Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I am honoured :)  

Glad you keep posting. Next time i'm over in Leicester you are one of the lads i'd love to meet  (not meat lol).

Although now we are in the championship i might decide to travel elsewhere lol. Want my son to see us in the EPL but maybeeee i cant be too much of a Canadian plastic.

Well I'm in Northampton, in your terms, I'm only down the road. About 40 miles away.

If we can't make a City game, I'll take you to watch the Cobblers or the Saints (rugby union, Tigers local rivals)! But you're taking us to an ice hockey game if I'm ever over your way :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Well I'm in Northampton, in your terms, I'm only down the road. About 40 miles away.

If we can't make a City game, I'll take you to watch the Cobblers or the Saints (rugby union, Tigers local rivals)! But you're taking us to an ice hockey game if I'm ever over your way :thumbup:

40 miles isnt too bad for Canadian standards lol.

Worst thing is I'm a montreal canadians fan, hate the local maple leafs. Wont catch me going to a leafs game unless montreal is in town. Getting tickets is next to impossible.

When in the UK i usually split time between Chesterfield, Gloucester and Leicester areas. As thats where my  closest family and brother live. Having said that ive been trying to get around england more and see places ive never seen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

40 miles isnt too bad for Canadian standards lol.

Worst thing is I'm a montreal canadians fan, hate the local maple leafs. Wont catch me going to a leafs game unless montreal is in town. Getting tickets is next to impossible.

When in the UK i usually split time between Chesterfield, Gloucester and Leicester areas. As thats where my  closest family and brother live. Having said that ive been trying to get around england more and see places ive never seen. 

Are you originally from the UK?

Or just have family over here?

You know how to punish yourself with sports teams then! It'd be easy to support the Maple Leafs!

Are you a Blue Jays fan?

We should probably PM or have our own thread!

Sorry everyone :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I cannot stand the phrase “Foxes Never Quit.” 

I didn't mind it when there was a fair enough reason to believe it could be vaguely true. Now I'm with you, and my loathing also for the main forum is growing hour by hour.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I didn't mind it when there was a fair enough reason to believe it could be vaguely true. Now I'm with you, and my loathing also for the main forum is growing hour by hour.

Likewise. In the past there was evidence of it, sometimes there was heart and desire but not much quality. We've had some recent periods of both. Now, there's talent but lacking evidence from most, of any heart and spirit. I've been avoiding the main forum for large parts of the season. 

8 hours ago, Stinky said:

People who share their new post on Instagram as a story, to show everyone they have a new post. Why? (besides from showing everyone they have a new post)

Yeah this really annoys me too. Surely sharing it on the story just means the same people who can see it on your page are now just going to see it again.

8 hours ago, Stinky said:

People who share their new post on Instagram as a story, to show everyone they have a new post. Why? (besides from showing everyone they have a new post)

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah this really annoys me too. Surely sharing it on the story just means the same people who can see it on your page are now just going to see it again.

I have absolutely no idea what these are referring to and I've a feeling I should be jolly well glad about that too

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stinky said:

Blame Instagram.  I hate social media but I do have a business Instagram.  They changed their algorithms, can't remember exactly when, and overnight posts became next to pointless without other forms of engagement.  Apparently this was to encourage more proactive engagement from accounts, more regular stories etc.  Maybe they were losing people to tik tok.

As a result I've largely given up as I just can't be arsed constantly spamming and without constantly spamming less and less people see your actual posts.  Wank.  

I like BBC EMT, it's a really important programme in an age where local news and local journalism is dying.

However, PLEASE to the lord above whenever you do a Leicester City feature:

A) Stop interviewing random people in the city centre who know nothing about the club/football and are clearly pretending to give a shit

B) Stop wheeling out Peter Soulsby to talk about Leicester City**

** This is not an excuse for people who are weirdly anti-SPS to pile in on this. Get back to the Mercury's FB and website comment sections if you want to have a weird rant about him

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who go out with wet hair I.e. to the shops/school run etc... was in Tescos the other day and all I could smell is damp hair & strong conditioner.

Smelling aftershave/perfume on somebody a mile away is a gripe for me 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Smelling aftershave/perfume on somebody a mile away is a gripe for me 

Yeah the old "you smell like a whores handbag" routine. 

I knew a bloke at work who came in like that every day, stinking the place out. Almost worse than people with BO. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Yeah the old "you smell like a whores handbag" routine. 

I knew a bloke at work who came in like that every day, stinking the place out. Almost worse than people with BO. 

I just think it's unnecessary to whack that much on, but I speak as someone who makes the effort to just not smell (yes hi @Izzy) as a bare minimum. 

that said I've worked with someone with awful BO, I've no idea how they can walk around without any feeling of guilt 

On 29/05/2023 at 11:31, kingkisnorbo said:

I cannot stand the phrase “Foxes Never Quit.” 

This phrase feels like it could be developed into a pangram - a short sentence containing every letter of the alphabet. With that in mind, this was the best I could think of, loosely based on the famous 'The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog' pangram:-

Heck - lazy foxes never quit brown dog jump!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I always say thank you to the person that steps out into the road as I approach them on a narrowish pavement. Why don't others do that? 

I'm too busy filming them being hit by a car.

• Haha 2

Don't mind people taking the odd photo / video at a gig to keep as a memory and I don't want to get finger waggy about it - people can ultimately do whatever they bloody like but this still from a minute long video of Arctics in Manchester earlier is depressing as sin to me, just the deadest crowd

Screenshot-20230603-012500-01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2