Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm sick of reading about the Japanese fans and players leaving things tidy after games.

Once was enough. To hear about it after every game as if it's an astonishing new thing makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Please make it stop, or can people on social media at least stop liking/commenting so the accounts/news outlets get bored of it and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm sick of reading about the Japanese fans and players leaving things tidy after games.

Once was enough. To hear about it after every game as if it's an astonishing new thing makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Please make it stop, or can people on social media at least stop liking/commenting so the accounts/news outlets get bored of it and move on.

Did you hear about Japan fans and players tidying up after themselves? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Understand your point. Mind, when you see the amount of crap left behind by people in our country be it in urban or rural areas I wish we had a similar ethic 

11 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Understand your point. Mind, when you see the amount of crap left behind by people in our country be it in urban or rural areas I wish we had a similar ethic 

I was in Germany a few years ago and when visiting a park, noticed several lads around a bench with cans and food wrappers on the grass around them.

Just as I thought it's like being back home, they picked all the items up and took it all away with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I was in Germany a few years ago and when visiting a park, noticed several lads around a bench with cans and food wrappers on the grass around them.

Just as I thought it's like being back home, they picked all the items up and took it all away with them.

I do make a point of our lads picking all their litter up from the touch line at Sunday footy, but opposition teams rarely do the same. Reccies and parks are often left like absolute shit tips in this country after organised sports. It’s disgusting when you think about it really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Its any overplayed media story really isnt it? Like how not a lot of people knew Queen had a sense of humour despite everyone being told every 5 minutes.

This is the one at this world cup whereas most of us knew about the Japan tidy up at countless world cups beforehand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I do make a point of our lads picking all their litter up from the touch line at Sunday footy, but opposition teams rarely do the same. Reccies and parks are often left like absolute shit tips in this country after organised sports. It’s disgusting when you think about it really. 

It is depressing. You can bet these people care very much about what belongs to them be it property or smaller items but don't give a damn about public spaces regarding their litter. 

• Like 1

On 01/12/2022 at 20:07, Unabomber said:

People sharing their Spotify year in music. Screams please validate my music taste.

Wouldn't dream of sharing my list, mainly cos I share an account with my son and because of this I've never heard of the top 5 songs I've apparently listened to this year.

I do listen to podcasts though and I'm not sure whether to be happy or ashamed that I've spent over 36,000 minutes listening to them this year. 

Edited by Rain King

35 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Wouldn't dream of sharing my list, mainly cos I share an account with my son and because if this I've never heard of the top 5 songs I've apparently listened to this year.

I do listen to podcasts though and I'm not sure whether to be happy or ashamed that I've spent over 36,000 minutes listening to them this year. 

I supposedly listened to more music than 84.1% of Spotify users, and I often think I don't listen to music nearly often enough.

My most played song was by Ivor Cutler and I think that probably sums me up pretty well

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 13:24, Footballwipe said:

Obviously this thread is for expressing our frustrations petty or otherwise, but seriously in a World Cup beset by issues with racism, homophobia, death, corruption, ticketing issues, travel issues, beer issues, protests and more. To have one positive non footballing story to come out of this world cup. You can forgive people for making a big deal out of it 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I supposedly listened to more music than 84.1% of Spotify users, and I often think I don't listen to music nearly often enough.

My most played song was by Ivor Cutler and I think that probably sums me up pretty well

I've just looked at mine.

God I've got good taste lol

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Please expand. I need good taste in music. I think mine is ok, but I need more to explore.

What sort of stuff are you in to?

I've got a fairly wide range to be honest, influenced by what my parents listed to and my older brother too.

Edited by tom27111

Exactly the kind of shit that gets reposted on LinkedIn.

I couldn’t agree more. I think Mrs O might have started secretly surfing Japanese dating sites in search of a new husband off the back of these stories. She always was a lazy fvcker

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

The fact that Senegal didn't take the knee when all our players did... 

The fact that they can wear white face, but black face is a sin punishable by death by media.

I might be corrected but there was definitely some cultural appropriation from Senegal with the trumpet playing in the crowd this evening when England were clearly doing it years ago....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

What all of us?

Yup haha. No of course not. My parents are both baby boomers (just, they were born in the early 60s) and they’re the loveliest people in the world. But generally I’ve noticed a higher cvnt ratio in that age group. And this is purely anecdotal. I work in retail, so deal with the general public daily. Often we’ll hear about how young people are out of control or lazy or blah blah but from my personal experience it’s boomers who are (in general and of course not all) the most likely to be rude, entitled, mean, judgmental, etc. I find “young people” in the main to be extremely pleasant. 

Edited by RumbleFox

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yup haha. No of course not. My parents are both baby boomers (just, they were born in the early 60s) and they’re the loveliest people in the world. But generally I’ve noticed a higher cvnt ratio in that age group. And this is purely anecdotal. I work in retail, so deal with the general public daily. Often we’ll hear about how young people are out of control or lazy or blah blah but from my personal experience it’s boomers who are (in general and of course not all) the most likely to be rude, entitled, mean, judgmental, etc. I find “young people” in the main to be extremely pleasant. 

I agree that rudeness is not acceptable from wherever it comes from. Just to blow my own trumpet for a moment. I had eyetest last week and the optician (a good 25 years younger than me) said it was nice to speak to someone so lovely, cheerful and polite. It seems not all her patients are so friendly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I agree that rudeness is not acceptable from wherever it comes from. Just to blow my own trumpet for a moment. I had eyetest last week and the optician (a good 25 years younger than me) said it was nice to speak to someone so lovely, cheerful and polite. It seems not all her patients are so friendly.

Tbf having worked in retail for a few years now, it’s amazing just how high a % of the general public are awful people. Genuinely eye opening. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1