Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Alright Peter Pan lmao!

People like what they like don’t they, I for one enjoy an evening at home with my canvas of the New York skyline that says “a house is built with bricks and beams, a home is built on love and dreams” over the top of it but I appreciate not everyone will enjoy that 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People like what they like don’t they, I for one enjoy an evening at home with my canvas of the New York skyline that says “a house is built with bricks and beams, a home is built on love and dreams” over the top of it but I appreciate not everyone will enjoy that 

Just pure love a whimsical car sticker don’t we 

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Fairy dust is a recognised biofuel alternative to diesel/petrol derived from such substances as chocolate and chip fat and secreted by the larger (usually, but not exclusively female) driver to power their Fiat Cinquecento or similar 

And they also often have eyelashes glued over the headlights of such vehicles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I imagine you also have a giant replica of a Coca Cola bottle cap :P

Just seen an advert where a woman is selling stuff on  ‘Vinted’ to pay for her exotic surfing holiday. I’m sure the £43 she made put a big dent in the holiday cost. Would understand if she was selling Versace or Gucci shit in the advert but she’s just selling used leggings from Matalan and some stuff that the girls from accounts got her from Claire’s Accessories as a leaving gift.

22 minutes ago, oakman said:

Just seen an advert where a woman is selling stuff on  ‘Vinted’ to pay for her exotic surfing holiday. I’m sure the £43 she made put a big dent in the holiday cost. Would understand if she was selling Versace or Gucci shit in the advert but she’s just selling used leggings from Matalan and some stuff that the girls from accounts got her from Claire’s Accessories as a leaving gift.

Adverts give simple people false expectations. 

That's the advertisers ideal target audience. Sadly there's so many that accept the deception (not untruths or falsehoods) that adverts peddle.

How white can a white garment be by using washing powder that we were told (and still get told), would get whites whiter than white, 50 years ago? It was white when my mother washed in a twin tub and used a mangle to wring it dry.

These cleaning products... get your floor super clean using Flash.

You need an anti-bacterial spray to clean your surfaces.

No you don't. Dilute bleach 5% in water and it's job done. And cheaper.

Adverts are legalised bullshit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakman said:

Ah if you sell enough crap it adds up pretty quick.  Also makes you realise how much crap you bought.

• Like 1

'We're all *insert football club name*, aren't we?"

Saw it loads around the time Wrexham were going for promotion. No I'm not I couldn't give a ****.

(Unless it comes to the end of the season and we need another team to get a result for us) 

On 30/04/2023 at 03:28, Jon the Hat said:

Ah if you sell enough crap it adds up pretty quick.  Also makes you realise how much crap you bought.

We have just made £400 on vinted by selling crap from the loft including old boots I no longer wear and shoes my wife bought in the sales and never wore.

We don't have designer labels as such, but everything has a value to someone.

We buy things on vinted with a view to reselling them once we are done so our clothes are free. Our toddlers shoes have been free Clarks shoes up to now.

20 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Facebook Marketplace. It’s 99% scammers, whom I’m bored of toying with, and my stuff still hasn’t sold. 

Don't use either of them, personally, but also be wary of some eBay sellers - too.

Edited by Wymsey

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Don't use either of them, personally, but also be wary of some eBay sellers - too.

I keep off eBay - had some incidents years back so not for me any more. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I keep off eBay - had some incidents years back so not for me any more. 

Indeed.

I know someone who purchased something off it once and a scammer took their bank card details without the former knowing until their bank became suspicious of certain purchases in a different region.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Saw a baby on board sticker on a car yesterday which included the kids name. lol

That's to help people empathise with the tired driver when they cut you up dontchaknow?

Oh nevermind Tarquin on board, he must be a right handful.  

On 01/05/2023 at 16:21, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Charities at the entrances of supermarkets. I'd be quite happy to drop a tenner into a collection bucket. But they want a monthly direct debit. Sorry. Not happening.

Or those that cold call homes.

Call my cynical but nah I'm not giving my bank details over to some teenager wearing a lanyard that knocked on my door.

They're persistent too if you give them the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Or those that cold call homes.

Call my cynical but nah I'm not giving my bank details over to some teenager wearing a lanyard that knocked on my door.

They're persistent too if you give them the time.

I tell any cold callers that want to interest me in any form of home improvement that my house is rented. They cant say anything, although one once suggested maybe I should ring the landlord and get his opinion.

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ok, I'm going over to the dark side with this one.

Rodgers has a 'Brendan on board' in his car.

I'm hearing that he's recently changed that to 'sack the board'. 

• Haha 1