Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Scum that leave rubbish in our parks and open spaces . Imagine going to a beauty sport and leaving all sorts of litter behind. Chucking stuff out of car windows is also scummy. 

Agreed proper scum behaviour is littering. Why you would do it I don’t know as it affects your own life in terms of creating an eyesore

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Scum that leave rubbish in our parks and open spaces . Imagine going to a beauty sport and leaving all sorts of litter behind. Chucking stuff out of car windows is also scummy. 

Agreed. One of rhe uses of CCTV should be to clamp right down and fine people for this sort of behaviour. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

40 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Agreed proper scum behaviour is littering. Why you would do it I don’t know as it affects your own life in terms of creating an eyesore

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. One of rhe uses of CCTV should be to clamp right down and fine people for this sort of behaviour. 

It's inexplicable, isn't it?  I get as enraged by it as anybody but at the same time if it's going to be sorted I think we need a better handle on why it happens.  Policing of stuff like this isn't practical and there's never going to be the money for it anyway.  Also, doesn't it point to something having gone wrong somewhere if you can only make folk do something that would seem the right thing to do anyway (and is dead easy) by threat of punishment?

55 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

This and the twats that hang a bag of dog shite on a branch of a tree. Only yesterday I was walking in a local park and there was a dogshite bag dumped on the footpath. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's inexplicable, isn't it?  I get as enraged by it as anybody but at the same time if it's going to be sorted I think we need a better handle on why it happens.  Policing of stuff like this isn't practical and there's never going to be the money for it anyway.  Also, doesn't it point to something having gone wrong somewhere if you can only make folk do something that would seem the right thing to do anyway (and is dead easy) by threat of punishment?

I do agree. It is just nuts that people don't have that knowledge or sense of what they are doing is wrong. It is not a case of how much money you have or not. This lack of care of what does not belong directly to them. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

This and the twats that hang a bag of dog shite on a branch of a tree. Only yesterday I was walking in a local park and there was a dogshite bag dumped on the footpath. 

And those that just put them on top of and sometimes on the floor around the bottom of a full bin. Some poor council worker is going to have to come along and pick up a load of bags of dog sh!t by hand before they can empty the bin.

Why not just carry it to the next bin or even just carry it home and put it in your own dustbin?

The medias over coverage of the Commonwealth Games (BBC in particular)

I saw England's Mens Beach Volleyball team getting more coverage than the Ukraine war yesterday. I thought "well I suppose they've won the final if it's breaking" no, it was telling me it was about to start in the semis! 

Didn't know where to put this but the media reaction to Five Live not reading out the classified results at the weekend. Now, I don't understand why, it makes little sense to have a football focused afternoon show and not give out the scores. I'm sure it'll be reversed shortly.

But the media have gone so over the top. Turning into modern day Ron Managers- "James Alexander-Gordon, Sports Report theme tune, sitting round the fire with Gran, marvellous isn't it?" - they seem to believe our history has been tainted in some way. Why do we get so wistful about things in this country when a minor change has affected people briefly?

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Didn't know where to put this but the media reaction to Five Live not reading out the classified results at the weekend. Now, I don't understand why, it makes little sense to have a football focused afternoon show and not give out the scores. I'm sure it'll be reversed shortly.

But the media have gone so over the top. Turning into modern day Ron Managers- "James Alexander-Gordon, Sports Report theme tune, sitting round the fire with Gran, marvellous isn't it?" - they seem to believe our history has been tainted in some way. Why do we get so wistful about things in this country when a minor change has affected people briefly?

Because nostalgia to the point of venerating the past at the expense of the future is apparently pervasive.

Though I will say the UK is hardly the only country to have that particular flaw.

Edited by leicsmac

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Because nostalgia to the point of venerating the past at the expense of the future is apparently pervasive.

Though I will day the UK is hardly the only country to have that particular flaw.

As I said, I don't understand the decision but it didn't warrant football journalists piling on with their cliched columns about how their childhood memories have now been ruined.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

As I said, I don't understand the decision but it didn't warrant football journalists piling on with their cliched columns about how their childhood memories have now been ruined.

It really didn't.

But that rose-tinted nostalgia sells, sadly.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

If the BBC really wants to abandon one of the icons of its football broadcasting heritage i.e. Sports Report, maybe it should also consider abandoning another - Gary Lineker! Sorry mate, but isn't about time you moved on? 

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If the BBC really wants to abandon one of the icons of its football broadcasting heritage i.e. Sports Report, maybe it should also consider abandoning another - Gary Lineker! Sorry mate, but isn't about time you moved on? 

1) They haven't abandoned Sports Report.

2) Why would they want to get rid of the most sought-after sports broadcaster in the country who presents their weekly flagship sports programme?

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

1) They haven't abandoned Sports Report.

2) Why would they want to get rid of the most sought-after sports broadcaster in the country who presents their weekly flagship sports programme?

1) I was, of course, referring to the classified results slot.

2) Because they could easily hire someone half his age for half his salary.

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

1) I was, of course, referring to the classified results slot.

2) Because they could easily hire someone half his age for half his salary.

Plus those that watch motd would watch it whether he was on it or not. He needs dropping, sky will pick him up anyway.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Manini said:

Isn’t Andrew Tate the Manc caricature who spends his life moaning about Man United on the internet?

Thats Andy Tate. 

From what I know Andrew Tate is a former MMA David Icke-eske TikTok troll