Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean the fact they are so annoying it would stop me ever using them is probably relevant but okay. They haven't purposely made a cringey advert to have it register with people, it's just shite.

The quality of tv adverts has declined over the years.  Perhaps we should support the BBC after all

20 hours ago, Milo said:

Plenty of adverts on the BBC, unfortunately. 

Not direct advertising or product placement, but the endless repetitive trailers for their output particularly for the iPlayer, is very grinding.

Especially on BBC R1 and R2

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Potholes. Everywhere.

For a so called advanced nation, the quality of our roads are a Fvckin disgrace.

I can’t believe with all this modern technology there’s not a long term solution to it.

Absolute crap.

I reckon they just do cheap repairs and the potholes recur, too expensive to re do the whole section of road.

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I reckon they just do cheap repairs and the potholes recur, too expensive to re do the whole section of road.

There's a really bad one on Earls Way in Thurmaston at the minute. Not so much a pot hole as the road surface isn't damaged, but its sinking. They plonked layers of tarmac over it a few times and it just adds more weight and it sinks again. Why continually spend on repairs that don't work instead of paying more, once, to get the job done properly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

There's a really bad one on Earls Way in Thurmaston at the minute. Not so much a pot hole as the road surface isn't damaged, but its sinking. They plonked layers of tarmac over it a few times and it just adds more weight and it sinks again. Why continually spend on repairs that don't work instead of paying more, once, to get the job done properly?

****ing death trap that dip. Been like it for months too.

Same as the flooding section near the liquor on humberstone lane. How the **** they've not had someone out to fix the drain since before xmas is criminal.

40 minutes ago, kenny said:

I wonder if the issues would be the same if we were dealing with a different European country.

The fact there are border controls are the issue, and by the sounds of it there are issues on our side and the French side.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

The fact there are border controls are the issue, and by the sounds of it there are issues on our side and the French side.

Only issues on the French side being reported currently.

Perhaps the government should start to look at Belgium as a solution.

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Same as the flooding section near the liquor on humberstone lane. How the **** they've not had someone out to fix the drain since before xmas is criminal.

I used to live near there, I'm sure it never used to flood. Now it just takes a slight spot of rain and its like Rutland water . What's changed ?

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

****ing death trap that dip. Been like it for months too.

It's a nightmare if the bridge on Churchill Road floods, the bottom if the lane is flooded snd then you have the dip. My mum lives off Colby Drive, last Sunday there was a crash on Humberstone Lane between Silverdale Drive and Colby Road. Made going anywhere a nightmare for her.

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's a nightmare if the bridge on Churchill Road floods, the bottom if the lane is flooded snd then you have the dip. My mum lives off Colby Drive, last Sunday there was a crash on Humberstone Lane between Silverdale Drive and Colby Road. Made going anywhere a nightmare for her.

Anywhere the wrong side of that train line is a disaster when it rains. Doesn't help they keep adding thousands of houses to thurmaston wherever they can. :thumbdown:

Edited by Innovindil
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

Potholes. Everywhere.

For a so called advanced nation, the quality of our roads are a Fvckin disgrace.

I can’t believe with all this modern technology there’s not a long term solution to it.

Absolute crap.

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

It's not just potholes, it's road surfaces breaking up as well. Tarmac just getting stripped off by HGV's and the volume of traffic.

There were a number of holes on the A47 near me and the repairs were just lumps of tarmac tamped into them. not even smoothed over.

23 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's not just potholes, it's road surfaces breaking up as well. Tarmac just getting stripped off by HGV's and the volume of traffic.

There were a number of holes on the A47 near me and the repairs were just lumps of tarmac tamped into them. not even smoothed over.

Indicative of the breakdown in the fabric of our nation 

On 31/03/2023 at 20:39, Izzy said:

Potholes. Everywhere.

Absolute crap.

Thought councils deliberately used short term solutions to pot holes not only to prevent lengthy roadworks but another reason for extortionate tax rates??

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The idiots on both sides of the channel have had literally years to properly staff the border, but this it definitely the fault of how people voted years ago.

Whilst I agree with this, I'm still waiting for the Brexit benefits?

• Like 1