Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Ouch, then again I've an old stack up system, graphic equaliser, multi CD player, record player, radio and.....twin cassette deck with two speakers all stashed in my back bedroom.  

Will have to put it together again one of these days.

I put together an 80s system last year... but didnt bother with cassette as i got rid of all of them... lol except this one.

I really enjoying putting an LP on, listen to it pop and crackly just a little, but i nowhonestlybeleive it is a better sound... cant describe why, its almost like i can hear the different parts of the track more clearly.

Build it and bang on some 33's youll love it (well except for the fact that you have to get up and turn it over every 20 mins lol )

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Hart's Hotel in Nottingham.

Did you question the charge? Personally, I never use the coffee facilities because everywhere supplies wanky instant coffee and UHT muck - but it looks like their provision is a cafetière. I could be tempted to pay for that. 

12 minutes ago, TK95 said:

"Mates" who always expect you to travel to their neck of the woods yet never reciprocate the effort to come to yours

Other half has family like that, did use to wind me up but now managed to stop our trips so not seeing the miserable f@ckers at all lol

• Haha 2

Bloody Three Lions (Football's Coming Home) being sung on any occasion that isn't a major football tournament being held in England. It's about football itself 'coming home' (and while I know that's a dubious claim at best, the song works so I don't care) - not just about England winning.

THE WHOLE POINT WAS THAT ENGLAND WAS HOSTING THE TOURNAMENT!

I like the song. But this doesn't half annoy me.

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why though? 

I was sat on a train this morning and the person next to me spoke for the whole journey - completely oblivious.

If two people are having a face to face conversation in a public environment like a train carriage, then they are usually (but not always) a little more aware of their surroundings and the social etiquette around chuntering away whilst other people are trying to work/read/whatever.

It was a 40 minute journey and the guy barely paused for breath. 

It was cvntish.

I then got on my connecting train and the twat next to me did exactly the same.  On the way home there were a number of people doing it. 

Anyone phones me I'll tell them I'm on the train and will call them later. 

30 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

@StanSPhas basically just admitted he's one of those guys who walks around having conversations in his airpods lol

Sort yourself out, Stan :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Milo said:

I was sat on a train this morning and the person next to me spoke for the whole journey - completely oblivious.

If two people are having a face to face conversation in a public environment like a train carriage, then they are usually (but not always) a little more aware of their surroundings and the social etiquette around chuntering away whilst other people are trying to work/read/whatever.

It was cvntish.

I then got on my connecting train and the twat next to me did exactly the same.  On the way home there were a number of people doing it. 

If they're being rude by being loud and discourteous, then yeah fair enough. 

But they're just having a phone conversation in a different way. At least you only hear one voice and not the others on the phone lol

31 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

@StanSPhas basically just admitted he's one of those guys who walks around having conversations in his airpods lol

Sort yourself out, Stan :thumbup:

Wish I could afford airpods lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Milo said:

It was cvntish.

Totally on your side on this one. These sorts are rude end of