usually pretty cynically about the motives behind things are letting trans supporters off scot free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Imagine how helpless these parents must feel that their kids are doing something which they consider a terrible irreversible mistake which will ruin their lives, driven by insane trans ideology which they can see is nonsense but which it feels like everyone around them is supporting without question.  Having occasionally wished it would all go away is hardly an unexpected reaction. Of course their children may keel just the same - it is a terribly sad situation for all involved.

And it is all about the welfare of kids and who has their best interests at heart.  I am amazed that people like yourself who are usually pretty cynically about the motives behind things are letting trans supporters off scot free.

This makes the assumption that the judgement of society (possibly including government) views trans kids and cis kids equally and therefore equal attention should be given to the plight of the kids and the parents alike.

It does not. A few vociferous trans supporting talking heads on Twitter does not a societal consensus make.

When the number of trans kids regretting their "terrible irreversible mistake" matches or surpasses the number that remain closeted, and/or harm or do worse to themselves because of the pressure from their parents and society in general, then I will consider having an equal amount of sympathy for these parents who seem unable to accept that their children won't take the path they have chosen for them.

Until then, if one is talking about the welfare of kids, sympathy for their own viewpoints on this matter supercedes what their parents think of it, especially when that response is to be emotionally abusive in this way.

NB. "An equal amount of sympathy" does not mean "no sympathy at all for these parents"; of course they deserve understanding given that their kids are undertaking an action they cannot or do not understand. It's just that their children deserve more.

Edited by leicsmac

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

The anti-moaners about kits, ticket prices etc. The club aren't going to shag you 

The ticket price argument baffles me when it is claimed we have to increase prices to compete as though it'll make any difference to our income.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

The ticket price argument baffles me when it is claimed we have to increase prices to compete as though it'll make any difference to our income.

We have, what 6k non STH seats? An additional £10 per seat, per game is just over £1.1m a season provided we sell all of them out - which is equivalent to about 6 weeks of Rodgers’ wages lol 

We’ll definitely see sub 30k attendances in the league in January and February, when bills are at their highest and it costs around £90 for a dad and two kids 

13 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Any Chelsea fan thinking they won us the league as if we weren't going to anyway. Don't get me wrong I was buzzing that night but we had it in the bag

Mate we won the league by 10 odd points and Tottenham weren't even second. Who cares what they think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Mate we won the league by 10 odd points and Tottenham weren't even second. Who cares what they think.

Just not a fan of the narrative. These things start to become widely accepted in the media and I just find it disrespectful to our amazing achievement that year 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just not a fan of the narrative. These things start to become widely accepted in the media and I just find it disrespectful to our amazing achievement that year 

Chelsea didn’t win us the league; Everton were quite blatantly there for the taking when we played them. But their comeback did give us the celebration day with Andrea Bocelli. So I’ll always be thankful to them for that.

20 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Chelsea didn’t win us the league; Everton were quite blatantly there for the taking when we played them. But their comeback did give us the celebration day with Andrea Bocelli. So I’ll always be thankful to them for that.

Funny how Chelsea have featured so much in our recent history. Their draw with Spurs, the last match of that season played at Stamford Bridge and of course the Cup win against them.

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Funny how Chelsea have featured so much in our recent history. Their draw with Spurs, the last match of that season played at Stamford Bridge and of course the Cup win against them.

Plus lowballing us for Kante. Then making up for it with Drinkwater.

• Like 1

I always see people say the media say "Chelsea won us the league" but I don't think I've ever seen it.

Plus the media, the whole Country (outside of North London) wanted us to win the league that season too.

Some of our fans just like to think we're not respected. It's the same as when people used to moan because Sky never included pictures of our players in the top 6 lol

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

People microwaving fish in an office. Have some bloody consideration! 

Back in the old days of working in an office, me and some colleagues had chipped in to buy our own microwave for the kitchenette, and the cheeky gits in an adjacent office used to use it without asking - fair enough, but one cvnt decided to start cooking kippers in it, and it would render the kitchenette unusable for about an hour after. The third time he did it I left a post-it on there "NO FISH THANKS" written in large caps. He didn't do it again.

I don't know how you could think it was acceptable to cook something with such an obviously offensive smell in a public place, mind you this guy was a **** and a half

The current constant banging on about Glastonbury on the radio/TV. Yes, WE KNOW IT'S ON AND WHICH FARM IT COMES FROM. 

Also the repetitive mentions of McCartney and Ross (not Jonathon). I'll watch it but we really don't need the constant plugging.