Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I don't think I want to now lol

Excuse me while I check what the cooling off period is...

I've gone past the cooling off period so I'm just going to suck it up and join a more reputable service.

As one review stated, they're cheaper for  reason.

Almost all their recovery is franchised out to independents. You now, the ones that will get a call at 2 am to recover you but then stay in bed till 6.

You'll never see a Green Flag vehicle parked up in the services awaiting a call. The main recovery ones are genuinely 24 hrs with patrols available.

Edited by Parafox

On 14/05/2023 at 12:19, Tuna said:

Car breakdown cover prices being jacked up, cancelled AA and now RAC after they went up to obscene amounts (my fault for not reading the quotes I guess) gone to Green Flag - £54 absolute bargain!

Great value if you love to think about the money you saved while sitting in your car for hours waiting for a non-existent truck.

Then, after five hours, a man in a tiny van turns up.

“Where’s the fvcking recovery truck,” I asked politely with a smile and everything. He then decides I need a recovery truck.

Thirteen hours. Green Flag are cvnts. I’m guessing they pay less to contractors and therefore always come at the bottom of the priority list. Whatever, never ever again.

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. The 2 most vile clubs in the UK. Never understood why people glamourise the Rangers vs Celtic rivalry. 

Because for some folks, football is tribal and violent and therefore glamourise such a rivalry that has those elements in abundance and is backed by centuries of sectarian antipathy.

Others might use a No True Scotsman fallacy to say they're not "proper football fans", but personally I think that's something of a cop-out.

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Utter twunts that employ the laughing emoji on a guess from ages ago that proved wrong. 

Well guessed, you nobber. How many times do you guess wrong? And do you point that out every time? 

Looking at the thread it's in, they have clearly gone back to the start to find posts that are remotely positive and are laughing at them. Strange people.

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Utter twunts that employ the laughing emoji on a guess from ages ago that proved wrong. 

Well guessed, you nobber. How many times do you guess wrong? And do you point that out every time? 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Looking at the thread it's in, they have clearly gone back to the start to find posts that are remotely positive and are laughing at them. Strange people.

I'll happily look back and point out where someone spouting opinion as fact has aged horribly in certain matters, but there really is no need to laugh (especially if you're not going to address the point) and if someone is clearly just guessing, it is very strange.

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

They're taking pleasure in their own misery. How very sad. 

Much like you don't let football results affect your mood, I'd suggest you just try and brush off a silly little laugh emoji, it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Talking of what grinds my gears, people who show up late and don't respect you enough to not waste your time. If you make a plan and set a time, be there for that time. The odd time there'll be legitimate reasons for being late which are fine. Most of the time though it's either laziness or poor organisation on the part of the late person.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Much like you don't let football results affect your mood, I'd suggest you just try and brush off a silly little laugh emoji, it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Talking of what grinds my gears, people who show up late and don't respect you enough to not waste your time. If you make a plan and set a time, be there for that time. The odd time there'll be legitimate reasons for being late which are fine. Most of the time though it's either laziness or poor organisation on the part of the late person.

Oh, consider it brushed. It just saddens me how pathetic some people are willing to be. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

What is your issue with it?

I’m guessing the palava ahead of the flight

And then sitting in a metal cylinder like cattle for hours on end 

if you’re fortunate enough to have travelled business or first class then it’s actually a pleasure (assuming you’re not scared) 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m guessing the palava ahead of the flight

And then sitting in a metal cylinder like cattle for hours on end 

if you’re fortunate enough to have travelled business or first class then it’s actually a pleasure (assuming you’re not scared) 

Yeah I’m ok with the airport side of things but the actual flying part terrifies me. Just a very unenjoyable experience imho 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah I’m ok with the airport side of things but the actual flying part terrifies me. Just a very unenjoyable experience imho 

I hate flying too, I hate the take off and landing, and any kind of turbulence or banking terrifies me. The only time I'm remotely OK with it is when we're cruising uneventfully, but even then I'm wondering what it's like to fall out of the sky. Having said that I will do it, I just don't like it. Give me a good road trip in the car any day over flying. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I hate flying too, I hate the take off and landing, and any kind of turbulence or banking terrifies me. The only time I'm remotely OK with it is when we're cruising uneventfully, but even then I'm wondering what it's like to fall out of the sky. Having said that I will do it, I just don't like it. Give me a good road trip in the car any day over flying. 

Funnily enough I’m exactly the same. No matter how smooth parts of the flight may be, my mind is constantly thinking of various things that could happen. Taking off is the worst part for me, just makes me feel sick. All in all I just find it a very exhausting process but I love being on holiday so I should try and get over it somehow 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Poor time keeping drives me potty too.

53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Risk of death

Driving 1:5000

Flying 1:11,000,000

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Funnily enough I’m exactly the same. No matter how smooth parts of the flight may be, my mind is constantly thinking of various things that could happen. Taking off is the worst part for me, just makes me feel sick. All in all I just find it a very exhausting process but I love being on holiday so I should try and get over it somehow 

I find it helpful to imagine that if things go really wrong it'll all be over in a matter of seconds and all earthly problems will be behind me. It works so well I almost find myself willing it to happen

Just now, Daggers said:

Risk of death

Driving 1:5000

Flying 1:11,000,000

I know it's irrational, it doesn't make me feel any better though when I'm 40 thousand feet in the air, just imagining what it feels like to fall that far out of the sky. For ages. Surrounded by people I don't know. At least with a car situation it would hopefully be over pretty quickly. Doesn't it take about 3 minutes to crash, all the time knowing you're facing certain death, on an aircraft?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Have you got the figures for riding a miniature motorcycle?

Sure, I can make figures up for any set of circumstances.

Do you want it to sound dangerous or very dangerous?

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I know it's irrational, it doesn't make me feel any better though when I'm 40 thousand feet in the air, just imagining what it feels like to fall that far out of the sky. For ages. Surrounded by people I don't know. At least with a car situation it would hopefully be over pretty quickly. Doesn't it take about 3 minutes to crash, all the time knowing you're facing certain death, on an aircraft?

1743-airplanes.jpg