Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Tbf having worked in retail for a few years now, it’s amazing just how high a % of the general public are awful people. Genuinely eye opening. 

Having done 2 stints in retail and 1 in the leisure industry, although 30 years ago, I wholly concur. I actively try to avoid mingling with the general public where possible. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Having done 2 stints in retail and 1 in the leisure industry, although 30 years ago, I wholly concur. I actively try to avoid mingling with the general public where possible. 

People are stupid.

Was in a store today to swap out the modem that stopped working. Get in there and 1 man is working with 4 other stations empty. Clearly he was the only one workingand the store had just opened. 1 person was ahead of me and another was being served by the employee.

Within minutes 4 or 5 more people show up.

About 2 to 3 minutes later a guy who just showed up starts to moan. Then proceeds to walk to the front and say "is anyone else working" (whilst interrupting the employee and the other customers discussion).   The man calmly says "yes, there was supposed to be but that person called in sick".  Cleary, not his issue if that's the truth.  The customer then says " that's pathetic" and grumbles back to the end of the line. He hadn't even been waiting that long the  t w a t  face.

Within 1 minute I was being served, then the person after me within 2 minutes. 

Yes, it can suck waiting 10 to 20 minutes sometimes but chill out people. It's not like it was a life and death situation.  Further, if you aren't happy then cancel your telephone/internet/tv service over the phone and do one lol.

It's  a monday morning, the malls/shops over here are usually dead at that day/ time so no business would have a full compliment of staff in for the rush of people like me who showed up once the store opened. Bet after that initial rush the place was dead for the morning/day lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

People are stupid.

Was in a store today to swap out the modem that stopped working. Get in there and 1 man is working with 4 other stations empty. Clearly he was the only one workingand the store had just opened. 1 person was ahead of me and another was being served by the employee.

About 2 to 3 minutes later a guy who just showed up starts to moan. Then proceeds to walk to the front and say "is anyone else working" (whilst interrupting the employee and the other customers discussion).   The man calmly says "yes, there was supposed to be but that person called in sick".  Cleary, not his issue if that's the truth.  The customer then says " that's pathetic" and grumbles back to the end of the line. He hadn't even been waiting that long the  t w a t  face.

Yes, it can suck waiting 10 to 20 minutes sometimes but chill out people. It's not like it was a life and death situation.  Further, if you aren't happy then cancel your telephone/internet/tv service over the phone and do one lol.

It's  a monday morning, the malls/shops over here are usually dead at that day/ time so no business would have a full compliment of staff in for the rush of people like me who showed up once the store opened. Bet after that initial rush the place was dead for the morning/day lol.

I get things like this happen daily and yet it still constantly amazes me. I work in an antique/junk shop. Guy came in yesterday to try and sell a bracelet…..

”Do you buy things?”

”Yes we can always have a look”

Hands over bracelet which is clearly modern plastic child’s toy…..

”I think this is antique gold”

Trying to be as polite as possible….

”I’m afraid it’s not something we’d buy, it doesn’t look gold to me, but you could try the jewellers down the road”

Guy grumbles a bit, takes the bracelet back then just stands there staring at me. After he while he starts to leave but loudly under his breath says “you don’t know what you’re fvcking on about”. I can’t help but bite, we have a bit of a to and fro, I tell him he can’t swear at me. Then he says “who owns this place?!”.

I reply “me”. “Erm, well what’s your family name!?”. At this point I say “mate. **** off”. One of the plus points of being the owner is I don’t have to put up with this shit. Then he leaves swearing. And honestly, things like that happen every single day. People are awful. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

People are stupid.

People are weird. I had a flu jab at a pharmacy a few weeks ago. I had an appointment, but they were also doing walk-ins. They were finishing with one person as I sat down, and then a guy came in without an appointment, got booked in and sat down as well  Within about 1 minute, he's fidgeting and going a bit pink, then he makes a big show of standing up and, loudly proclaims 'I'm not queuing!' and storms off. If he'd waited, he'd have been there 4 or 5 minutes tops. The ladies running the vaccination clinic said this happens quite a lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I get things like this happen daily and yet it still constantly amazes me. I work in an antique/junk shop. Guy came in yesterday to try and sell a bracelet…..

”Do you buy things?”

”Yes we can always have a look”

Hands over bracelet which is clearly modern plastic child’s toy…..

”I think this is antique gold”

Trying to be as polite as possible….

”I’m afraid it’s not something we’d buy, it doesn’t look gold to me, but you could try the jewellers down the road”

Guy grumbles a bit, takes the bracelet back then just stands there staring at me. After he while he starts to leave but loudly under his breath says “you don’t know what you’re fvcking on about”. I can’t help but bite, we have a bit of a to and fro, I tell him he can’t swear at me. Then he says “who owns this place?!”.

I reply “me”. “Erm, well what’s your family name!?”. At this point I say “mate. **** off”. One of the plus points of being the owner is I don’t have to put up with this shit. Then he leaves swearing. And honestly, things like that happen every single day. People are awful. 

I was encouraged to run some company's socials for a while - against my better judgement.

Six months of entitled whinging and fake claims for discounts and freebies later, I stopped dealing with the public.

Anyone who does a job that brings them into contact with these morons and doesn't resort to wielding a very large machete has my everlasting respect.

• Like 3

"Elon Musk no longer world's richest man"

BBC NEWS - Reporting an update on who the richest person on earth is

"Your Barclays Player of the Match is..."

ALL BROADCASTERS - Reporting who the best player was from a football field of men 

Basically, what grinds my gears is the way in which certain facets of life are chosen to further particular causes regardless of appropriateness, relevance or effectiveness. Meanwhile other, more relevant facets are left alone almost entirely. Virtue signalling, basically. But you can't say virtue signalling any more because in saying that you immediately sound like Piers Morgan and people stop listening to you.

Marriage, for instance, to me seems intrinsically sexist but few challenge it. Worry about the important things and less about semantics and we might get somewhere.

Edited by Nod.E

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

"Elon Musk no longer world's richest man"

BBC NEWS - Reporting an update on who the richest person on earth is

"Your Barclays Player of the Match is..."

ALL BROADCASTERS - Reporting who the best player was from a football field of men 

Basically, what grinds my gears is the way in which certain facets of life are chosen to further particular causes regardless of appropriateness, relevance or effectiveness. Meanwhile other, more relevant facets are left alone almost entirely. Virtue signalling, basically. But you can't say virtue signalling any more because in saying that you immediately sound like Piers Morgan and people stop listening to you.

Marriage, for instance, to me seems intrinsically sexist but few challenge it. Worry about the important things and less about semantics and we might get somewhere.

TBF the term "Virtue Signalling" is bullshit and in most cases sprobably is accurate in proving the rest of an opinion irrelevant

Intrigued by marriage being sexist... certainly in its origins it was... i dont see why it is now?

19 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Excess emails.

When you receive emails which just contain "thanks" or "regards", you've already put it on your email signature in the first place. Must get about a dozen of these a day.

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Canadian winters.  Doing my head in as i get older. 10 to 15 cm tomorrow with ice rain on top and it's not even winter yet. Fook off!

First world problems :(

Also, I second the "thanks" emails mentioned above. Email in general can do one.

I see this said a few times. Unless you're C suite for a listed company and getting over 10,000 emails a day is it really that much of an inconvenience to receive an email saying thanks when you've done something for someone?