Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

It is. All emergency services will make their own triage of the situation. We don't go straight to the rear window to check for a waving "Baby/Prince/Princess/Child On Board" stuck on with a suction cup. We tend to actually look in the car to assess casualties and level of injury.

You can be a proud parent without having to advertise it to the driving community. 

Similarly, the "dogs in transit" stickers. So what? You've got a dog/dogs and they're in the car/van/4x4. I don't need to know that.

Also the "powered by fairy dust". WTF does that actually convey?

Pretentiousness is what it is.

Pretentious, moi? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

We got a model mother over here.

Toyed with the idea of just putting this straight in the cvnts thread, but thought that might be a little too strong.

As someone who has been around people contemplated and succeeded at suicide as a result a total and utter cvnts like this.... you've definitely misplaced this....The "absolute cvnts" thread is over there..

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

It is. All emergency services will make their own triage of the situation. We don't go straight to the rear window to check for a waving "Baby/Prince/Princess/Child On Board" stuck on with a suction cup. We tend to actually look in the car to assess casualties and level of injury.

Who said you did? 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Who said you did? 

The implication in a previous post that the child on board stickers were there to assist the emergency services. 

Trust me, if there was a child on board we'd know without the need for a sticker. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

We got a model mother over here.

Toyed with the idea of just putting this straight in the cvnts thread, but thought that might be a little too strong.

A very interesting response in that debate 

• Like 2

Damned so called energy companies, third bloody call from one wanting to inspect my property for cavity  wall, loft installation etc., even though I had it all done a couple years ago.

One more and they might get a tirade of abuse, pricks.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Damned so called energy companies, third bloody call from one wanting to inspect my property for cavity  wall, loft installation etc., even though I had it all done a couple years ago.

One more and they might get a tirade of abuse, pricks.

Just tell them “ anyone who looks behind my wall, stays behind my wall”…

I can't have a smart meter fitted because of the awkward and tight placement of my gas meter. Someone came out and looked at it and told them it can't be done. 

Doesn't stop them emailing and ringing me every month to book a smart meter installation! 

• Like 2

Liverpool and Man United fans moaning about Man City winning the league most years. I guess it wasn't "boring and a huge issue" in the previous 40 years? 

I fully accept the arguments against this current set up but let's not pretend that their own dominance was a thrilling ride for neutrals.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I can't have a smart meter fitted because of the awkward and tight placement of my gas meter. Someone came out and looked at it and told them it can't be done. 

Doesn't stop them emailing and ringing me every month to book a smart meter installation! 

I'm exactly the same. I know all the combinations of numbers to ignore now, I stress I learned the hard way though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

You should tell them you live 100 yards away, maybe they'll give you a discount

It was more in the context of £5.75 for a pint in a village pub in Leicestershire is a shambles! I’ll try the discount trick next time 

On 27/04/2023 at 18:55, Parafox said:

Also the "powered by fairy dust". WTF does that actually convey?

Pretentiousness is what it is.

Fairy dust is a recognised biofuel alternative to diesel/petrol derived from such substances as chocolate and chip fat and secreted by the larger (usually, but not exclusively female) driver to power their Fiat Cinquecento or similar 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1