Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I quite like it, but that's my taste in music. 

You'll hear anything back to the Beatles, The Stones, The Who and The Kinks. The Clash, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure, New Order...loads of Britpop and newer indie stuff.

Right up to brand new songs from bands like that.

It does me in the van every day.

Every now and again they'll play something you haven't heard in years and you just think 'what a song that is'.

Like when they played this the other day...

Exactly my music too. I'm a 90s indie kid who played guitar for years. I remember that Yeah Yeah Yeahs song. Absolute banger. 

• Like 1

People who can't control their kids in a pub.

I've finished work for Xmas and want a couple of beers.

What I don't want is your shitty brats, running around, high pitched screaming at the top of their voice.

It's a pub. Not a fvcking playground.

Full of Xmas cheer, me lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

What I don't want is your shitty brats, running around, high pitched screaming at the top of their voice.

Agreed, happened to us at the pub yday. Duck me the pub is not a free crèche where your feral invalids can go wild whilst you drink and smoke. You’re still a parent 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just think, they probably can't control them at home either, so whilst you have to tolerate it for an hour in the pub, that is their lives.

I often lose respect for celebrities/people when I find out they support Man United. For example, there’s a golf bloke I watched on YouTube, loved his videos and coaching tips, found out he supported Man U (also compounded by him being from Sheffield I think), not bothered since, gone right off him. 

It’s without a doubt my problem and I probably need to grow up a bit, but it’s a conscious bias I just can’t snap out of.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manini said:

I often lose respect for celebrities/people when I find out they support Man United. For example, there’s a golf bloke I watched on YouTube, loved his videos and coaching tips, found out he supported Man U (also compounded by him being from Sheffield I think), not bothered since, gone right off him. 

It’s without a doubt my problem and I probably need to grow up a bit, but it’s a conscious bias I just can’t snap out of.

nah, **** em lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/12/2022 at 10:30, Manini said:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t get it unless you are genuinely pressured into it by family. Some of my best times have been supporting us away when we were wank yet won the odd game. It actually means so much. And then those Pearson years, wow just great times.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 18:45, RonnieTodger said:

Toilets with lids that don’t stay up

I had a nightmare on Christmas Day. I always leave the inner lid down as is polite but don’t completely shut the top lid. However on Christmas cos we had loads of people round someone closed both lids. I only found out when I went for a sit down piss in the dark and sat on a close toilet with great gusto. My poor balls! 

• Haha 2

On 26/12/2022 at 19:17, Lionator said:

Fox hunting or people who defend it.

In the grand scheme of things Fox Hunting is a mere distraction from the real animal welfare issue’s. It’s a class issue, I think people would be surprised who actually goes hunting in certain community’s, especially the very rural and subsequently poor ones.
Having been brought up as a vegetarian, my parents always found it quite funny the outrage that people apparently had for hunting, but would be going to the kebab or fried chicken shop on a Friday night. For me the act of hunting a wild animal when it has had a somewhat natural and fulfilling life for a decent period of time, to eating a battery farmer chicken that’s life is the equivalent of 99p are both equivalent abuses of an animal’s life. 
Trail Hunting needs it’s loopholes closing, but at the same it needs to not become a culture war that distracts from the real issues.

• Like 1

Alliance+ Leicester/Santander.

Took me sometime to pay my mortgage off with these clowns, finally getting it redeemed on the 20th Dec and the feckers still took another payment from my account on the 28th.

Going to close my account down and move it to another bank.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Alliance+ Leicester/Santander.

Took me sometime to pay my mortgage off with these clowns, finally getting it redeemed on the 20th Dec and the feckers still took another payment from my account on the 28th.

Going to close my account down and move it to another bank.

Direct debit processing run would've started early due to the Christmas Bank Holidays, so you'd still be included if you redeemed on the 20th.

That's not going to make you feel better but unfortunately, is the reason. Your mortgage account is closed so it'll refund back to you pretty quick. 

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I had a nightmare on Christmas Day. I always leave the inner lid down as is polite but don’t completely shut the top lid. However on Christmas cos we had loads of people round someone closed both lids. I only found out when I went for a sit down piss in the dark and sat on a close toilet with great gusto. My poor balls! 

I have that badge and feel your pain 👍