Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

From the article:

'Her sister Nicky said the family were unable to maintain contact with her after years of schizophrenia caused her to believe they would harm her.

She said despite the "warning signs" about her deteriorating mental health, "everyone seems to have turned a blind eye".

She added: "Everybody who was in contact with Laura and had a duty to her at some stage simply wiped their hands of her and forgot her.'

Having had a bit of experience with mentally ill people I wouldn't be so quick to judge the family. 

That has been added since I originally read the article. Undoubtedly, there were issues with the professional care standards. But the woman was dead and undiscovered for 3 years. The family can't fully blame others for that.

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

That has been added since I originally read the article. Undoubtedly, there were issues with the professional care standards. But the woman was dead and undiscovered for 3 years. The family can't fully blame others for that.

Yes of course. I don't know what's going through their minds but it's probably fair to assume that if they care at all they would be feeling guilty about not checking up sooner. But I think they are justified to feel angry towards the professional services that didn't take care of her.  

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Not if said family members are toxic and harmful your mental wellbeing. 

Yeh I fundamentally disagree with you and liberal fox which is obvs fine. I cannot square how you can that brutally cut off a close family member with a serious illness, not even get a neighbour to pop in once a month, then have the front to come out and blame others. What is more important in these peoples lives?? Maybe what I believe isn’t realistic in the modern world 

When you pay a little extra for an item because it is supplied and stocked by an Aussie company (even thought they prob get it from china)... and it takes longer to get it than if you had ordered from China.

Item ordered on the 10th Jan.. latest update....

image.png.b33c8e154cc70673e8993a574726ce43.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

When you pay a little extra for an item because it is supplied and stocked by an Aussie company (even thought they prob get it from china)... and it takes longer to get it than if you had ordered from China.

Item ordered on the 10th Jan.. latest update....

image.png.b33c8e154cc70673e8993a574726ce43.png

Dropshipper?

Amateur sleuths. The amount of people thinking they have solved this Nicola Bulley case is remarkable. Who knew we had so many body language experts on Facebook. And who knew the husband could travel at warp speed to commit a crime he physically couldn't have due to him being miles away at work.

If these people were actually as good as they think they are maybe they should join the police and become useful to society.

I get it's an interesting case, and I get people are interested in the outcome and we all have our thoughts, but accusing her family online isn't the right way to share them.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Amateur sleuths. The amount of people thinking they have solved this Nicola Bulley case is remarkable. Who knew we had so many body language experts on Facebook. And who knew the husband could travel at warp speed to commit a crime he physically couldn't have due to him being miles away at work.

If these people were actually as good as they think they are maybe they should join the police and become useful to society.

I get it's an interesting case, and I get people are interested in the outcome and we all have our thoughts, but accusing her family online isn't the right way to share them.

The good thing about the Internet is it gives everyone a voice.

The bad thing about the Internet is *it gives everyone a voice.*

• Like 1