Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Being asked at the end of nearly every TV programme if I've been affected by said programme and offering me a helpline.

I know we need to be aware of mental health etc, but do we really need announcements after every programme?

(It may have been applicable after MOTD for us this season).

If it helps one person once it is worth it. A minor annoyance to you could save someone's life.

It's 2022 and people are still surprised, shocked and annoyed when their bowls of Halloween sweets that they leave outside for kids are just stolen by scroates.

Just seems baffling and frankly naive to me that people think this WON'T happen? Of course it will. Kids have been dickheads for decades, it's not going to stop now. I've read multiple (and I mean multiple) posts of people complaining that all their sweets and bowls were stolen from their doorstep. What the heck were you expecting?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's 2022 and people are still surprised, shocked and annoyed when their bowls of Halloween sweets that they leave outside for kids are just stolen by scroates.

Just seems baffling and frankly naive to me that people think this WON'T happen? Of course it will. Kids have been dickheads for decades, it's not going to stop now. I've read multiple (and I mean multiple) posts of people complaining that all their sweets and bowls were stolen from their doorstep. What the heck were you expecting?

Why can't they just be normal and sit at home with all the lights off pretending they aren't in like me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's 2022 and people are still surprised, shocked and annoyed when their bowls of Halloween sweets that they leave outside for kids

Is that where we're at now? Just boiled down (sweets?) to the transaction? 

Kids: just give us the chocolate

Householder: don't disturb my tele watching, take some and fuk off.

Spirit of Halloween 2022 eh?

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Openreach bloke took a shit in our downstairs loo.

We had some decking and other bits done in the garden a couple of years ago.

Before he started he asked if he could nip to the loo. Half an hour later he came downstairs and advised us to give it a while before going to the bathroom.

Dirty bastard, if we hadn't already been waiting months for the work I'd have told him to get lost.

One of our moving men left an unflushable turd after finishing unloading at the new place, he was in there so long it ticked over into the next hour so the moving company charged us for an extra hour. He also left it in the toilet in the attic conversion which is the spare room. So we didn't even find it for a few days.

We did complain and didn't have to pay the extra hour.

• Haha 1