Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

14 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Couldnt believe it on the bus once, a young girl was discussing her sex life over the phone.

I can only think she had completely forgotten where she was.

In their own bubble. The lack of awareness is amazing. So ignorant.

• Like 1

The talking heads on Facebook dismissing the current UK heatwave as "just summer" and disregarding it being part of a larger general upward trend in temperatures.

Oh, and the ignoramuses like Steve Baker who they elect.

That culture of scientific ignorance and the pride in it, sometimes enough to affect policy decisions in a democracy, makes actually guaranteeing a future for human civilisation so much more difficult.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Wtf who does that? 

Heard a neighbour say that a couple of kids in Syston were seen this morning doing so, before they got shouted at and ran off.

There are/flowers in front of a sketch mural of someone fairly young who passed away a few days ago (think he was in his late-twenties/early-thirties; I knew of him as he had a seizure dog with him when he was out and about in the town and greeted him a few times).

Edited by Wymsey

55 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard a neighbour say that a couple of kids in Syston were seen this morning doing so, before they got shouted at and ran off.

There are/flowers in front of an sketch mural of someone fairly young who passed away a few days ago (think he was in his late-twenties/early-thirties; I knew of him as he had a seizure dog with him when he was out and about in the town and greeted him a few times).

That really happened to the mural? That's my good friend Leigh who died recently. His funeral is on Monday. He was 36.

Should add he was probably the biggest Leicester fan you could ever meet. He was there pretty much every match home and away and one of the nicest, most genuine people you could meet. Have many happy memories of going to away games with him. He was with me at Tranmere in League One when we were torn apart.

Faced so much in his life but was always the life and soul of every night out despite the fact he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol. Couple of Red Bulls and he was sorted. 

Terrible taste in music though.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There are/flowers in front of an sketch mural of someone fairly young who passed away a few days ago (think he was in his late-twenties/early-thirties; I knew of him as he had a seizure dog with him when he was out and about in the town and greeted him a few times).

Scumbags. They should be taught some respect absolute shit thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

There's not a better word for them..

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

That really happened to the mural? That's my good friend Leigh who died recently. His funeral is on Monday. He was 36.

Should add he was probably the biggest Leicester fan you could ever meet. He was there pretty much every match home and away and one of the nicest, most genuine people you could meet. Have many happy memories of going to away games with him. He was with me at Tranmere in League One when we were torn apart.

Faced so much in his life but was always the life and soul of every night out despite the fact he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol. Couple of Red Bulls and he was sorted. 

Terrible taste in music though.

Apparently, yes.

Went on the Spotted Syston Facebook page this afternoon, and a few have commented on the incident.

Didn't know Leigh personally, but as - like you say -  he always came across as pleasant and sociable when going past him and his dog in the park/pavement.

The town has lost a very good character, for sure.

It appeared that, despite his disability, it never stopped him living to the full.

Can imagine it being a big farewell on Monday; given the mural tributes and also seeing him talking to many different people in the town when I ever saw him.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There's not a better word for them..

Apparently, yes.

Went on the Spotted Syston Facebook page this afternoon, and a few have commented on the incident.

Didn't know Leigh personally, but as - like you say -  he always came across as pleasant and sociable when going past him and his dog in the park/pavement.

The town has lost a very good character, for sure.

It appeared that, despite his disability, it never stopped him living to the full.

Can imagine it being a big farewell on Monday; given the mural tributes and also seeing him talking to many different people in the town when I ever saw him.

Yeah it will be massive. Unfortunately I'm on holiday so won't make it but will be thinking about him.

Not seen him since before covid but I know his seizures had been getting worse and he was volunteering in the Mind charity shop in Syston to get himself out and about. I went over and made a donation in his memory before coming on holiday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Yeah it will be massive. Unfortunately I'm on holiday so won't make it but will be thinking about him.

Not seen him since before covid but I know his seizures had been getting worse and he was volunteering in the Mind charity shop in Syston to get himself out and about. I went over and made a donation in his memory before coming on holiday.

Am sure. :thumbup:

Please let me know if there's some JustGiving page for his family or another donation happening surrounding him, as would be very willing to contribute.

Thanks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I'm all for not hitting kids nowadays, BUT...... :D..... you knew you'd done something seriously wrong when your dad went mental and gave you a smack. You certainly didn't do it again that's for sure. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Getting home from work and the Mrs telling me she's making a roast dinner.

1. It's 34 degrees here.

2. She can't cook and I know the beef will be overdone. 

You ungrateful little bugger 😁 ..  I’ve got my favourite .. chicken kyiv  with buttery mash and samphire  ..  heaven !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Getting home from work and the Mrs telling me she's making a roast dinner.

1. It's 34 degrees here.

2. She can't cook and I know the beef will be overdone. 

What's your beef? 

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2022 at 21:03, RonnieTodger said:

Grown men not washing their hands after using the toilet 

Interesting one that ..  if (say) you’ve just had a shower and gone out ..  and you have a p1ss ..  what exactly are you getting on your hands ..  assuming you don’t p1ss all over them ..  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Interesting one that ..  if (say) you’ve just had a shower and gone out ..  and you have a p1ss ..  what exactly are you getting on your hands ..  assuming you don’t p1ss all over them ..  

Agree with this. Saw Frank Skinner talking about it. He basically said "I'm touching my own cock, I know it's clean" lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Twitter

People moaning about something*  and on the next level up people moaning about the people moaning about something. 

*The City and the weather seemingly this weekend’s most popular subjects. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Livid said:

Twitter

People moaning about something*  and on the next level up people moaning about the people moaning about something. 

*The City and the weather seemingly this weekend’s most popular subjects. 

And now you are moaning about the people moaning about the moaners :D

• Haha 1