Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If they're being rude by being loud and discourteous, then yeah fair enough. 

But that’s the whole point. It’s always discourteous. 

Don’t sit/stand 6 inches from someone and subject them to an entirely unnecessary one sided monologue of banality. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Milo said:

But that’s the whole point. It’s always discourteous. 

Don’t sit/stand 6 inches from someone and subject them to an entirely unnecessary one sided monologue of banality. 

I had to get on the bus last week (don't ask, I showered thoroughly afterwards).

Some lad was having a conversation and it was so cringeworthy.

He must have said "bro" over 100 times. And that's not an exaggeration. 

Why do youngsters talk like that nowadays?

It's not even an accent. It doesn't exist.

You all know the voice I'm talking about!

Embarrassing. 

31 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s definitely rude to talk on the phone with AirPods. The amount of times I’ve been caught out replying to random peoples comments is not good.

Why are you replying to random comments lol

Are you saying then you speak to people in the middle of a conversation they might be having? 

By the way, I know it seems like I'm coming across obtuse and difficult - I'm not meaning to be. I don't have airpods and rarely wear earphones these days as it is. I just don't see the issue as massive bugbear. It's just someone on the phone in a modern method. Unless it's a very personal or private conversation, I wouldn't be saying to the person I'm talking to 'I'm on the train/bus, call me later). I'd try to be quiet as possible and not rudely loud though. 

Using hands free for a phone call is no more or less annoying than talking on the phone normally. It just makes you look like a crazy person talking to yourself.

Inconsiderate people making phone calls are annoying, it's not the method of the phone call it's the complete lack of awareness from the person. I'll walk down the street having a conversation on hands free, I might be pushing the pushchair or carrying shipping. I don't tend to do that on public transport or when in a queue at the pharmacy. 

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are you saying then you speak to people in the middle of a conversation they might be having? 

By the way, I know it seems like I'm coming across obtuse and difficult - I'm not meaning to be. I don't have airpods and rarely wear earphones these days as it is. I just don't see the issue as massive bugbear. It's just someone on the phone in a modern method. Unless it's a very personal or private conversation, I wouldn't be saying to the person I'm talking to 'I'm on the train/bus, call me later). I'd try to be quiet as possible and not rudely loud though. 

That is the issue . Some peope lack awareness and speak loudly on train etc. They end up dominating the space they are sharing. It is not a private space. People in person tend to talk less loudly although there are some that over do that too.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I thought the whole point of contributing to an online forum was to reply to random comments? Yeah if someone is looking me in the eye I will respond. 

Edited by Unabomber

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

It’s definitely rude to talk on the phone with AirPods. The amount of times I’ve been caught out replying to random peoples comments is not good.

worse are the people that do a live video call I was in the post office the other day and the guy in front started bopping round while on this video call talking like hes the only guy in the shop 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

People saying things like the below. Completely missing the point that folk are annoyed as they changed the rules 2 days before the World Cup kicks off.

FFF279E2-3FCE-4303-906B-2952D5A66578.jpeg

The issue for me is that they're constantly moving the goalposts to suit themselves.

They know FIFA can't move the tournament at this late stage, but I wish they'd shown some bollocks and said they'd call it off then.

Logistically, that can't be an option, because of fans, hotel bookings, tickets, teams, players accommodation and training.

But a country like us, Germany or France, could probably host a tournament with a months notice.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I agree with the tweet. But then again I've never been a big drinker or really care about drinking. For some people it's a habit and almost a religion to drink when you go to the football. 

It's not about being able to watch football without drinking. It's just another example of how we were sold a lie. Qatar pledged to make it welcoming and accessible to fans worldwide. That includes making alcohol available to world cup fans in what is a dry state. 

As it stands you can only drink in the fan zones, the concrete, shade free fan zones, and pay £12 a pint for the privilege and I suspect that privilege won't last the tournament. Changing the rules at the last minute just shows their intent, I have no idea why they even went to the bother of bribing the officials to get the world cup if they clearly don't want genuine football fans.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That stupid fake Vardy quote about never leaving Leicester still does the rounds occasionally.

Yep, they did Schmeichel’s one about England plus all the bollocks about Ronaldinho saying he’d play for Chapecoense.

Problem is it spreads if people like the sound of it. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep, they did Schmeichel’s one about England plus all the bollocks about Ronaldinho saying he’d play for Chapecoense.

Problem is it spreads if people like the sound of it. 

Another one doing the rounds again is 5 or 6 football legends like Iniesta, Zidane, Messi and Ronaldinho going on about how Paul Scholes was actually the best ever footballer, not them. 

I think Iniesta or Xavi said something once about him being a great passer but I swear all the other quotes have been made up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Shit pages like FootyAccumulators or AwayDays wilfully spreading fake news. 

So don't look at them, block them from your newsfeed and ignore their social media accounts. I am aware of these sites but I don't ever look at them.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

So don't look at them, block them from your newsfeed and ignore their social media accounts. I am aware of these sites but I don't ever look at them.

I don’t follow either of them, but that’s my point. It fills other people’s heads with nonsense and then somehow finds its way into the mainstream because of the gullible.