Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People posting non work/career related stuff on LinkedIn. Abortion stories is the latest and greatest. It's not facebook!

I get that we might post about that here (in a "general forum" of a football forum lol) but personal shit not related to career should fook off to facebook.  The replies i see from people caling others murderers or lefty this or righty that. Way to turn off career prospects you melts.

Let me post about it here though!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 09:22, BenTheFox said:

People microwaving fish in an office. Have some bloody consideration! 

I used to love microwaving leftover fish pie when the staff who loathed me were in the canteen. I ate microwaved fish pie a lot at that place.

Papers reporting on trivial little things when a new manager takes over from a sacked 1 like they are some sort of revolutionary, like this is all the sacked manager had to do!
For example Ten Hag has reintroduced Sir Alex Fergusons strict 9am start, fec me way to get tough Ten lol so not a single manager since Fergie had them in before 9am? surely a normal day for a footballer is 8am for most at the lastest anyway?

Also the amount of times i've read numerous managers, in this case Conte, had banned Ketchup & Mayo from the canteen, jeezus small margins my arse i can't see these guys emptying a bottle of ketchup on their plates like a 8yr old does, a blob of ketchup on the side of the plate will make jack difference in the big scheme of things.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

High school leavers proms.

Apparently, as a parent, we all have to watch the kids go in, get them expensive cars to arrive in and spend a fortune on something for them to wear.

Why? 

Just another Americanism that's become part of life.

Ah well, roll on Halloween :blink:

Not just this, add "graduating" from primary school and receiving a "diploma" as well. 

We're well and truly becoming a yank state.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

High school leavers proms.

Apparently, as a parent, we all have to watch the kids go in, get them expensive cars to arrive in and spend a fortune on something for them to wear.

Why? 

Just another Americanism that's become part of life.

Ah well, roll on Halloween :blink:

Agreed. 

On 08/07/2022 at 21:03, Silebyfox_89 said:

Not just this, add "graduating" from primary school and receiving a "diploma" as well. 

We're well and truly becoming a yank state.

Nurseries have started doing that as well.    It really cheapens the achievement of the actual graduation for me.

• Haha 1

Nobody else in the household seems able to undertake the technically challenging job of tightening up the lav seat. Annoyed at that domestic laziness, but a side moan is that toilet seats seem to be much less robust than "back in my day". 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Nobody else in the household seems able to undertake the technically challenging job of tightening up the lav seat. Annoyed at that domestic laziness, but a side moan is that toilet seats seem to be much less robust than "back in my day". 

It's a shit job.

• Sad 1

On 30/06/2022 at 12:39, BKLFox said:

Papers reporting on trivial little things when a new manager takes over from a sacked 1 like they are some sort of revolutionary, like this is all the sacked manager had to do!
For example Ten Hag has reintroduced Sir Alex Fergusons strict 9am start, fec me way to get tough Ten lol so not a single manager since Fergie had them in before 9am? surely a normal day for a footballer is 8am for most at the lastest anyway?

Also the amount of times i've read numerous managers, in this case Conte, had banned Ketchup & Mayo from the canteen, jeezus small margins my arse i can't see these guys emptying a bottle of ketchup on their plates like a 8yr old does, a blob of ketchup on the side of the plate will make jack difference in the big scheme of things.

People saying "amount of times" when it should be "number of times".  ;):D

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

People saying "amount of times" when it should be "number of times".  ;):D

This has just reminded me of something. 

Hosts on quiz shows saying "This is worth 20 thousand pound"

It's pounds, plural, there's more than one.

Danny Dyer particularly guilty of it on The Wall.

Edited by tom27111

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

People in the Tielemans thread asking "Is he still here?" or "Has he gone yet?"

I would go further and say anyone who spends their time in the transfer section. If anything happens it happens and we will all know about it. I feel so sad for those who spend their time and energy refreshing transfers threads to see if anything is happening. It’s all surreal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I would go further and say anyone who spends their time in the transfer section. If anything happens it happens and we will all know about it. I feel so sad for those who spend their time and energy refreshing transfers threads to see if anything is happening. It’s all surreal. 

I go on there for updates mainly. Just annoying when you've got posts that either can't be bothered to read the thread or imply that the player is toxic and should go when nothing suggests that is the case.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Milo said:

People that talk loudly on their phone in public places. 

Fvck off

Or on the metro or train when everyone else is silent, on speakerphone too. Save it for outside you fvcking mouthbreathing fvck