Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

People using their phones when driving is bad enough, but people who do it when they drive for a living. I just can't get my head around it. 

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Especially Lorry drivers.

I recall a number of years ago during a blue-light refresher course, a traffic cop (collision investigator) giving a presentation around motorway incidents.

He showed a still pic of a truck that had shunted into the rear of another. It was fatal. The pic showed the driver who was killed, trapped in his cab. He still had his phone in one hand and an unlit cigarette in the other. He'd been steering with his arms, not his hands, looking at his phone rather than the road ahead..

Two bands of people are certain bankers and landlords who claim they are only in it to help people and provide the public with homes to live in. I've come across some that are genuinely deluded in this.

Mate, I'd have a lot more respect for you if you were at least honest about it and say you are doing it 100% for the money without the bullshit.

• Like 3

On 14/03/2023 at 19:21, Tommy G said:

Small talk before interviewing someone. 

On 17/03/2023 at 20:26, The Blur said:

Fair enough but I reckon it could be useful to get the interviewees to relax in order to bring out the best from themselves.   Then again, I never have been the interviewer and can imagine it is equally useful to see how people perform under the pressure.

If an interviewer blanked me prior to asking his/her tedious questions, I wouldn’t feel under pressure, I’d just think he/she was a ****.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

If an interviewer blanked me prior to asking his/her tedious questions, I wouldn’t feel under pressure, I’d just think he/she was a ****.

There is a difference between blanking and disliking small talk 

On 18/03/2023 at 09:14, Stuntman_Mike said:

People using their phones when driving is bad enough, but people who do it when they drive for a living. I just can't get my head around it. 

On 18/03/2023 at 09:30, UniFox21 said:

Especially Lorry drivers.

To be fair I understand the temptation for a long distance lorry driver to check their phones much more than a commuter or taxi driver. Not saying it is in any way excusable, but the boredom of just trundling up and down the motorway at 65mph for hours. It would drive me crazy. 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

To be fair I understand the temptation for a long distance lorry driver to check their phones much more than a commuter or taxi driver. Not saying it is in any way excusable, but the boredom of just trundling up and down the motorway at 65mph for hours. It would drive me crazy. 

A temptation to never give into

Misinformation around food. Sweeteners somehow being just as bad or worse than sugar, not being able to eat after 7pm, soy turning people into women, eating nothing but meat being a good idea to name a few.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

The inability to have a balanced discussion on LCFC in the ‘Leicester City Forum’ without it just becoming a Rodgers hate fest, regurgitating the same POV. It’s quite tedious. 

It’s pointless to try.

I scoot in their every few days just to try and rile some of them up 

• Like 2

Very few understanding merge in turn on the roads. Winds me up when other drivers put themselves and others in dangerous situations just to be one car ahead! Either by trying to force the situation by going ahead, or when a car is in front of you, stopping that person from merging in. 

Edited by fox_favourite

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Very few understanding merge in turn on the roads. Winds me up when other drivers put themselves and others in dangerous situations just to be one car ahead! Either by trying to force the situation by going ahead, or when a car is in front of you, stopping that person from merging in. 

I general find 99% of drivers merge safely and in turn I can only think of 1 incident in the last couple of years where I was ahead ready to merge and the car behind that should have just eased off slightly shot forwards to block me merging and causing me to brake. 

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Seeing this.

image.thumb.png.78ec03583ae2eae8e863015124c1bf13.png

Then when you click the link.

image.thumb.png.694e7a7fc04133c623dc2212a48e1595.png

**** my life.

That's the way it goes sometimes, am afraid.

What are you looking at doing hopefully?

Fingers crossed you get something suitable soon.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Do I even need to add a comment as to why he's a ****? 

This came up on my LinkedIn this morning. I sat and read it and the only thoughts that kept coming in to my head was that either a) he's on some sort of drugs that have given him a god complex and made him genuinely believe he's some sort of genius or b) he is morphing into Alan Partridge.

14 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

This came up on my LinkedIn this morning. I sat and read it and the only thoughts that kept coming in to my head was that either a) he's on some sort of drugs that have given him a god complex and made him genuinely believe he's some sort of genius or b) he is morphing into Alan Partridge.

If either of these is true then it does sadly appear to be an endemic issue among a fair number of the population.