Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The neighbour's builder parked his van across my drive for most of the afternoon. Empty space outside the neighbour's house.

Due to the heavy rain and watching England, I let him off. I'll be out tomorrow if the inconsiderate @#@1 does it again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The neighbour's builder parked his van across my drive for most of the afternoon. Empty space outside the neighbour's house.

Due to the heavy rain and watching England, I let him off. I'll be out tomorrow if the inconsiderate @#@1 does it again.

This has happened to me too. I try to not let it bother me but confess to annoyance

20 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Microwaves that still beep even though you've opened the door. Give me a break ffs, I'm trying my best...

Mine does that. 5 beeps on completion, even if you open the door. You have to press a button to shut it up. It is a fairly old one though. 

48 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Microwaves that still beep even though you've opened the door. Give me a break ffs, I'm trying my best...

I'd kill for that.

In my house, people open the microwave with 10 seconds left, then leave the door open.

Drives me fvcking nuts. I keep threatening to chuck it unless they shut the door.

One day I will.

Just now, tom27111 said:

I'd kill for that.

In my house, people open the microwave with 10 seconds left, then leave the door open.

Drives me fvcking nuts. I keep threatening to chuck it unless they shut the door.

One day I will.

Good god, leaving the door open with the little light on would drive me into a rage within hours. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Good god, leaving the door open with the little light on would drive me into a rage within hours. 

Seriously, mate...I can be having the most incredible day, then I spot that.

Changes my mood instantly, absolutely infuriating.

Then everyone looks at me like I'm the weird one.

Things like that make me realise why it's always the step-father in murders lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

When you're filling a box in online, with say your postcode, and as soon as you start typing it highlights red and tells you its invalid.

Give me a chance to finish fvcking typing! Small thing, but drives me insane every time.

Or the box with previous typed entries pops up and covers it up completely. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When you're filling a box in online, with say your postcode, and as soon as you start typing it highlights red and tells you its invalid.

Give me a chance to finish fvcking typing! Small thing, but drives me insane every time.

On the subject of 'invalid' postcodes, I've always typed mine LE3 then a space, followed by the next 3 characters.

One online form kept rejecting it until I entered it without a space.

What is the correct way to enter your postcode - with or without a space? I need to know, we all need to know! It keeps me awake at night.

On 21/11/2022 at 18:15, FoyleFox said:

At my previous house, my next door neighbours family and friends often parked outside ours. They were not obstructing anything and it didn't bother me at all.

Then, on one rare occasion, a visitor to ours parked outside their house. After a few mins, they came out, walking around the car, peering through the windows ect.

When I asked them what the problem was, they came out with some crap about checking it hadn't been abandoned.

Just one example of their cvntish behaviour over the years.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

14 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

On the subject of 'invalid' postcodes, I've always typed mine LE3 then a space, followed by the next 3 characters.

One online form kept rejecting it until I entered it without a space.

What is the correct way to enter your postcode - with or without a space? I need to know, we all need to know! It keeps me awake at night.

Space. 100%

Don't let that shitty website tell you otherwise!

I autofill most of my details and it tells me my email is invalid because I skip the deets and it has a space at the end lol:mad:

11 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Space. 100%

Don't let that shitty website tell you otherwise!

This. Without a space is just plain wrong.

• Like 1

People bumping transfer threads that have been dormant for a month to get in their own shit pun based on the players name. 

"Any news on this?" bumps as well - this forum is full of people who seemingly monitor every single news source, if there's news, it'll get posted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

At my previous house, my next door neighbours family and friends often parked outside ours. They were not obstructing anything and it didn't bother me at all.

Then, on one rare occasion, a visitor to ours parked outside their house. After a few mins, they came out, walking around the car, peering through the windows ect.

When I asked them what the problem was, they came out with some crap about checking it hadn't been abandoned.

Just one example of their cvntish behaviour over the years.

The van was parked across the drive, which is obstructing us entering or exciting in our car. And the ignorant git has done it again today. I've been out to have a word. Bloke seemed utterly oblivious that it was a problem, he should be aware now!