Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

After waiting 5 and half months to move house our buyer has just pulled out, absolutely devastated that people can waste another persons time like this. 
Disgrace 

That's dreadful. I'm really sorry to hear of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

After waiting 5 and half months to move house our buyer has just pulled out, absolutely devastated that people can waste another persons time like this. 
Disgrace 

That sucks, the house buying process is just a disgrace in this country. Scotland have a much better approach and you've got to think it would be favourable with the voters to have house buying reforms in the manifesto.

As I understand in Scotland you can't just pull out without consequences once an offer is accepted you actually sign a contract and if anyone pulls out at any stage they have to pay compensation. Not sure how much, or if there is time limit to complete, but anything is better than in England where buyer and seller can just pull out at any time without consequences and can threaten to pull out as leverage to renegotiate the price.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 2

On 17/04/2023 at 14:23, Captain... said:

That sucks, the house buying process is just a disgrace in this country. Scotland have a much better approach and you've got to think it would be favourable with the voters to have house buying reforms in the manifesto.

As I understand in Scotland you can't just pull out without consequences once an offer is accepted you actually sign a contract and if anyone pulls out at any stage they have to pay compensation. Not sure how much, or if there is time limit to complete, but anything is better than in England where buyer and seller can just pull out at any time without consequences and can threaten to pull out as leverage to renegotiate the price.

We had worked hard to save the money for a deposit and had made an offer on a house. The seller kept asking if were definitely interested and asked several times that he hoped we didn't let him down.

Called him one day to update him and the absolute cvnt  said he had decided to sell to someone else.

We had incurred some legal fees and paid for our own survey because the building society survey was confidential to the society for some reason back then.

We were a young couple and financially it set us back quite a bit.

As you say; there ought to be some recompense.

• Like 1

Posters who ask question on threads, you respond but don't get the courtesy of a thanks or any acknowledgement...i didn't respond from MY benefit!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Dear Raj, I meant to write you sooner, but I just been busy
You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that
And here's an autograph for your brother; I wrote it on a Starter cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I must've missed you
Don't think I did that shit intentionally just to diss you.

Damage is done now- too late for all your pillow talk...

People who persistently attempt to talk to you whilst you're at the gym and have headphones in.  For no reason.  I've now even bought a T-shirt which quite clearly states on it 'fvck off I'm training'.  But some people, always of a more mature vintage, will not take the subtle hint.  

19 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

People who are terrified of harmless animals, or characterise animals that attack us when they are scared as being "evil" or "bastards".

Yeah,

There are very, very few animals that will attack a human in anything other than direct self-defence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Dear Raj, I meant to write you sooner, but I just been busy
You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that
And here's an autograph for your brother; I wrote it on a Starter cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I must've missed you
Don't think I did that shit intentionally just to diss you.

The only way this could have been a better response is if it was posted by @StanSP

• Haha 3