Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

19 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I work in aviation and can reassure you there is nothing more highly regulated or safer. Even non critical parts that go on an aircraft are so thoroughly tested it would blow your mind. 

get yourself on a flying confidence course - BA run one, or have a look on flight radar at the amount of flights currently in the air. 

I was on an internal flight in China last month on a shagged out 30 year old aircraft, no announcements in English and most of the flight was in bad weather - I was a bit on edge but still nothing to worry about. 

Contrary to this, I used to work with a data analyst from somewhere in the Far East who was originally an aviation engineer.

He point blank refused to fly because he knew every tiny detail of everything that could go wrong on a plane.

He even used to take all of his holidays in one block, plus a couple more weeks unpaid, so he could drive back to the far east and see his family.

I can't remember his name, but he worked for Centrica on Aylestone Road @FoxesDeb lol

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Contrary to this, I used to work with a data analyst from somewhere in the Far East who was originally an aviation engineer.

He point blank refused to fly because he knew every tiny detail of everything that could go wrong on a plane.

He even used to take all of his holidays in one block, plus a couple more weeks unpaid, so he could drive back to the far east and see his family.

I can't remember his name, but he worked for Centrica on Aylestone Road @FoxesDeb lol

I don't know who you mean, but I'm going to guess he worked outside of the main office lol

@Wolfox Any ideas?

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't know who you mean, but I'm going to guess he worked outside of the main office lol

@Wolfox Any ideas?

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

He was based in the Imbalance department and was basically the brains behind all the data that made millions of quid!

Not a Scooby!!!

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The new bottle tops you can’t take off bottles. 

Because I'm thick I'd been tearing the b@stards off with extreme prejudice and then only when moaning to my wife about the pointy bit left did she point out they were supposed to stay attached. 

Yet I'm that stupid and can still manage to put both top, and bottle, in recycling.  

So who is it that can't...

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Because I'm thick I'd been tearing the b@stards off with extreme prejudice and then only when moaning to my wife about the pointy bit left did she point out they were supposed to stay attached. 

Yet I'm that stupid and can still manage to put both top, and bottle, in recycling.  

So who is it that can't...

I imagine it's more that the top is small and doesn't get picked up by recycling machines or can get lost during the process or blown away during collection. It's not to force you to put it in the recycle bin but what happens after.

Contractors who amend the price at the last minute, hoping you'll just accept it. The people who should've arrived on Monday but didn't, today tried to say they'd made a mistake in the quote and it was an extra £700. Short shrift response and they're sticking to the original agreed price, which was Quoted and accepted in writing.

Assuming they actually turn up next week...

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Contractors who amend the price at the last minute, hoping you'll just accept it. The people who should've arrived on Monday but didn't, today tried to say they'd made a mistake in the quote and it was an extra £700. Short shrift response and they're sticking to the original agreed price, which was Quoted and accepted in writing.

Assuming they actually turn up next week...

Call their bluff.

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Pundits on TV when they're asked a question and they start their sentence with "Listen", or "Look" to a lesser extent 

Yep. Gary Neville is one of the worst for this, it really irritates me. 

Edited by FoxesDeb

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Pundits on TV when they're asked a question and they start their sentence with "Listen", or "Look" to a lesser extent 

I think Skys coverage of football is broadly very good but one thing that makes my stomach churn is when we as an audience “go back to the studio” and the first voice you hear is Dave Jones always seeming to sound on the verge of uncontrolled laughter like someone has just told a phenomenal anecdote. Pure local radio dj stuff

• Haha 1

Lack of communication from companies. Took my car in for an ABS pump repair on the 11th and they said it would be ready in a week all being well. Rang last Friday said that it wasn't ready. Rang yesterday and they said they would call back with an update but should be ready today. Heard nothing since. If there's an issue, that's OK, but I would like updating. This week will be two weeks come tomorrow and I've had no update on it, I'm the one chasing.

On 20/05/2023 at 19:50, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That footyscran Twitter account - you can’t just take photos from food vans outside the ground 

Correct. Enjoy that account but the invasion of food vans is ridiculous 

"Waygu beef, chips and parsley, £7.50 at Bristol Rovers FC." No mate, from a food van 400 yards from Bristol Rovers' ground.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

People who think the amount of money you have makes you successful in life / makes you a good person.

Add to this: people who think a large amount of money (and therefore power) gives a person the right to unfairly control the lives of other people without their consent and that be right because...well, those other folks are sinful or something.

52 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Correct. Enjoy that account but the invasion of food vans is ridiculous 

"Waygu beef, chips and parsley, £7.50 at Bristol Rovers FC." No mate, from a food van 400 yards from Bristol Rovers' ground.

Yeah I don't go on it to see the Dirty Shag fries from Filthy ****boys Burgers, I go on it to see a bun to hotdog ratio of about 4:1 in a concourse. Sad what the account has become