Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Radio adverts, specifically the ads on TalkSPORT - regular listeners I know will identify!

I don't go out of my way to listen to Talk Sport, but from the little I have heard, the advertisements are a welcome relief and are far more credible than the presenters.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Radio adverts, specifically the ads on TalkSPORT - regular listeners I know will identify!

Talking of adverts,  I watched something on that 'Freevee' streaming service last night. Ninety minute film (which was bloody awful, dunno why I stuck with it) with about 7 ad breaks of increasing length. Thing is, only about 4 different ads were shown in total and on some occassions, the same ad would play twice in succession!

For that very reason alone, Cadbury's secret santa can do one.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The current Lotto ones are the absolute pits.

Terrible, scratch cards as gifts - bin.

Pepsi Max is also really annoying after you've heard it 100 times!

And "go left" lol

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Why would anyone listen to TalkSPORT?

From what I've actually heard on it, the shows are uninspired, shouty and repetitive.

Add to that the banal and, yes repetitive ads.

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Why would anyone listen to TalkSPORT?

From what I've actually heard on it, the shows are uninspired, shouty and repetitive.

Add to that the banal and, yes repetitive ads.

Ads are annoying on all commercial radio stations. Some of the are so bloody irritating!

I spend most of the day in my van with the radio on.

To be honest, they're only on every 20 minutes, so less than you'd get on TV.

I'll admit to being a Radio X listener. Yes, I hear Sam Fender (who I quite like) about 15 times a day though.

Better than tuning in to Radio 1 and hearing some of the horrendous 'music' they play.

That's basically a children's radio station isn't it? 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Ads are annoying on all commercial radio stations. Some of the are so bloody irritating!

I'll admit to being a Radio X listener. Yes, I hear Sam Fender (who I quite like) about 15 times a day though.

Better than tuning in to Radio 1 and hearing some of the horrendous 'music' they play.

Haven't listened to R1 for decades. The hairdresser I use has it on and that's enough to keep me away.

The manager in the charity shop has 6 music on and that is truly dreadful.

Commercial music stations are just dire. Rinse and repeat every 4 hours and the "presenters"... the false enthusiasm/interaction is so irritating. 

R2 is what I usually listen to and now that the self-aggrandising Steve Wright has been binned, it makes afternoons much more tolerable.

33 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Not sure if she's still on it but I matched with Issy off Radio X on hinge, bit of a fun and you have to say very interesting fact for everyone's Wednesday night there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure if she's still on it but I matched with Issy off Radio X on hinge, bit of a fun and you have to say very interesting fact for everyone's Wednesday night there

She is gorgeous! She's still on there. Covered the mid morning slot when Moyles was in the jungle and Toby Tarrant did breakfast. 

Polly James is also lovely, she's doing player interviews at the World Darts Championships on Sky.

45 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

She is gorgeous! She's still on there. Covered the mid morning slot when Moyles was in the jungle and Toby Tarrant did breakfast. 

Polly James is also lovely, she's doing player interviews at the World Darts Championships on Sky.

Great eyebrows and great head of hair from memory my brother!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Switched from Radio X to absolute radio a few years back after having workmen in. The no repeat guarantee is a godsend if you have the radio on all day. There is only so much Sam Fender, Catfish and the Bottlemen etc I can listen too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Switched from Radio X to absolute radio a few years back after having workmen in. The no repeat guarantee is a godsend if you have the radio on all day. There is only so much Sam Fender, Catfish and the Bottlemen etc I can listen too.

It has it's positives in between Oasis and Arctic Monkeys, discovered some good new bands and songs.

DMA's, The Lathums, The Snuts, Gang of Youths...

And my favourite band is Biffy Clyro, so always a bit of them on there.

Plus Leicester's finest, Kasabian.

I'm a 90's kid, so love a bit of indie.

Edited by tom27111

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I don't think I've ever heard Radio X. Will have to give it a go. 

I quite like it, but that's my taste in music. 

You'll hear anything back to the Beatles, The Stones, The Who and The Kinks. The Clash, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure, New Order...loads of Britpop and newer indie stuff.

Right up to brand new songs from bands like that.

It does me in the van every day.

Every now and again they'll play something you haven't heard in years and you just think 'what a song that is'.

Like when they played this the other day...

Edited by tom27111