Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I have several times, but no response. 

I think it's probably just best for me to avoid posting in the Rodgers thread(s) whilst all the drama is going on at the minute, 

Bizarre isn't it. That is after all the point and rationale of a forum - so long as you are respectful, which you are. 

Pigeons. Been nesting under our solar panels for months. Their droppings land on our conservatory roof, patio and the path beside the house. It smells and is potentially hazardous to health. I'm having to sweep the patio daily to remove droppings. I've been up the ladders (I don't like heights) to clear the gutters of their shite and to try to reduce their impact. Nothing seems to work in terms of getting rid of these vermin. Has anyone used an ultrasound bird deterrent, because that is what we hope will work? Not cheap (cheep) BTW.

Any useful suggestions appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Pigeons. Been nesting under our solar panels for months. Their droppings land on our conservatory roof, patio and the path beside the house. It smells and is potentially hazardous to health. I'm having to sweep the patio daily to remove droppings. I've been up the ladders (I don't like heights) to clear the gutters of their shite and to try to reduce their impact. Nothing seems to work in terms of getting rid of these vermin. Has anyone used an ultrasound bird deterrent, because that is what we hope will work? Not cheap (cheep) BTW.

https://www.birdtrader.co.uk/uk/birds-of-prey-for-sale/hawks/

They use one of these at work?

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

My mums neighbour had the same problem, they put netting around the solar panels to keep the ****ers out. Doesn't help you getting them out once they're in though, not sure how they managed that.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

My mums neighbour had the same problem, they put netting around the solar panels to keep the ****ers out. Doesn't help you getting them out once they're in though, not sure how they managed that.

Yep I know someone who had netting installed around the gaps to stop them getting in and underneath. 

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The absolute freaks of football twitter. Seeing loads of Chelsea fans posting jokes about Vichai’s death, yet Matthew Harding died the same way. Also their signing Fofana so why joke about that anyway.

Football fans are really strange. In how many other walks of life (maybe dark comedy?) do people revel in the death and tragedy of others?

Such odd behaviour.

TV shows set in a future apocalyptic world where people have reverted to some kind of neo-paganism with cloud cuckoo beliefs, wondering around in bearskins and antler helmets hunting with spears etc.

Jeez, just because a nuclear war (or virus, or whatever) has destroyed civilization as we knew it, doesn't mean we've become ****ing stupid into the bargain.

YouTube videos that make difficult jobs look easy! For example, replacing a siphon on a close coupled toilet. It's an absolutely nightmarish job, because the cistern has to be completely removed from the wall, which involves disconnecting the inlet and overflow pipes. So many things can and do go wrong, but the cheery-chappy plumbers who make these videos gloss over them completely. It took me the whole weekend to do the job, because of all the issues that cropped up! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I took a faulty item back to a shop today.

I had the receipt so no problem, they exchanged.

However, the price of the item had since increased and they insisted I had to pay the extra.

Feck off!

Wtf lol

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I took a faulty item back to a shop today.

I had the receipt so no problem, they exchanged.

However, the price of the item had since increased and they insisted I had to pay the extra.

Feck off!

That's brilliant and stupid all at the same time. What goes through people's minds? lol

Did you get it sorted without paying extra?

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That's brilliant and stupid all at the same time. What goes through people's minds? lol

Did you get it sorted without paying extra?

In the process of sorting it.....I hope.

Because it had gone through and I was speaking with the shop assistant,  who had no power, I'm sorting it with their head office.

It's only for a few quid but it's the principle.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Because it had gone through and I was speaking with the shop assistant,  who had no power, I'm sorting it with their head office.

Only a few quid this time. Next time it's a big purchase and it's few hundred.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

31 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's made me think you should have demanded a refund, but as the price had gone up you want refunding for that amount, see what they say to that lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1