Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 hours ago, Milo said:

Wife playing fridge jenga

Two minutes before I leave the house to go to work, I open the door grab something…

BE74FA9F-CC5B-4CA2-8BAB-99B60E4306B5.thumb.jpeg.eb694f177ff7a1d6cc55ff6f804388ed.jpeg

So this.

And my wife's inability to put things in cupboards correctly. The doors are always slightly ajar because pots or pasta packets are keeping them open. It drives me insane.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I haven’t read the James Bond books and I wasn’t planning to, but editing out racial slurs? Not for me that, I definitely won’t be reading them now!

Tried to order an Indian the other day and no doubt the wokerati will now want me cancelled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

That is you can’t work a mobile phone in public by holding it to your ear and instead insist on having it on speakerphone and holding it in front of your mouth like it’s some sort of oblong microphone and Kay Burley needs to hear your news on Shirley’s new haircut, how judgey you are choosing to be about Kathleen’s obviously fake uggs, which of the teachers at the school are fit and how much of a giggle it will be on Friday night when you get all the girls round for a few bottles of peeeeeeeenoh and that one where Harry styles gets his kit off, think he’s a policeman or something but don’t worry there’s no detective work or nuffin’ - like the world needs to hear it there and then, and you have to have speaker on full volume because as discussed THE PHONE ISN’T BY YOUR EAR, then your phone should be taken from you. Why do you have so much time on your hands ? How many times does your cavapoo need to be walked past the front on my house everyday ? How many Costa coffees are you actually being and I wonder if every single purchase is being accompanied with some sort of #lifestyle #hashtag and who are these people who see drinking decent but not exceptional coffee as aspirational anyway? It’s vapid consumerism gone mad. I can only imagine the rest of the BS these people are putting out in to the world via Twitter etc and I suppose now we know the people who are engaging with social media advertising - like responding to a Diageo account showing a bottle of Malibu with ‘ oh I do love Malibu, remember that night @ashleigh @debbiedontneednoscrubs @pinotpauline @emma_gold_digga @ritaluvsshoes OMG winkyface YOLO (can we have a free bottle).’ Just use your phone properly. Or ideally stop using it at all. 

Parklife.

Seriously, you're right.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

That is you can’t work a mobile phone in public by holding it to your ear and instead insist on having it on speakerphone and holding it in front of your mouth like it’s some sort of oblong microphone and Kay Burley needs to hear your news on Shirley’s new haircut, how judgey you are choosing to be about Kathleen’s obviously fake uggs, which of the teachers at the school are fit and how much of a giggle it will be on Friday night when you get all the girls round for a few bottles of peeeeeeeenoh and that one where Harry styles gets his kit off, think he’s a policeman or something but don’t worry there’s no detective work or nuffin’ - like the world needs to hear it there and then, and you have to have speaker on full volume because as discussed THE PHONE ISN’T BY YOUR EAR, then your phone should be taken from you. Why do you have so much time on your hands ? How many times does your cavapoo need to be walked past the front on my house everyday ? How many Costa coffees are you actually being and I wonder if every single purchase is being accompanied with some sort of #lifestyle #hashtag and who are these people who see drinking decent but not exceptional coffee as aspirational anyway? It’s vapid consumerism gone mad. I can only imagine the rest of the BS these people are putting out in to the world via Twitter etc and I suppose now we know the people who are engaging with social media advertising - like responding to a Diageo account showing a bottle of Malibu with ‘ oh I do love Malibu, remember that night @ashleigh @debbiedontneednoscrubs @pinotpauline @emma_gold_digga @ritaluvsshoes OMG winkyface YOLO (can we have a free bottle).’ Just use your phone properly. Or ideally stop using it at all. 

Yep. People are awful. 

My biggest bugbear with other people not knowing how to use mobile phones, is when they still have the clicking on for when they type anything. It's the worst thing manufacturers of phones ever included. Why does the person who is pressing the buttons need a confirmation of every button press, via a loud noise that everyone else can hear?!! 

• Like 1

Two parcels from Yodel delivered to the local news shop for collection today. 

One a pair of DM Boots around £60 (supposed to be delivered to home texted the yodel driver got her to drop them at the shop) the second a £5 shirt off Vinted always being sent to the shop. 

Went in after work, showed my driving licence, emails with tracking number etc. 

‘Have you got a barcode ?’

’No they haven’t sent me one’

Went onto explain about the DM’s….

’Oh I remember these coming in..’

Hands them over..

’Going to need a barcode for the second package though’

’I haven’t got one’

’Sorry definitely going to need one’ 

WTF!! 

Have come home and got a release code off Yodel, will go back tomorrow. 

I wasn’t livid just a bit hacked off. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Shit taxi companies. Ordered a taxi 24 hrs in advance and it’s still 15 mins late. How hard can it be?

Reminded me of a late taxi that I was assured was 'just around the corner from you, be with you in a minute'

That was over 10 years ago, never did arrive.

Thinking about it, I hope the driver was ok, perhaps I should have reported him missing to the police?

• Haha 3

Anyone who starts using a vape who has never smoked before. Vapes are designed to get people off cigarettes but they seem to be some kind of fashion accessory?? 

Why would you start using a vape - can’t get my head round it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The amount of new threads popping up in the LCFC section, that all basically say the same thing and end up being a BR bashing session. 

This forum after a loss is not the place to be if you want cheering up, thats for sure.

And before anyone starts, i am not a BF apologist, just fed up with reading the same shit in every sodding post. :(

I said a few months ago that the LCFC section of this forum is as toxic as botulinum. If anything, it's more so now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The amount of new threads popping up in the LCFC section, that all basically say the same thing and end up being a BR bashing session. 

This forum after a loss is not the place to be if you want cheering up, thats for sure.

And before anyone starts, i am not a BF apologist, just fed up with reading the same shit in every sodding post. :(

I've just stopped looking.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

And before anyone starts, i am not a BR apologist, just fed up with reading the same shit in every sodding post. :(

It’s football! If you want cheering up you shouldn’t be reading an lcfc football forum given how bad lcfc are playing 

The repetition is very funny, I can see it already at Saturday 5pm. ‘Ground was dead today a morgue tried to get it going got dodgy looks no one cares clubs a shambles Coalville mate clubs gone mate shambles no atmosphere clubs gone mate’ 

• Sad 1