Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 09/11/2022 at 14:42, Daggers said:

Pants.

Pants when you go to put them on, catch your foot, and fall flat on your face.

Screw you, pants.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

At your age you should probably be sitting down to put your undies on mun. 

Then you get to the age where someone else has to put them on for you.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People who book tables in pubs for pints, I can't articulate why it annoys me but it properly does. 

Don't judge them until they've all taken pictures of that whole TRAY of JAGERBOMBS they ordered to their table though, the CRAZY BASTARDS.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Don't judge them until they've all taken pictures of that whole TRAY of JAGERBOMBS they ordered to their table though, the CRAZY BASTARDS.

Just boring isn't it, nothing more soul destroying than going into a pub and seeing a sea of ****ing reserved signs when you just want a lovely pint

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 16:58, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People who book tables in pubs for pints, I can't articulate why it annoys me but it properly does. 

Oh yes, hate this with a passion.

Ive mentioned before that I hate it when I’m sitting in a pub and one of the staff comes along and plonks a reserved sign on the table, how they can reserve a table that people are already sitting at?😡

56 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Oh yes, hate this with a passion.

Ive mentioned before that I hate it when I’m sitting in a pub and one of the staff comes along and plonks a reserved sign on the table, how they can reserve a table that people are already sitting at?😡

Always happens at the New Inn on the A5 …. we just ignore them and sit where we like ..  nobody has said a word. 

Back in the 80s, one made a mixed tape of music to play in the hospital when the better half gave birth.

Unsurprisingly, we forgot all about this mixtape until it mysteriously appeared after a "clean up". Having no access to antiquated equipment, other than myself, i ordered a wonderful tape player from ebay, that would allow me to save all the songs onto my laptop.

After waiting the appropriate time we received and opened the new player, installed software, put cassette into player, pressed play..... tape snapped!!!

20 mins of attempted surgery has proven that eye hand coordination (and patience level) difference between a 20 year old cassette repairer and a shaky 60 year old cassette destroyer is significant.

Thus, we will probably now never know what was on the tape, although to be fair it was the 80s so that may well not be a loss.

image.thumb.png.e5ca8afc6715210f7084dccb569074a0.png

It doesn't necessarily grind my gears, and don't want to come across as random in mentioning this, but do find it slightly annoying that a hotel charges you after using the tea and coffee provided in a bedroom.

I understand about minibar charges, but just feel that tea and coffee should be complimentary/free if it's offered in the room.

Edited by Wymsey

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It doesn't necessarily grind my gears, and don't want to come across as random in mentioning this, but do find it slightly annoying that a hotel charges you after using the tea and coffee provided in a bedroom.

I understand about minibar charges, but just feel that tea and coffee should be complimentary/free if it's offered in the room.

outrageous... tea and coffee is free surely

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Think you need to stay at better hotels, Wymsey!

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I still have stacks of old cassette mix tapes I made in the 90s. I don't have the heart to chuck them. 

Found a couple of those briefcase things full in the loft when moving. Loads of tapes from the days of taping the top 40 on a Sunday. Never going to listen to them. Are they now in the new loft, oh yes :D

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Back in the 80s, one made a mixed tape of music to play in the hospital when the better half gave birth.

Unsurprisingly, we forgot all about this mixtape until it mysteriously appeared after a "clean up". Having no access to antiquated equipment, other than myself, i ordered a wonderful tape player from ebay, that would allow me to save all the songs onto my laptop.

After waiting the appropriate time we received and opened the new player, installed software, put cassette into player, pressed play..... tape snapped!!!

20 mins of attempted surgery has proven that eye hand coordination (and patience level) difference between a 20 year old cassette repairer and a shaky 60 year old cassette destroyer is significant.

Thus, we will probably now never know what was on the tape, although to be fair it was the 80s so that may well not be a loss.

image.thumb.png.e5ca8afc6715210f7084dccb569074a0.png

Ouch, then again I've an old stack up system, graphic equaliser, multi CD player, record player, radio and.....twin cassette deck with two speakers all stashed in my back bedroom.  

Will have to put it together again one of these days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What hotels do that? I thought tea/coffee was always free.

• Like 1