Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When people say "call me" or worse still "don't be a stranger". It's akin to saying 'the responsibility for staying in touch is yours because I can't be bothered' An insulting politeness perhaps? I'd rather they said 'see you around' if they want that level of friendship.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Those Instagram or YouTube Shorts videos where something mildly funny happens and there's a man or woman behind the camera laughing as if they smoke 1000 cigarettes a day. I don't know why but it's that fake/weird laughter that drives me up the wall.

Any of those reels/stories/shorts that do that, or use that TikTok robot woman voice, or feature a dog with "chimken"/"henlo"/any of that shit, or start with "Wait til the end", or are that format of someone filming themselves playing 2 roles (or just filming themselves in general) I close immediately. Social media is pretty much a clogged drain at this point, just a massive clump of faeces, pubic hair and flushed Wet Wipes

• Haha 1

Pupils being convinced to read their exam results out on air. It's a huge moment and as we saw yesterday potentially upsetting for them. Should be a private thing.

Also, the boxing people defending going to questionable regimes for their events. Just say they pay the most money and that's what we're in it for.

On 18/08/2022 at 17:31, HighPeakFox said:

It's actually a reasonably logical wrong answer.

On 18/08/2022 at 17:37, Stuntman_Mike said:

Tbf I reckon if you asked a lot of people they'd say that

In fact, I'd imagine the majority would get the capitals of Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and Turkey wrong too because they're not really what you'd expect (based on popularity)

On 18/08/2022 at 17:45, String fellow said:

The answer (Berlin) isn't completely obvious, because Bonn was the capital (of West Germany) before re-unification.

I asked my mrs to name me the capital of Germany…..

Hamburg. 

Worst part, we’ve been to Berlin! 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I asked my husband and he said Stuttgart. I laughed at him. He thought about it for ages, then said ' I was going to say Berlin, but that's in Russia isn't it?' 

:nigel:

Give it a couple of years. :ph34r:

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Parafox said:

When you send an "unsubscribe" response and you continue to get unwanted emails.

Or you get a response saying it could several days/weeks to take effect. Why? It's a frekkin' computer, not some half arsed individual processing a stack of paper requests between fag breaks, lunch and days off.

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Stupid food “innovations”. Usually on Facebook. Probably got Biscoff on it.

Picture of lasagna sandwiched between two garlic bread slices. “We have to try this 😍!!”

Won't hear a bad word against Biscoff!

But yeah some of the other stuff is mental.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I find the burgers where there are donuts instead of the bun particularly horrifying. Although admittedly I haven't tried it.

Honest to god, that is genuinely a great invention. Tip - use 1 glazed doughnut cut in half (2 is overkill), a proper barbecued burger. Wouldn't recommend too much in the way of fillings besides mild cheese/plastic cheese single and ketchup (normally I love raw onions and gherkins in a burger but you have to treat the doughnut burger differently). Surprisingly good

Apparently it was invented by Luther Vandross when he was on tour, it's often referred to as the Luther burger 

On 20/08/2022 at 16:23, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Honest to god, that is genuinely a great invention. Tip - use 1 glazed doughnut cut in half (2 is overkill), a proper barbecued burger. Wouldn't recommend too much in the way of fillings besides mild cheese/plastic cheese single and ketchup (normally I love raw onions and gherkins in a burger but you have to treat the doughnut burger differently). Surprisingly good

Apparently it was invented by Luther Vandross when he was on tour, it's often referred to as the Luther burger 

Thats odd, I would have thought the mantra on a Luther burger fillings wise would be never too much

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 20/08/2022 at 16:23, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The diabetic Luther Vandross who died of a heart attack aged 54?

Makes you think

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Cinema starting times. Its a real first world problem but i'm sick to death of turning up to the Cinema on time and watching 30 minutes of adverts - I'm sure it gets 5 minutes longer each year at the minute, you get past the trailers these days and theres another 5-10 mins of ads.

There needs to be 2 start times - advert/trailer start time and actual film start time. I don't pay nigh on £15 a ticket to waste my time watching adverts for 30 minutes. 

I always turn up 15 minutes late for that reason.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dames said:

Cinema starting times. Its a real first world problem but i'm sick to death of turning up to the Cinema on time and watching 30 minutes of adverts - I'm sure it gets 5 minutes longer each year at the minute, you get past the trailers these days and theres another 5-10 mins of ads.

There needs to be 2 start times - advert/trailer start time and actual film start time. I don't pay nigh on £15 a ticket to waste my time watching adverts for 30 minutes. 

I've had a whine about cinemas on here before. I think my disdain is down to not going much as a kid, or being that interested in watching films.

But it baffles me that we pay to go and see something where we have to share with noisy people who chomp, slurp, get up and down, shuffle, can't leave their phone alone or pretend they're narrating the Director's commentary with a friend. Then there's the fact I can't pause if I need a wee, I'll just have to miss 2-3 minutes of the film.

That's even before the joke-level amount of adverts that you mention.

As said, I'm nowhere near as into films as many people so I'm more than happy to wait and download a 4k version from various websites when it's released.

