Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who eat in your car without asking. Such bad manners. I have a friend who does this when I give him lifts. He will start eating a packet of crisps or sometimes something he had made himself for dinner and it would stink out the whole car. What's even worse is that he'll often leave his rubbish behind. Really pisses me off. 

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

People who eat in your car without asking. Such bad manners. I have a friend who does this when I give him lifts. He will start eating a packet of crisps or sometimes something he had made himself for dinner and it would stink out the whole car. What's even worse is that he'll often leave his rubbish behind. Really pisses me off. 

You know what you've got to do, don't you? ;)

You've got to......

Edit: To clarify, I'm not suggesting you just tell him that you're always going to love him, as suggested by Hello....

Perhaps: "Look, mate, I'm always going to love you.....but if you keep treating my car as a bin and stinking the place out, I'm pushing you out the passenger door while we're doing 95mph down the M1"  :thumbup:

Edited by Alf Bentley

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Imagine what his house looks like inside in places.

On 21/07/2022 at 10:31, BenTheFox said:

I often think about a gentleman who worked for me as a sales manager. I say gentleman because that describes him perfectly. A man from South Carolina with the manners of the Old South.

We were traveling in his new company car in the low country and he suggested we stop for lunch. I really didn't have time to stop as I had a plane to catch later and I suggested that we grab something at a drive through and keep traveling. He protested but I insisted that we didn't need to stop. He dutifully agreed and we stopped at a drive thru. I had a diet coke with my meal which, by accident, I dropped on the carpet of his new car.

To say that he bit his tongue is an understatement but I have regretted that ever since. It wasn't his car but he was a proud custodian of it and I let him down.

On 21/07/2022 at 16:48, Alf Bentley said:

You know what you've got to do, don't you? ;)

You've got to......

Perhaps: "Look, mate, I'm always going to love you.....but if you keep treating my car as a bin and stinking the place out, I'm pushing you out the passenger door while we're doing 95mph down the M1"  :thumbup:

That's a dreadful thought - 95mph is breaking the law... :whistle:

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

What the fresh hell is that?

lol

The band who put the "hell" in Hello? I quite like it - so bad, it's good.

Not particularly fresh, though. Their version was first a hit in the 70s and that was a cover version. This seems to be a mimed rehash a couple of decades later. 

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

lol

The band who put the "hell" in Hello? I quite like it - so bad, it's good.

Not particularly fresh, though. Their version was first a hit in the 70s and that was a cover version. This seems to be a mimed rehash a couple of decades later. 

I thought the last decade had managed to unearth plenty of new levels to Hell that I was previously unaware of - you just opened up an entire new cavern.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

So called fans of clubs that don't learn the history of the club. More generally that say it was before my time.

Our friends in Notingham have the complete opposite problem

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

So called fans of clubs that don't learn the history of the club. More generally that say it was before my time.

are you for real? so if someone doesn't learn the history of a club they support they aren't a proper fan? ive supported LCFC since i was around 12 years old, that almost 30 years (****!) but i cant tell you much about what happened before that time. also, to further add ammo to your claim, i have never seen a game at the KP. so i guess i dont pass your gatekeeping restrictions

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

are you for real? so if someone doesn't learn the history of a club they support they aren't a proper fan? ive supported LCFC since i was around 12 years old, that almost 30 years (****!) but i cant tell you much about what happened before that time. also, to further add ammo to your claim, i have never seen a game at the KP. so i guess i dont pass your gatekeeping restrictions

You I would suggest are missing out a little bit. Ignorance of other clubs also leads to inane chanting like champions of England you'll never sing that to the likes of Burnley or Wolves fans. As for us I can't imagine not wanting to know about Adam Black or Arthur Chandler. This meant when we won the League the reference to our previous best season in 1929 had some sense of history to it.

30 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Why would you not want to know about how your club came to be what it is?

The whole reason behind following sport is because of the stories surrounding them. For example, the FA Cup win wouldn’t have been so special without knowing the years of hurt before it. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The whole reason behind following sport is because of the stories surrounding them. For example, the FA Cup win wouldn’t have been so special without knowing the years of hurt before it. 

I agree with this. It's not as if anyone has to be a walking 'Of Fossils and Foxes', but a basic familiarity with our history is not only enriching but an important part of our identity. I can't comprehend why any genuine supporter of the club wouldn't be interested in knowing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Anyone who doesn't know who Stan Cullis or Billy Wright are, are dead to me....

• Like 2

On 25/07/2022 at 03:57, Smudge said:

I often think about a gentleman who worked for me as a sales manager. I say gentleman because that describes him perfectly. A man from South Carolina with the manners of the Old South.

We were traveling in his new company car in the low country and he suggested we stop for lunch. I really didn't have time to stop as I had a plane to catch later and I suggested that we grab something at a drive through and keep traveling. He protested but I insisted that we didn't need to stop. He dutifully agreed and we stopped at a drive thru. I had a diet coke with my meal which, by accident, I dropped on the carpet of his new car.

To say that he bit his tongue is an understatement but I have regretted that ever since. It wasn't his car but he was a proud custodian of it and I let him down.

You should write for Hollywood mate 

• Haha 1