Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 30/07/2022 at 14:03, Nalis said:

The mens v womens football comments are so stupid from both sides.

The derogatory comments about womens football are on par with the moronic comments like 'they're showing the men a thing or two'.

Why have a cheap dig at one when attempting to talk up the other? Whats wrong with just liking and celebrating both for what they are rather than comparing them all the time?

Very good point.  I mean a bit of friendly rivalry is fine, but this doesn't help anyone.  Now they've won something can we have Mens and Womens Football categories on the BBC etc?

On 30/07/2022 at 07:03, Nalis said:

The mens v womens football comments are so stupid from both sides.

The derogatory comments about womens football are on par with the moronic comments like 'they're showing the men a thing or two'.

Why have a cheap dig at one when attempting to talk up the other? Whats wrong with just liking and celebrating both for what they are rather than comparing them all the time?

In addition to this, I don't understand why just because the women have won, that the men should automatically have expectations raised to win their own tournaments next time around? Totally disregarding the fact that nations like France, Italy, Germany, Spain etc are stronger in the men's game... 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In addition to this, I don't understand why just because the women have won, that the men should automatically have expectations raised to win their own tournaments next time around? Totally disregarding the fact that nations like France, Italy, Germany, Spain etc are stronger in the men's game... 

I guess because people see England’s failure over the years in a large part as a mentality problem, and an English mentality problem at that. The lionesses won through in no small part through mentality - there were times during both the Spain and Germany matches where they were hanging on. But ultimately they not only hung on but wrestled the advantage back in their favour. I guess people want to see the same spirit in the men, as both teams have too often looked overwhelmed by fear at the big moments over past decades.

21 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The way every single bloody thread in the LCFC section, regardless of the topic turns into a 'I hate BR discussion' ... 

It's the new "Pearson vs. Ranieri." Tiresome.

• Like 1

Being asked if I'd like to make a charity donation when I'm about to pay on my card in several shops.

Nothing against charities and I give regularly to ones of my choice but it's the almost guilt tripping into giving to some vague/unknown charity that really bugs me.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Being asked if I'd like to make a charity donation when I'm about to pay on my card in several shops.

Nothing against charities and I give regularly to ones of my choice but it's the almost guilt tripping into giving to some vague/unknown charity that really bugs me.

Essentially so they can say 'we made this amount for charity' when its really the customers coughing up. Also looks good from a CSR/marketing perspective.

23 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Sweet Caroline. Used to be a decent tune to get the crowd going but it’s been totally overused and ruined now to the point where it’s just cringy. 

This +infinity.

I didn't like it before but loathe it now and turn off when it appears.

On a similar theme, really don't like the way Chase the Sun has been ruined by the darts. A great tune reduced to Oi Oi Oi which isn't even part of the song.

The way so many, myself very much included, get too involved with football. Mainly through reading opinion pieces and utter garbage. Decided to mostly ignore the transfer stuff and related negativity today and felt much better for it.

Football being a virtual 24/7 drama hasn't been a positive.

On 01/08/2022 at 23:04, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Best bit about Sweet Caroline is the flourish we as a proud nation have put on it, and by flourish I mean the SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD

Play it at my funeral imo

I think the first audience to do the So Good flourish was at a Neil Diamond concert in Dublin. 

1 hour ago, MustardTiger said:

Isn't that a Boston Red Sox thing originally?

56 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think the first audience to do the So Good flourish was at a Neil Diamond concert in Dublin. 

Sorry you're both wrong it's our glorious nation that did it 

• Haha 1