Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 24/03/2023 at 11:51, UniFox21 said:

Do I even need to add a comment as to why he's a ****? 

He's an interesting one, I cant work out if my dislike for the guy is justified or not.

On one hand he's trying to do his best in life. He's clearly not a natural at being what he wants to be so I cant fault him for trying. 

On the other, he seems like the type that would trample over anyone to get far, like the try hard kid at school that will doing anything to get in with the cool kids even though that's not his natural position. The terminology he's associated with himself stinks of arrogance like his 'world class' basics and his 'high performance' podcast. His attempts as being humble over the years come across completely disingenuous too. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

People who get simple information wrong in their 'out of office' automated replies. 

See it far too often people getting the dates wrong for their return, or even incorrect contact details in their absence 

:wes:

I am currently away from FoxesTalk until Thursday 27th of March. Messages will be forwarded to Thracian.

• Haha 3

When you share an office with someone who is always reading their work aloud, talking to themselves, sighing or has really bad working habits in terms of organisation and how they work things out etc. 

Does my head in, try my best to block it out but it's so hard lol 

Nothing personal either, I like the person. Just not how they choose to work. Made hints before to them but it doesn't seem to have helped. 

Edited by Pete52

17 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Those on the beach adverts, just awful. 

Aargh.

1. They’ve ruined a (IMO) perfectly serviceable Christmas song.

2. They clearly haven’t taken enough video to provide any variety to what they’re doing.

3. At no point does that little snot get his ice cream shoved into his face.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

People who get simple information wrong in their 'out of office' automated replies. 

See it far too often people getting the dates wrong for their return, or even incorrect contact details in their absence 

:wes:

Mate, you're lucky you're getting out of offices at all. In my industry I would say 99% of people just don't bother.  It's selfish, unprofessional and it leads to multiple logistical problems and errors - it gets right on my nerves.  

Talk about emailing into the bloody void.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they seem to have registered with you which i believe is the point.  the fact you dislike them is irrelevant. 

The only thing they make me want to do is never book lounge access ever again at the risk of having some annoying families ruining my child free experience.

Currently for me those little links into shows like family guy & such like that have 2 people on the phone & 1 says "just brought my dad a new fridge for his birthday, can't wait to see his face light up when he opens it" or "i didn't think these orthopedic shoes would work, but I stand corrected" arrrrggghhhhhhhh shut up shut up shuuuuuut up

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Currently for me those little links into shows like family guy & such like that have 2 people on the phone & 1 says "just brought my dad a new fridge for his birthday, can't wait to see his face light up when he opens it" or "i didn't think these orthopedic shoes would work, but I stand corrected" arrrrggghhhhhhhh shut up shut up shuuuuuut up

Agreed. I have to mute it before I throw the remote at the TV. Same with the tedious Nationwide adverts 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

they seem to have registered with you which i believe is the point.  the fact you dislike them is irrelevant. 

I mean the fact they are so annoying it would stop me ever using them is probably relevant but okay. They haven't purposely made a cringey advert to have it register with people, it's just shite.

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Mate, you're lucky you're getting out of offices at all. In my industry I would say 99% of people just don't bother.  It's selfish, unprofessional and it leads to multiple logistical problems and errors - it gets right on my nerves.  

Talk about emailing into the bloody void.  

When people leave a business and you get no notification to even let you know your email is now in an unmonitored abyss.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

When people leave a business and you get no notification to even let you know your email is now in an unmonitored abyss.

If you're juggling a lot of plates it's easy to forget you've had no response until it's too late as well, particularly if you've ordered something.  

These non out of office leaving people are the pits! 

4 minutes ago, Eurofox said:

IMG-20230328-WA0002.jpg

Every penny above the 245k that he takes from his pension will be taxed in line with standard income tax rules.  Because his pot is 1.8million, if the rules for his pot are the same as the rest of us, he should have been paying 55% tax on all monies that went into his pot above £1.07m. 

If that hasn’t happened then it needs to be asked why there is special treatment for some civil servants.

if you want to argue that there shouldn’t be any tax free amount then that a debate to be had. If you want to argue that he shouldn’t be allowed to retire at 61 without losing some of his pot then that’s a debate to be had. 

but I really don’t think that we should be lambasting people who decide to save for their retirement rather than spending it during their working lives.  Surely we want to have as few people as possible dependant on the state in their retirement.  I’m getting a feeling that people who have planned for their retirement and accrued a substantial pension pot are going to become the subject of much attention over the next few years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Every penny above the 245k that he takes from his pension will be taxed in line with standard income tax rules.  Because his pot is 1.8million, if the rules for his pot are the same as the rest of us, he should have been paying 55% tax on all monies that went into his pot above £1.07m. 

If that hasn’t happened then it needs to be asked why there is special treatment for some civil servants.

if you want to argue that there shouldn’t be any tax free amount then that a debate to be had. If you want to argue that he shouldn’t be allowed to retire at 61 without losing some of his pot then that’s a debate to be had. 

but I really don’t think that we should be lambasting people who decide to save for their retirement rather than spending it during their working lives.  Surely we want to have as few people as possible dependant on the state in their retirement.  I’m getting a feeling that people who have planned for their retirement and accrued a substantial pension pot are going to become the subject of much attention over the next few years.  

I wonder if he will give up his state pension. I suppose the point is that millions of people in work just about live week to week on poor pay and the state pension will be vital when they retire which is being pushed back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

I wonder if he will give up his state pension. I suppose the point is that millions of people in work just about live week to week on poor pay and the state pension will be vital when they retire which is being pushed back

If he’s paid his NI contributions for his whole working life then why should he give up his state pension? 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Difference here is this guy has set the pension age that impacts on those on a minimum wage who dont have the opportunity to save and invest wisely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he’s paid his NI contributions for his whole working life then why should he give up his state pension? 

Not suggesting he should. Hopefully he will be aware that for some this is all they will have often after heavy labour with extra years after 66 plus. You made the point about being dependent on the state but rich or poor get the state pension which I think is right if they have paid in.