Edited by Footballwipe

People that post video clips of altercations that they themselves have started. They seem to go out their way to cause trouble/be a nuisance just so that the Police, security, traffic warden whoever turn up & they can then record the confrontation & show the world how wronged they have been.
Main 1 recording a facility that maybe they shouldn't, they start off on the property to get the reaction then move onto public property & continue to record but then only show from this point onwards when confrontation starts & they quote a little bit of law to try & make out they know what they are talking about, for instance they ask for a Police (persons) name but then won't give theirs saying your a public servant you have to tell me yours but i don't have to tell you mine.

Nobheads the lot of them

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I know others have moaned about it before, and this is nothing personal, but the moderation on this website/lack of communication can leave a bit to be desired. 

I don't envy the position the mods are in given the volume of posts and accounts on here to watch over, and fair play, the people who run this site have given us as LCFC fans a fantastic platform to communicate, but some of the bans I've been hit with lately are very weird. 

Whenever I get into a debate about Rodgers in the last week or 2, I get a ban. I didn't know it was part of the rules that your opinion on the managers position can't be different to the majority (although, FWIW I am starting to feel this is the end of his time here). It's extremely annoying when I never try to get personal or speak out of tone (apologies to anyone that may have felt that I have in the past), but then you've got others who repeatedly post some pretty nasty shit (I actually don't care if they do, we can all take banter - just merely highlighting those posts as a bit of "why are they up, but mine aren't?") that doesn't get deleted or banned. Basically, I try to just keep it to the football, so what if my opinion is different to others? There are times/subjects where my opinion is in line with the majority etc. 

I had a post removed yesterday after I was told some info similar to what another poster had posted - my post and all replies got removed and again, I got a ban and this time a "warning point" for "spamming". How is 1 post spamming? No explanation - just seems a bit silly how 1 poster is fine to share a rumour that they've been told, but another isn't. 

My posts have also been limited to 10 a day. Fair enough, doesn't really bother me - but does mean I can't really engage in debates with anyone anymore which is something I enjoy on this website, which is a shame really. Would have been nice to have known the reasoning behind this. 

It's just a bit annoying really because my intention is never to rub anyone up the wrong way, and if one of the moderators feels I've done or have been doing something wrong it'd be nice to have that communicated so I can try to avoid whatever it is in the future, instead of blindly walking into bans and restrictions. Like I said, the people who run this site do a fantastic job overall and I love using FoxesTalk, but that is my only criticism of the site. 

Please don't ban me for this mods, it's just feedback and me not wanting to receive more bans in the future (basically, anything I can do differently?), not having a go. 

Have you tried to contact one of the moderators about your concerns?

Can understand your frustrations, but as long as you don't feel individually targeted on the matter.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I know others have moaned about it before, and this is nothing personal, but the moderation on this website/lack of communication can leave a bit to be desired. 

I don't envy the position the mods are in given the volume of posts and accounts on here to watch over, and fair play, the people who run this site have given us as LCFC fans a fantastic platform to communicate, but some of the bans I've been hit with lately are very weird. 

Whenever I get into a debate about Rodgers in the last week or 2, I get a ban. I didn't know it was part of the rules that your opinion on the managers position can't be different to the majority (although, FWIW I am starting to feel this is the end of his time here). It's extremely annoying when I never try to get personal or speak out of tone (apologies to anyone that may have felt that I have in the past), but then you've got others who repeatedly post some pretty nasty shit (I actually don't care if they do, we can all take banter - just merely highlighting those posts as a bit of "why are they up, but mine aren't?") that doesn't get deleted or banned. Basically, I try to just keep it to the football, so what if my opinion is different to others? There are times/subjects where my opinion is in line with the majority etc. 

I had a post removed yesterday after I was told some info similar to what another poster had posted - my post and all replies got removed and again, I got a ban and this time a "warning point" for "spamming". How is 1 post spamming? No explanation - just seems a bit silly how 1 poster is fine to share a rumour that they've been told, but another isn't. 

My posts have also been limited to 10 a day. Fair enough, doesn't really bother me - but does mean I can't really engage in debates with anyone anymore which is something I enjoy on this website, which is a shame really. Would have been nice to have known the reasoning behind this. 

It's just a bit annoying really because my intention is never to rub anyone up the wrong way, and if one of the moderators feels I've done or have been doing something wrong it'd be nice to have that communicated so I can try to avoid whatever it is in the future, instead of blindly walking into bans and restrictions. Like I said, the people who run this site do a fantastic job overall and I love using FoxesTalk, but that is my only criticism of the site. 

Please don't ban me for this mods, it's just feedback and me not wanting to receive more bans in the future (basically, anything I can do differently?), not having a go. 

Ditto. I've literally just finished a week's ban just for suggesting that pricing Fofana out of his move when he's made it clear he wants to go was a risky move. I got told to shut up by another poster, which I reacted to with a laughing smile. Apparently that post and reaction is worthy of a ban. 

So after years of this being my second football forum, I won't be posting on here any more unless someone has something specific to ask about.