Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 15/01/2023 at 02:10, TK95 said:

Buying something online then realising you could have applied a discount code/got a better deal :frusty:

Message the company and they might refund the difference, easier for them than you returning and reordering 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Ken Bruce leaving Radio 2 but Zoe Ball isn't :revenge:

I don't really listen to much on weekdays so not overly fussed about Steve Wright and now Ken Bruce leaving and it's very rare I listen to Zoe Ball. If I do listen on a weekday then it'll be Sara Cox, who I do like.

Scott Mills used to annoy me when on Radio 1 so I won't be listening to him. And Jeremy Vine is annoying for different reasons. Such banal chat dressed up as serious debate.

I listen to a fair bit of Radio 2 at weekends though. Claudia Winkleman, Rylan and Elaine Page are all superb for different reasons. 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

"Has he gone yet" in the Rodgers thread. So unfunny and boring.

When rumours start it will be my fault because I'm just going to start replying yes.

I'm glad it got to you in a way, I knew somebody would get upset by it 😂

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

People blowing a vape in your face when walking past you. Rank 

Totally unnecessary. I vape, and I'm not ashamed to admit, I've only got a small one  lol

It only generates a small cloud output, some of them you see about are ridiculously large. And with so, so many things, people aren't considerate.

• Like 2

Having just seen a caricature of Jacinda Ardern (wait for it - she's been drawn with MASSIVE teeth, brilliant!) I'm reminded that I think caricatures are the shittest form of artistic expression there is.

I'm also reminded that I had to 'look after' a caricature artist that friends of ours had inexplicably booked as a fun distraction for guests at their wedding, and he was without a doubt one of the most miserable c***ts I've ever met

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 15/01/2023 at 01:39, oakman said:

This has been bugging me all week. I get on a train at Peterborough station on Monday morning with a reserved seat ticket, busy train, carriage full and someone is already sat in my seat. I say to the person in my seat ‘sorry mate, that’s my seat’, his response was ‘are you taking the piss, it’s a f**king train’ , I conceded that, yes, we’re on a train.but I don’t particularly want to stand for the hour long journey to London, he eventually got out of my seat but I got mutterings and tuts from people in the carriage for making him move. If it had been an 80 year old woman in my seat, yeah, I’ll stand for the journey happily but this was some 20 year old scrote. WTF, I don’t see how I’m the bad guy in this?

axoD1EW_700b.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Someone using the term ‘ reach out’ in the work place.

Please stop it.

I had a project manager that did that, on conference calls (without camera) I would often amuse myself by doing a reach out action.

Current project manager's buzz word is "granular", as in the lowest level of detail, but everything is granular.

• Like 1

Only because I'm feeling grumpy:

The dimwits on Facebook under an article like (and I say like as it's the one I've just read) "Woman causes outrage by not washing PJs after every sleep" who go "WOW STUNNING JOURNALISM" "GET SOME REAL NEWS" and "I'M OUTRAGED AT THE OURTRAGE."

The 4,900 comments like you and your silly friends on FB are the exact reason articles will be published. STOP commenting on them, stop engaging with them. Click and comment on the "REAL" news also being churned out and there might actually be more and more REAL news published. Such a simple solution.

Until then, I do wish people would stop feeding the beast they hate.

• Like 2