Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How on earth did I not make that link lollol

Literally only listened to that earlier this week lol 

I knew it’d fly over some people’s heads - and Raj would need it explaining - but Stan? Stan missed it? Fvck sake. *shakes head*

Edited by Daggers
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

People who are terrified of harmless animals, or characterise animals that attack us when they are scared as being "evil" or "bastards".

Second part is fair, but first point can be open to interpretation. I'll put it out there, I find domestic pets gross. Each to their own, but it's how I, and plenty of other people, feel. 

Went to mother in laws the other week who has a new dog that was hopping up at me relentlessly. I kept getting the frankly irritating statement from her "don't be scared, she's harmless". I'm not scared of them, they genuinely make me gag and I don't want their fur, breath or dongleberried arses anywhere near my clothes.

If the above isn't what you meant, apologies! Hopefully you weren't discussing the anti-shrew lobby, if such a thing exists. If it is, understand that other people are just not comfortable around animals. My son for instance was attacked by some strangers dog in a park that ran up to him and bit him when he was a small child. Now when he sees other dogs, that probably are harmless, he's still frightened of them. Can't assume to know people's experiences or expect them to not be fearful of something others aren't. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 10:32, Captain... said:

Wasps - fvcking cvnts the lot of them.

No prizes for guessing who got stung this morning.

2 hours ago, TJQuik said:

People who are terrified of harmless animals, or characterise animals that attack us when they are scared as being "evil" or "bastards".

You better not be including wasps as harmless.

It still fvcking hurts, right on the index finger.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Second part is fair, but first point can be open to interpretation. I'll put it out there, I find domestic pets gross. Each to their own, but it's how I, and plenty of other people, feel. 

Went to mother in laws the other week who has a new dog that was hopping up at me relentlessly. I kept getting the frankly irritating statement from her "don't be scared, she's harmless". I'm not scared of them, they genuinely make me gag and I don't want their fur, breath or dongleberried arses anywhere near my clothes.

If the above isn't what you meant, apologies! Hopefully you weren't discussing the anti-shrew lobby, if such a thing exists. If it is, understand that other people are just not comfortable around animals. My son for instance was attacked by some strangers dog in a park that ran up to him and bit him when he was a small child. Now when he sees other dogs, that probably are harmless, he's still frightened of them. Can't assume to know people's experiences or expect them to not be fearful of something others aren't. 

Yeh I like dogs but cleaning up their sh1t on a daily basis? You’ve lost your marbles. The hottest girl in the world was laying it on my plate for me on a daily basis, I’d still think twice about scooping up her steaming turd from the park every raining morning. Never mind a dog. Psychotic behaviour 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

People who persistently attempt to talk to you whilst you're at the gym and have headphones in.  For no reason.  I've now even bought a T-shirt which quite clearly states on it 'fvck off I'm training'.  But some people, always of a more mature vintage, will not take the subtle hint.  

Not as bad as those that ask how long you're going to be on a certain machine for and then just stand close and stare until you're finished :revenge:

38 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Not as bad as those that ask how long you're going to be on a certain machine for and then just stand close and stare until you're finished :revenge:

And then when you vacate said machine, whip the phone out and do FA

49 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh I like dogs but cleaning up their sh1t on a daily basis? You’ve lost your marbles. The hottest girl in the world was laying it on my plate for me on a daily basis, I’d still think twice about scooping up her steaming turd from the park every raining morning. Never mind a dog. Psychotic behaviour 

Have you never cleaned up after a human, e.g a baby, someone who is ill or for a job that requires it? Far more disgusting than anything a dog could produce.

56 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Have you never cleaned up after a human, e.g a baby, someone who is ill or for a job that requires it? Far more disgusting than anything a dog could produce.

Yeh but I’m a human. In my mind cleaning up for a family member or for money is a lot different to cleaning up after another species 

13 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I think I've said this before, but people who think seed oils, aspartame and wireless signals give you megacancer, citing studies that are complete bunk.

... and that is just the tip of the (rapidly shrinking) iceberg in terms of cherry picked scientific ignorance, more's the pity.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I think I've said this before, but people who think seed oils, aspartame and wireless signals give you megacancer, citing studies that are complete bunk.

Aspartame in large quantities regularly (young people who drink several diet drinks per day for example) has often been linked to lower bone density and osteoperosis in studies, although it may just be that any sweeteners and/or the phosphoric acid in carbonated drinks does this.

However, there are certainly a couple of studies that show that aspartame and the substances it metabolises into in the central nervous system DOES increase the damage and risk of brain tumours.

https://www.termedia.pl/Review-paper-Effects-of-aspartame-metabolites-on-astrocytes-and-neurons,20,20489,0,1.html

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

In a similar vein, the number of youtube adverts that are just blatant scams. 

It's bonkers. They must work as well otherwise they wouldn't bother. 

I get lots of "make money FAST" type trading adverts. It's like yeah, I'm a peasant, but I'm not a daft peasant. It's just totally unregulated. 

Game adverts also dogshit. Most mobile game ads look absolutely nothing like the actual game. Like those "pull the pin" puzzle games or "THAT'S HOW MAFIA WORKS" shit. 

Also content creator thumbnails are an abomination. Clickbait nonsense that never fails to make them look like a fvcking twat.

Basically 99% of YouTube is full of shit for idiots. Shame as there's some great stuff on there. 

• Like 1

I arranged a MS Team chat earlier today, to primarily enable a colleague to tell a senior staff member of one of our partners, how great my colleagues team is.

My colleague doesn't appear. No apology, no explanation, nothing.

I could only see he was offline.

The link between us and the other provider could be really beneficial, so I had to mumble some excuse to try and save (his) face.

Fuming.....

If someone passes away near the end of the day and their death isn't verified until after midnight by a qualified medic, the information sent to the deceased person's GP will carry the date of death as being a day after the actual death has taken place, even if witnesses were present at the time. This can be pretty annoying! Fortunately, registrars will record the true date of death, if the witnesses are the ones registering it and want it to be accurate. Do medics think that the rest of us are stupid?