Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 08/05/2023 at 17:19, leicsmac said:

That's just what happens when everything has to be advertised, because everything has to be monetised, because apparently there's no better system, because...I don't know, reasons?

I am sure there is a better system, its just no one can explain what it is so or demonstrate it working.

Took the youth the Thomas Land (Dreyton Manor) for his birthday. After paying a king's ransom for admission, the first thing you see on entry is the parking machine so they can squeeze just that little bit more out of you. I'm dropping £80 here chaps, let me park on your muddy field gratis please or at least just absorb it into the ticket so I get less irate about it. 

The word 'relegation'. It's far too similar to 'regelation' for dyslexics like me! 

(Back way back when, our physics teacher taught us about regelation and provided a wonderful demonstration of it in action. He produced a block of ice and placed a heavily-weighted (at both ends) thin metal wire over it. The wire's pressure caused the ice to melt immediately beneath it, so it gradually passed down through. But the block of ice remained in one piece, because the melted ice immediately above the wire then promptly refroze.)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The desperation for many English fans to pretend they have a dog in the fight on old firm day. Just stop.

Wannabe Orangemen with hardons for a pointless sectarian conflict (as practically all sectarian conflicts are), mostly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The desperation for many English fans to pretend they have a dog in the fight on old firm day. Just stop.

The arguments for wanting them in the league is worse.

• Like 3

Car breakdown cover prices being jacked up, cancelled AA and now RAC after they went up to obscene amounts (my fault for not reading the quotes I guess) gone to Green Flag - £54 absolute bargain!

Some official paperwork I had yesterday instructed me to fill in the form and return it to 'PAYE AS YOU EARN'. Perhaps someone should tell those clever people at HM Revenue and Customs that 'PAY' isn't spelled 'PAYE' unless it's used as an acronym, in which case the 'AS YOU EARN' part of the address is a tautology. It's rather like saying 'LCFC Football Club'.   

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Some official paperwork I had yesterday instructed me to fill in the form and return it to 'PAYE AS YOU EARN'. Perhaps someone should tell those clever people at HM Revenue and Customs that 'PAY' isn't spelled 'PAYE' unless it's used as an acronym, in which case the 'AS YOU EARN' part of the address is a tautology. It's rather like saying 'LCFC Football Club'.   

Or PIN number, when being asked to pay by debit card. 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 20:23, Zear0 said:

Took the youth the Thomas Land (Dreyton Manor) for his birthday. After paying a king's ransom for admission, the first thing you see on entry is the parking machine so they can squeeze just that little bit more out of you. I'm dropping £80 here chaps, let me park on your muddy field gratis please or at least just absorb it into the ticket so I get less irate about it. 

They don't even have Apocalypse there any more, they're going through what I like to call American Adventurefication, only a matter of time before they bin off Shockwave 

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Flying is absolutely revolting and anyone who says they enjoy it is quite simply telling fibs

Indeed.  Perth-Doha-Helsinki-London-Doha-Perth in the next week or two.  In economy.  Yay.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Trades people telling you at 6.30am they won't be arriving at 8am to start your job due to last week's job over running.

If they let you know on the Friday, fine, no issue. But when I've spent the weekend prepping for the work, it's highly annoying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

People who defend the star wars prequels

I don't think I have watched ROTS since I saw it at the cinema, I have a soft spot for Phantom Menace even though it is awful in places and Attack of the Clones has a really interesting premise with some good set pieces in between the awful acting and that picnic scene. ROTS was just awful, the ending just made it unwatchable and it shat on everything that came before it.

I've actually been watching the clone wars animated show as some light entertainment over the last couple of years, whilst some of it is fluff there are some really good story arcs and it develops the conflict in Anakin and shows the Jedi to not necessarily be this overwhelming force for good. It just reminds me of what a missed opportunity the prequels were.

On 15/05/2023 at 09:01, FoyleFox said:

Trades people telling you at 6.30am they won't be arriving at 8am to start your job due to last week's job over running.

If they let you know on the Friday, fine, no issue. But when I've spent the weekend prepping for the work, it's highly annoying.

More likely that the sun was out and they got a last minute tee time at the local course. 

Agree - very annoying 

On 15/05/2023 at 01:12, Samilktray said:

Flying is absolutely revolting and anyone who says they enjoy it is quite simply telling fibs

I like the thill of taking off and the gradual descent of the landing but I have to have a window seat.. Otherwise it's a ball-ache. 

On 14/05/2023 at 12:19, Tuna said:

Car breakdown cover prices being jacked up, cancelled AA and now RAC after they went up to obscene amounts (my fault for not reading the quotes I guess) gone to Green Flag - £54 absolute bargain!

Have you read the reviews about Green Flag. I joined them before reading the reviews.

:facepalm:

Green Flag Reviews - Read 179 Genuine Customer Reviews | greenflag.com

Edited by Parafox

On 13/05/2023 at 14:42, leicsmac said:

Wannabe Orangemen with hardons for a pointless sectarian conflict (as practically all sectarian conflicts are), mostly.

Agreed. The 2 most vile clubs in the UK. Never understood why people glamourise the Rangers vs Celtic rivalry. 

• Like 1